Our Mining lawyers have over 25 years of experience providing full legal support to mining companies.
Our lawyers understand the industry and constantly monitor market trends. We can advise clients to bring an industry-focused approach and guide them through the legal commodities market. We know how mining works from technical to operational to legal sides. Our highly qualified lawyers are dedicated to resolving legal issues at any stage of the cycle.
Services we provide include:
Legal support in obtaining subsoil use rights;
Advice on subsoil use contracts;
M&A in subsoil projects: legal due diligence, drafting purchase agreements, transfer of assets, obtaining waiver in purchasing subsoil objects from state authorities;
Legal support in creation and operation of joint ventures;
Environmental audit and litigation;
State control and regulation: legal advice and representation;
Taxation and tax dispute: audit and litigation;
Transfer pricing: export structuring, audit, litigation;
Production sharing agreement;
Joint venture agreement;
Dispute resolution and much more.
- Advising (as local Kazakh counsel) KazakhGold Group Limited in a reverse takeover transaction of Polyus Gold International, one of the world's largest gold producers, valued at approximately USD 10 billion;
- Advising (as local Kazakh counsel) Polyus Gold International in its USD 9 billion premium listing on the London Stock Exchange;
- Advising (as local Kazakh counsel) Polyus Gold International in the sale of USD 375 million of shares (including debt assignment) in Kazakhaltyn and Norox Mining (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan);
- Representing Polyus Gold International in the USD 500 million investment dispute with Kazakh partners;
- Advising (as local Kazakh counsel) Nord Gold, an international gold producer, a unit of Russian steelmaker Severstal, on the USD 1 billion IPO on the London Stock Exchange;
- Advising (as local Kazakh counsel) Nord Gold on the US Notes Offering for USD 500 million on the Irish Stock Exchange;
- Advising Cammex (Kazakh large gold producer) on its USD 200 million assets' sale to Verniy Capital Investment Company and Kazzinc;
- Advising EuroChem, one of the world's leading mineral fertilizer producers, on its investments in Kazakhstan (approximately USD 2 billion), including negotiations with the Government of Kazakhstan on the terms of a contract for exploration and production of phosphate deposits in Kazakhstan;
- Legal support of Kazatomprom JSC, the national operator of Kazakhstan for import and export of uranium, rare- and rare-earth metals, in terms of acquisition through its subsidiary company 25% +1 share in Ural Electrochemical Plant JSC the largest plant for uranium. Advising subsidiaries of Kazatomprom JSC on different tax and subsoil use matters;
- Assisting Kazakhstani branch of Rio Tinto PLC on structuring joint ventures with KazGeology;
- Assisting Polymetal International PLC, a leading manufacturer of precious metals in Kazakhstan and Russia, on acquisition of the Bakyrchik gold mine in Kazakhstan;
- Full legal support of Cameco Corporation in Kazakhstan, advising its subsidiary JV Inkai LLP on subsoil use issues, in particular regarding uranium production, as well as on contractual, tax, customs and environmental law, labour disputes and litigation;
- Advising Uranium One, the world's largest uranium mining company, with a global diversified portfolio of international assets for a syndicated loan of USD 225 million;
- Advising CGN Mining Company Limited, the largest Chinese uranium mining company, on joint activities with Kazatomprom JSC on developing new uranium deposits, as well as on joint activities of producing fuel pellets;
- Advising Kazphosfat LLP on the restructuring of a group of companies, including commercial and tax issues.
- Representing interests of a leading Belarusian petrochemical enterprise in arbitration courts of Russian Federation andinternational arbitration court at the BelCCI in a dispute arising out of construction project works and banking guarantee.
- Assisting SKY SOLAR s.r.o. in drafting and negotiations of a Purchase contract for arable lands in the Czech Republic;
- Advising a Chinese investor on acquisition of Manas Resources. Due diligence of mining companies owned by a holding company in Kyrgyzstan;
- Advising Chaarat Zaav gold company on regulation and procedure for environmental impact assessment;
- Advising EBRD on a syndicated loan to one of the largest gold mining projects Kumtor. Registration of pledge agreement;
- Advising a major Russian bank on financing of construction of gold processing plant at the second largest gold ore field in Kyrgyzstan. Drafting all local security instruments, commenting on foreign financing arrangements from the standpoint of local law; providing extensive ongoing general legal advice on gold exports, taking and enforcing securities in Kyrgyzstan, and other matters.
- Advising a major Chinese mining company on mining regulation in Tajikistan.
- Advising Energy and Fuel of Ukraine state company on day-to-day business activities;
- Advising a Ukrainian company on defending against claims related to ownership of granite quarry and sand washing activities
|Nurbol Kissembayev||Partner, Branch Director||Aktau||Inquire|
|Bakhodir Jabborov||Managing Partner||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Almat Daumоv||Partner, Head of Natural Resources Department, Representative GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow, Almaty||Inquire|
|Kanat Seidaliev||Partner, Office Director||Bishkek, Dushanbe||Inquire|
|Zaira Kaysar||Partner, Branch Director in Atyrau and Aktobe||Atyrau, Aktobe||Inquire|
|Yevgeniy Gorokhov||Head of Dispute Resolution Department, Attorney at law, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
|Yerbolat Yerkebulanov||Partner, Head of Subsoil Use Department (Almaty)||Almaty||Inquire|
|Samat Daumov||Branch Director||Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kyzylorda, Shymkent, Taraz, Kostanay, Astana, Kokshetau, Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar, Karaganda, Uralsk, Taldykorgan||Inquire|
|Maksim Burak||Partner, Head of Subsoil Use Department (Astana)||Astana||Inquire|