For 25 years GRATA International has collaborated with international and local companies in all sectors of the economy, contributing to the organization and the success of their activities in the Asia, Europe and Middle East regions.
We offer a full range of legal services to assist and advise our clients. Our high level of performance and acknowledgement by our clients is confirmed by high ratings in respectable publications such as the “The Legal 500”, “Chambers Global”, “Chambers AsiaPacific”, “IFLR1000”, “Who’s Who legal”, “Asialaw Profiles”. Combining the strength of all our industry sectors we have created what we believe is a leading practice for assisting in establishing a strong legal presence and further support in the transport business.
We have established a true partnership with team spirit, creativity and youthful energy that gives us a unique style of working. Constant self-improvement and focus on cost effective success are the basis of our team development strategy.
Our team consists of more than 200 highly qualified lawyers, who can resolve legal issues quickly and skillfully; no matter how complex the issue might be. We are keen to assist our clients to control their expenditures in a complex economical environment, and always try to add maximum value to our advice. A reasonable pricing policy allows our customers to obtain quality services at a reasonable price.
Our Construction & Infrastructure team will support and guide you through rapidly changing environment of Kazakhstani and Central Asian markets and help you to evaluate risks as well as opportunities.
We propose to our clients services in the following areas:
- Licensing and permits;
- Property acquisition and registration;
- Legal structuring of complex projects;
- Drafting construction contracts, including EPC;
- Public-private partnership;
- Corporate structuring;
- Registration of legal entities;
- Project finance;
- Advising on environmental law issues;
- Dispute resolution and mediation;
- Insolvency and restructuring;
- Taxation, customs and transfer pricing;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- And many other.
Brochure: Construction and Infrastructure
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS• Advising a group of major petrochemical companies featuring the participation of both Kazakhstani and international state and private companies in connection with the construction of a petrochemical plant in Western Kazakhstan, including drafting EPC contracts. This was a pioneering transaction with FIDIC EPC сontracts successfully used in Kazakhstani petrochemical industry, and synchronized with local norms and regulations. Total project value - approximately USD 1 billion;
• Advising a Korean consortium on the financing of a project to build, own and operate a thermal electric power plant in Central Kazakhstan, including issues of taxation, antitrust, currency, tariffs, choice of applicable law, dispute resolution, possible remedies and termination issues and signing a bilateral investment treaty;
• Advising a consortium of major Kazakhstani and Russian energy producers in connection with reconstruction of the largest electrical energy producing enterprise in Kazakhstan, including the drafting of EPC contracts. Total project value - over USD 700 million;
• Advising a top-tier transportation company headquartered in France in connection with construction of a modern turnkey tram-line in Astana, including advice on regulations applicable to Astana New City Special Economic Zone;
• Advising several top-tier Italian construction companies in connection with a construction of roads in Western and Southern Kazakhstan and related disputes with state authorities/subcontractors;
• Advising an international construction company headquartered in South Korea in connection with participation in the largest residential construction project at the outskirts of Almaty, Kazakhstan, including general advisory services on Kazakhstani construction regulations and standards, participation in project structuring, drafting EPC contracts and other commercial agreements in construction area;
• Advising one of the world's largest construction companies headquartered in Turkey in connection with the dispute with Kazakhstani counterparty with regard to construction works for one of the largest development projects in Almaty, Kazakhstan;
• Advising a top-tier development company headquartered in UAE in connection with construction of multifunctional administrative and residential compound in Astana, Kazakhstan, including general advisory services on Kazakhstani construction standards and regulations, advising on project structure, including financing;
• Advising a concessioner of the Aktau International Airport on drafting tender documentation, negotiation and signing of a concession agreement and EPC contract;
• Advising international reconstruction and development bank on a loan agreement in relation to the reconstruction of the water and wastewater system in Aktau, Kazakhstan to the value of KZT 1.2 billion. The objective of the project is to enable the relevant local authorities to increase the efficiency of water operations in the region, so as to equip the city with the municipal infrastructure.
• Advising a large construction company with headquarters in Spain with regard to construction of several infrastructure facilities in Kazakhstan, including bridges and roads. Our services include drafting EPC-contracts, obtaining licenses and authorizations, advising with regard to organization of activity in Kazakhstan, tax and labor issues.
• Advising one of the largest Turkish construction companies with regard to construction of shopping mall in Almaty, Kazakhstan, including drafting construction contracts based on FIDIC forms, tax and corporate structuring of activity, obtaining of work permits, licenses and constructions authorizations, and due diligence of the project and companies participating in it.
• Advising construction holding headquartered in Germany with regard to reconstruction of power plant in Kazakhstan, including advise on taxation and form of legal presence in Kazakhstan, drafting and negotiations of construction contracts based on FIDIC forms, registration of legal entities in Kazakhstan and obtaining necessary permits.
• Advising a designer bureau headquartered in Italy with regard to participation in reconstruction of one of the biggest hotels in Almaty, Kazakhstan, including advice with regard to form of legal presence in Kazakhstan, drafting and negotiation of construction contracts based on FIDIC forms;
• Advising an international consortium in the energy sector in connection with construction and development of a coal-fired thermal power plant in Central Kazakhstan. Total project value – approximately 4 billion USD;
• Representing Kazakhstan’s largest infrastructure construction company, in several connected judicial proceedings with a subcontractor in relation to demands of the subcontractor to reimburse the value of additional scope of work in excess of approx. 5 billion KZT, counterclaims of the main contractor to return advance payment and foreclosure upon a advance payment bank guarantee, and rehabilitation issues, the taking of injunctive relief and challenging the actions of enforcement officers;
• Representing main contractor in a judicial proceeding with a customer in relation to developing project designs of several large railroad facilities. The project was comprised of several simultaneous judicial proceedings at various levels of the judiciary on matters, such as, reconsideration of judicial acts on newly discovered circumstances, seeking recognition of the validity of acts of acceptance, recovery of debt, etc.;
• Advising a world-leading consulting company headquartered in Singapore in connection with the project of reorganization of legislation in the area of special economic zones (SEZ) in Kazakhstan, for purposes of increase of their effectiveness, modernization of infrastructure and attraction of investments; including preparation of a comprehensive analysis of legal issues relating to activity of SEZ's and recommendations aimed at improvement of SEZ’s activity;
• Representing a shortlisted consortium of Spanish, French and Turkish companies in a second stage of public tender for construction and operation of Big Almaty Ring Road (BAKAD), including review and negotiations over concession agreement and tender documentation, advice on various aspects of Kazakh law, participation in direct negotiations with Kazakh Ministry of Investments and Development. BAKAD is the major concession project to be realized in Kazakhstan in the near future based on Build-Transfer-Operate scheme, with the matter value is over US$ 700 million.
|Yerzhan Yessimkhanov||Partner, Head of Telecommunication & Transport, Construction & Infrastructure Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Yerbolat Yerkebulanov||Partner, Head of Subsoil Use Department (Almaty)||Almaty||Inquire|
|Bakhodir Jabborov||Managing Partner||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Nurlan Kyshtobaev||Partner, Head of Banking & Finance Practice in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan offices||Dushanbe, Bishkek||Inquire|
|Nodir Yuldashev||Partner, Construction, Telecommunications, Transport, Tax and Litigation||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Kanat Seidaliev||Partner, Office Director||Bishkek, Dushanbe||Inquire|
|Samat Daumov||Managing Partner, Branch Director||Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kyzylorda, Shymkent, Taraz, Kostanay, Astana, Kokshetau, Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar, Karaganda, Uralsk, Taldykorgan||Inquire|
|Zaira Kaysar||Partner, Branch Director in Atyrau and Aktobe||Atyrau, Aktobe||Inquire|
|Yevgeniy Gorokhov||Senior Lawyer of Dispute Resolution Department, Attorney at law, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
|Gulim Ratayeva||Representative in Pavlodar||Pavlodar||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Asialaw Profiles is a comprehensive guide to the leading domestic and regional law firms in the Asia-Pacific region.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner at GRATA Law Firm, took part in the meeting with business community in Ukraine, organized by the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova in Kiev on 14 August 2014.
News 1 - 2 of 2
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last