For more than 25 years GRATA International has collaborated with international and local companies in all sectors of the economy, contributing to the organisation and the success of their activities in the Asian and European regions.
We offer a full range of legal services to assist and advise our clients. Our high level of performance and acknowledgement by our clients is confirmed by high ratings in respectable publications such as the The Legal 500, Chambers Global, Chambers AsiaPacific, IFLR1000, Who’s Who Legal, Asia Law Profiles. Combining the strength of all our industry sectors we have created what we believe is a leading practice for assisting in establishing a strong legal presence and further support in the transport business.
We have established a true partnership with team spirit, creativity and youthful energy that gives us a unique style of working. Constant self-improvement and focus on cost effective success are the basis of our team development strategy. Our team consists of more than 250 highly qualified lawyers, who can resolve legal issues quickly and skillfully; no matter how complex the issue might be.
We are keen to assist our clients to control their expenditures in a complex economical environment, and always try to add maximum value to our advice. A reasonable pricing policy allows our customers to obtain quality services at a reasonable price.
Our Transport team will support and guide you through rapidly changing environment of Kazakhstani and Central Asian markets and help you to evaluate risks as well as opportunities.
Our services include:
- Licensing and permits;
- Competition and regulatory requirements;
- Property acquisition and registration;
- Finance and leasing;
- Taxation, customs and transfer pricing;
- Corporate structuring;
- Registration of legal entities;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Advising on environmental law issues;
- Dispute resolution and mediation;
- Insolvency and restructuring;
- Legal structuring of complex projects
- Advising a global transportation company on the requirement of cash registers on its vehicles;
- Advising a regional cargo carrier on antitrust matters and obtaining acquisition clearance from state regulators;
- Advising a global passenger carrier on conducting a promotional lottery;
- Legal support and representation of an aircraft manufacturer in signing contracts for operational and financial leasing of aircraft, which also included pledge of aircraft in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Advising and representation of a truck distribution company on pre
- Representing a prominent German transportation and logistics company acting as the defendant in a dispute with a Belarusian company facing bankruptcy;
- Representing a national oil trade leader and conducting legal expert examination on certain aspects of performance of the oil transportation contract with a foreign company, on the contract violation by the counter party. Advising on the possible options of mitigating damages and representing in the arbitration proceedings;
- Representing the Belarusian office of the European company which provides car-rental services worldwide. This included legal support in the dispute on the enforcement of the contract on the re-purchase of the vehicles that were bought for leasing;
- Representing a Slovakian transportation company in a dispute related to the recovery of debts and penalties under the contract of the international carriage of goods and forwarding services;
- Representing a Belarusian transportation company on collecting debts from its German counterparts. This involved cooperation with our German legal partner;
- Supporting a leading Slovak freight forwarding, logistics and customs services provider on the full process of debt recovery from a Belarusian counterpart starting from negotiations to enforcement of the court decision;
- Advising a German logistics company on obtaining rights for use and adaptation of the corporate software, developed by another German company.
- Legal support to a public transportation company for reconstruction of tram tracks and possible subsidies repayment;
- Legal advising of Technical Administration of Route Network on public procurements in transportation;
- Providing legal services to the Region of Liberec for its public transportation;
- Legal administration of public procurements for a Prague public transportation company.
- Advising an international airline headquartered in Germany on drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, tax, corporate and other issues, representing interests in local courts;
- Advising a leading world transportation service on launching their service in Kazakhstan, including licensing, tax and other issues, drafting commercial agreements, negotiations with state authorities;
- Advising the leading Kazakh airline on financing acquisitions of aircraft and aircraft engines, customs and tax regulations and general commercial issues;
- Advising an international airline headquartered in Central Europe on customs and tax regulations in Kazakhstan, cooperation with local partners and state authorities, corporate restructuring, drafting general commercial agreements;
- Advising a major international airline on establishing its legal presence in Kazakhstan and tax reporting;
- Advising an international manufacturer of passenger trains on establishing their legal presence in Kazakhstan, customs and tax issues, operations in the territory of a Special Economic Zone and construction of production facilities;
- Advising a leading helicopter services company on corporate restructuring and labour law requirements; representing interests in disputes against state authorities on labour and tax issues;
- Advising an international industry association of airlines on general regulatory requirements in Kazakhstan and real estate matters, including leases, tax and corporate law issues;
- Advising a major international producer of vehicles headquartered in Sweden on financing of operations in Kazakhstan and cooperation with local distributors and partners, tax and customs issues;
- Advising a subsidiary of a Kazakh leading financial group on construction of a plant producing railway equipment, including drafting international commercial contracts, consultations on cooperation with state authorities and general regulatory issues;
- Advising a leading German bank on the sale of two aircraft to the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Advising an international financial consultant on funding for leasing aircraft engines to an airline in Kazakhstan, including advice on financing structure, drafting financing agreements and issuing a legal opinion;
- Advising a US lessor of commercial aircraft on leasing an aircraft to a Kazakh company;
- Advising an international transportation company on matters of foreign loans debt collection in Turkmenistan and registration of bare-boat charter under the flag of Turkmenistan;
- Advising a Kazakh transportation company on financing for purchasing aircraft with in the Republic of Kazakhstan, including structuring and drafting financing agreements;
- Advising a top-tier transportation company headquartered in France on construction of a modern turnkey tram-line in Astana, including advice on regulations applicable to “Astana New City” Special Economic Zone.
- Advising Deutsche Bahn on acquisition of major logistic company;
- Advising EBRD on Bishkek Bus project (loan transaction);
- Advising Ukrainian and Kazakh companies on structuring and obtaining all approvals, permits, consents for establishing a transport and logistics hub;
- Advising an international financial organisation (IFC) on implementation of a road tolling project in Kyrgyzstan.
- Providing comprehensive legal services to the largest Polish aircraft maintenance organisation: advising on corporate and commercial issues out-of-court dispute settlement;
- Providing comprehensive legal services to a Polish aircraft engine maintenance and overhaul organisation: legal advice with respect to corporate and commercial issues;
- Providing comprehensive legal support to a Polish touroperator and charter flights provider: advising on corporate and commercial issues, litigations and regulatory matters related to the supervision by Civil Aviation Authority;
- Conducting comprehensive legal due diligence of a Polish air carrier on behalf of one of its shareholders;
- Advising a Polish transportation company on employment and regulatory requirements for applicable legal forms of cooperation with Polish drivers;
- Drafting a new general terms agreement for aircraft base maintenance for Poland's largest aircraft maintenance organisation.
- Representation of Sibresurs LLC, a company engaged in transportation and sale of fuel, in a dispute with an authority on additional taxes, penalties and fines charge;
- Representation of a carrier company in disputes for the recovery of debts under contracts for transportation of sand and gravel mixtures for approximately USD 40000;
- Providing legal tax support to one of the largest transportation-logistical companies in Russia;
- Advising a road transportation company on drafting a complaint to anti-monopoly authorities and filing a lawsuit in arbitration court with demands to declare an auction illegal;
- Representing a passenger transportation company in a series of litigations in the Federal Antimonopoly Service and arbitration tribunals on illegal restriction of access to the transportation services market. As a result of these litigations, the client was given access to the market and was included in the register of carriers.
- Advising a German international automobile manufacturer on purchasing an automobile manufacturing plant in Kazakhstan by its Uzbekistani JV;
- Assisting Minda Automotive Company, an Indian vehicle spare parts manufacturer, on organising an investment project in Navoi Special Industrial and Economic Zone, including establishing a company in the Navoi SIEZ;
- Assisting GM Uzbekistan LLC JV, an Uzbek vehicle manufacturer, on hiring foreign personnel in Uzbekistan;
- Assisting General Motors Power train Company, a US car engine manufacturer, on signing an investment agreement with the Government of Uzbekistan and establishing a JV in Tashkent;
- Carrying out due diligence of a local subsidiary of a Pakistani transportation company for compliance with licensing, corporate, employment and foreign currency regulations;
- Advising a Korean construction corporation on constructing an international road in Uzbekistan, including contract, foreign currency regulations and tax matters;
- Advising a German international transportation company on licensing domestic and international transportation and certain customs activities in Uzbekistan;
- Advising a EU-based international transportation corporation on its takeover of a UAE-based international transportation company with subsidiaries in Uzbekistan, advising on antimonopoly compliance, transfer of transportation and customs warehouse licenses;
- Advising a Polish international transportation company on the transportation of hazardous materials (chemicals) through the territory of Uzbekistan;
- Advising a US-based private corporation on transit of military products through the territory of Uzbekistan to the territory of Afghanistan.
|Yerzhan Yessimkhanov||Partner, Head of Telecommunication & Transport, Construction & Infrastructure Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Bakhodir Jabborov||Managing Partner||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Samat Daumov||Branch Director||Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kyzylorda, Shymkent, Taraz, Kostanay, Astana, Kokshetau, Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar, Karaganda, Uralsk, Taldykorgan||Inquire|
|Nodir Yuldashev||Partner, Construction, Telecommunications, Transport, Tax and Litigation||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Kanat Seidaliev||Partner, Office Director||Bishkek, Dushanbe||Inquire|
|Zaira Kaysar||Partner, Branch Director in Atyrau and Aktobe||Atyrau, Aktobe||Inquire|
|Iskender Batyrbekov||Senior Lawyer||Bishkek||Inquire|
|Yevgeniy Gorokhov||Head of Dispute Resolution Department, Attorney at law, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Asialaw Profiles is a comprehensive guide to the leading domestic and regional law firms in the Asia-Pacific region.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner at GRATA Law Firm, took part in the meeting with business community in Ukraine, organized by the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova in Kiev on 14 August 2014.
News 1 - 2 of 2
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last