GRATA Law Firm's Finance & Securities Group is a leading legal counsel in the area of capital markets, project finance and infrastructure projects development and financial transactions in Central Asia and in Kazakhstan in particular.
Rapidly growing, GRATA's Finance & Securities Group currently comprises over 10 local lawyers, almost all with second law degrees from the UK, USA or other western leading universities, the majority being based in Almaty (Kazakhstan) and others based in our Baku (Azerbaijan), Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan), Moscow (Russia), Tashkent (Uzbekistan) and Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia) offices.
Our aim is to become a leading finance practice in the legal market of Central Asia. This means that GRATA's Finance & Securities Group aims to set the standard for legal support in capital markets and in general for the finance sector, to online monitor the needs of our clients and to provide them with individualized legal solutions in order to help them carve out a leading market niche.
The ability to provide legal services which offer value for money and our understanding of the local cultures of Central Asia are some of our strengths.
We are proud that our clients, the largest local and international banks and companies from different industry sectors, have trusted GRATA’s knowledge and expertise for more than 20 years now.
GRATA's Finance & Securities Department has established effective cooperation with the financial regulators across Central Asia and the Caucasus and also with local and international stock exchanges, investment banks, international law firms and consultants, which allow us to provide our clients with the best-in-class solutions for their needs.
- Aircraft, Maritime and Railcar Finance & Leasing;
- Bank and Corporate Lending;
- Banking & Insurance Disputes;
- Bond Offerings;
- Financial Services Regulation;
- Foreign Direct Investments;
- Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Debt Restructuring & Insolvency;
- Initial and Secondary Public Offerings;
- Islamic Finance;
- Project Finance & PPP;
Listed, Chambers Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific's Leading Lawyers for Business (2013, 2014, 2015)
Listed, Chambers Global: Leading Lawyers for Business (2013, 2014, 2015)
Below we list some of the recent projects handled by our Banking & Finance lawyers:
- advising Bank of China (Honk Kong) Limited on a USD 7.5 billion syndicated secured loan facility to Asia Gas Pipeline LLP to finance a gas pipeline project in Kazakhstan;
- advised European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on USD 15 million financing of two Kazakh gold-mining companies wishing to acquire new mining machinery;
- advising China Development Bank on a USD 1.8 billion syndicated secured loan facility to Beineu - Shymkent Gas Pipeline LLP (controlled 50-50 by KazTransGas and CNPC) to finance a gas pipeline project in Kazakhstan;
- advising China Development Bank on a USD 4.7 billion syndicated secured loan facility to Asia Gas Pipeline LLP to finance a gas pipeline project in Kazakhstan;
- advised RBS and Sberbank CIB as Arrangers and Dealers on the USD 500 million drawdown under USD 680 million Global Medium Term Note Programme of JSC Samruk-Energo;
- advised BNP Paribas, Citigroup Global Markets Limited, HSBC Bank, VTB Capital as Managers on USD 3,5 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme of Eurasian Development Bank;
- advised Sberbank, the largest Russian bank, on its USD 2 billion debt facility to Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation plc, secured by guarantees issued by Kazakh subsidiaries of ENRC;
- advised US Export-Import Bank on secured loan to Lokomotiv JSC, a subsidiary of Kazakh national rail company, to renew locomotives park;
- advised BNP Paribas on a secured USD 100 million syndicated facility to Eastcomtrans LLP, a large Kazakh transport company, to purchase rolling stock;
- advised Samsung C&T and KEPCO on their investments in the Balkhash Power Plant (debut Independent Power Producer project in Kazakhstan with total value USD 4 bn.) where GRATA, among other things, drafted and negotiated with the Government of Kazakhstan an unprecedented international treaty between Kazakhstan and South Korea (signed in 2011);
- advised EuroChem, Russia’s largest mineral fertilizer producer, on its investment in the Chemical Producing Plant in South Kazakhstan (USD 2 bn. total value infrastructure project) where GRATA, among other things, drafted and negotiated with the Government of Kazakhstan unprecedented host government agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and a foreign investor (signed in January 2012);
- advised Credit Suisse, UBS Investment Bank and Visor Capital as Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners, Renaissance Capital as Joint Bookrunner and Halyk Finance as Co-Manager on the public offering of JSC KCell, the largest cellular service provider in Kazakhstan, including on the listing of GDRs on LSE and shares on Kazakh stock exchange;
- advised International Finance Corporation on its investment on USD 25 million in the Eurasia Real Estate Development Company (Eurasia RED) to build a premium-class retail center in Almaty;
- advising Astana Finance, a large Kazakh financial services company, on USD 2 billion debt restructuring.
|Shaimerden Chikanayev||Partner, Director of Banking & Finance Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Atabek Sharipov||Partner, Head of Turkmenistan Practice, Head of Banking & Secured Transactions in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan||Tashkent, Ashgabat||Inquire|
|Nurlan Kyshtobaev||Partner, Head of Banking & Finance Practice in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan offices||Dushanbe, Bishkek||Inquire|
|Yana Dianova||Director of Corporate and Commercial Law Department, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Asialaw Profiles is a comprehensive guide to the leading domestic and regional law firms in the Asia-Pacific region.
News 1 - 1 of 1
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last