Mergers and acquisitions are effective tools for managing the strategy of a company's growth and for solving a broad range of problems, including: geographically expanding a company's target market; widening the product range; and a company's vertical integration. The planning and implementation of such transactions rely on providing due diligence of the target company, and analysing the structure of the deal and its associated risks.
We will provide full legal support for deals on the merger and acquisition of companies. With extensive experience, we can provide a thorough and objective legal analysis of a company's activity, with focus placed on determining the legally relevant consequences and the risks of the deal. Our experts will prepare all the necessary documentation, including competently drafting a contract and protecting the interests of our client during negotiations. You can also trust us to observe the priority right of purchase, obtain all necessary approvals (from the company's management, the state authorities and creditors, if required by law) for the sale and/or purchase, and carry out the company's re-registration.
For the period of 2007 -2008 we have provided services to 38 clients for their 63 M&A related projects in Kazakhstan. In total we supported Kazakhstan’s M&A completed transactions for more that USD 80 mln. We continue legal advising to ongoing projects related to M&A in Kazakhstan for more than USD 236 mln.
GRATA has significant experience and expertise in acting on complex, high-value, cross-border work as well as a range of smaller transactions. We operate by bringing together international experience and local knowledge. Over the last few years, we have worked on the following projects:
- Assistance in making of Kazakh anti-trust filing for acquisition of one of largest generic drug company worldwide.
- Advising of major Indian bank Punjab National Bank on acquisition of control stake in Kazakh Dana Bank.
- Due diligence of leading international generic manufacturer.
- Advising a major sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of LSE listed shares of the large Kazakhstan oil & gas company.
- Advising a leading international bank on its proposed acquisition of commercial bank in Kazakhstan, including conducting of due diligence of the target.
- Advising a major financial bank on antitrust matters of acquisition of Russian investment company.
- Advising Chinese engineering corporation on potential acquisition of stake in Kazakh science institute, including conducting of full due diligence and advising on antimonopoly matters.
- Acting on the acquisition of 2 large Kazakhstan telecommunication companies by the Kazakh investment holding.
- Advising of an international FMCG producer on acquisition of minority stake in Kazakh beverage company.
- Conducting of due diligence of Kazakh large petrochemical company.
- Conducting of due diligence of West-Kazakhstan oil &gas company.
- Advising a large international oil company on its proposed acquisition of an oil company with substantial assets in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence for a large Asian company in relation to the purchase of the shares of an international energy corporation (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence on behalf of a potential buyer (large European bank) regarding the acquisition of a top twenty bank in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence for the IPO of a major mining and minerals company in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Advising a large Indian corporation on the proposed acquisition of a Kazakh oil company. The transaction included conducting of due diligence.
- Advising a leading Korean Kookmin bank on its acquisition of 30% share in Bank Center Credit for $634 millions, including conducting of detailed due diligence, revising and commenting on SPA and SHA agreements, and advising on the disclosure process and consulting on various other legal matters.
- Advising a large Asian telecoms company in relation to the purchase of shares of a large Kazakhstan national telecoms provider.
- Conducting due diligence on behalf of large Chinese telecom company regarding the acquisition of two telecoms providers in Kazakhstan.
- Acting on the US$100 million proposed acquisition of a Kazakh bank by a London-based Bank, including the conduction of due diligence.
- Preparing a due diligence report for the fixed assets of a company in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a large US oil company on its proposed acquisition of a Kazakh oil production firm.
- Advising a leading Hong Kong gold mining company on the acquisition of a local gold mining company.
- Obtaining permits from the Kazakhstan anti-trust authorities for various acquisitions.
- Advising a Kazakhstan oil company on its proposed acquisition by the Korean National Oil Corporation.
- Advising an international metals producer in relation to the proposed acquisition of a large oil company in Kazakhstan, including conducting due diligence.
- Conducting due diligence for the global oil services.
- Conducting due diligence for a large Russian law firm.
- Conducting due diligence for one of the leading export-import banks in China.
- Advising an international oil company on the proposed acquisition of a large Kazakhstan oil field.
- Conducting due diligence for and advising a major Italian bank.
- Acting for a leading international bank in relation to the proposed acquisition of shares in Kazakhstani bank.
- Advising of a UK mining company on its acquisition of a gold deposit in Kazakhstan; conducting due diligence and drafting SPA.
- Advising local oil company on its acquisition by a Canadian international oil company, including performing due diligence and drafting SPA.
- Advising a large international oil company on its proposed acquisition of an oil company with substantial assets in Kazakhstan; performing due diligence.
- Advising a Kazakhstani private mining company on the potential joint venture and further development alone with a large Korean company of a large copper and nickel deposit in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a large Korean mining corporation on its acquisition of several Kazakhstani mining companies, including conducting of due diligence, drafting of documentation, preparing of legal memorandums and formal legal opinions.
- Advising of Russian mining company on its acquisition of Kazakhstani coal company.
- Advising a large Asian mining company in relation to the acquisition of shares in a Kazakhstani mining company.
- Representing interests of Kazakhstan’s largest gold producer in selecting potential investors, raising investment capital and establishing joint venture.
- Advising one of the largest Kazakhstani mining companies on the rights of minority shareholders.
- Advising one of the largest mining and metals companies in Kazakhstan on a wide range of corporate and labour issues.
- Consulting and providing other legal services to a large international aluminium producing company.
- Advising a large international bank on the financing of a $300m aluminium reprocessing project.
- Conducting due diligence for a manufacturing company in Western Kazakhstan.
- Acting as a consultant to the Government Working Groups in negotiations leading to the conclusion of subsurface exploration and production contracts.
- Representing interests of Kazakhstan’s largest zinc producer to the Government bodies in the course of formulating, discussing and approving amendments to the laws, regulating mining activities.
- Providing legal services to a leading European bank on trade and customs regulations and on processing and exporting gold and precious metals.
- Consulting U.S. company on privatising a large Kazakh mining company.
- Providing full assistance in preparation of contract documentation for the trust management of the Government block of shares in a Kazakh mining company and consultancy with regard to its operations.
- Preparing memorandums and legal opinions on merger control notification requirements in Kazakhstan for a large Germany company.
- Advising underwriters of an IPO in Great Britain and Kazakhstan of the Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation for $2.6 billion.
- Advising a major Australian uranium mining company on its acquisition of a leading Kazakhstani nuclear company.
- Facilitating shares and shareholding interest sale and purchase transactions, including the sale and purchase of assets, property complex for one of the major European insurance companies.
- Assisting in transactions related to the reorganization of a large Oil and Gas Company in Western Kazakhstan.
- Providing legal consultations for over 10 years for a major international oil company under two productions sharing agreements.
- Drafting memorandums and legal opinions on issues of shares and shareholding interest sale and purchase.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
Renewable energy development has recently become hot topic in Kazakhstan that is actively being discussed among market existing and potential participants, relevant state bodies including the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (the “MoE”), international development institutions and other stakeholders.
In early July this year we witnessed the opening of the Astana International Financial Center (AIFC). We have seen a large number of reports in the media on the Court and Arbitration at the AIFC, but little has been said specifically on what exactly they can offer to Kazakhstani businesses.
Kazakhstan has high ambitions in China’s Belt and Road initiative (BRI) as it is geographically an ideal junction between China and the west.
During the Month of July 2018 GRATA International (Russian Federation) generated the most usage from Mondaq users for the category of commercial law.
В июле 2018 года наибольшее количество обращений пользователей Mondaq по вопросам коммерческого права получила GRATA International (Россия).
С 01 июля 2018 г. вступили в силу изменения в 214-ФЗ (Федеральный закон «Об участии в долевом строительстве многоквартирных домов и иных объектов недвижимости» от 30 декабря 2004 года), которые значительно усилили требования к Застройщикам.
The competition law regulates matters related to the creation of conditions for fair competition in the market for business entities, identification and implementation of legal and organisational grounds for prohibition, restriction and prevention of any activities impeding competition.
On 17 July 2018, the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEС) adopted the following acts aimed at regulation of the general market of medicines in the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU):
Federal Law No. 234-FZ of July 29, 2013 amended the Tax Code of the Russian Federation providing for the cancellation of the state duties for state registration of:
Rules relating to statute of limitation contained in the Civil Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan (the “Civil Code”) may seem relatively straightforward. However, in our practice we frequently encounter situations where rules relating to the calculation of the statute of limitation are erroneously applied or where their applications to relevant facts create disputes. In this article, the author has attempted to provide a practical perspective on some of the most frequently encountered questions relating to the statute of limitation under Kazakh law and express views on the interpretation of certain rules.
Yesterday, 26 July 2018, GRATA International and the CCIFK held a breakfast meeting with the Chamber members.
On 3-4 July 2018, an International PPP Finance Summit 2018 took place in London, UK.
By the end of June of this year Kazakhstan signed the Multilateral convention to implement tax treaty related measures to prevent base erosion and profit shifting (MLI).
Modeled on the Dubai International Financial Centre, the Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) was officially launched on the 5th July this year, established with the aim of bridging the gap between the world’s major fi nancial centers and a regional gateway for capital and investments.
On June 20, 2018, GRATA International Law Firm signed a memorandum on cooperation in the area of education with IQanat Public Education Fund.
3 июля 2018 года, в отеле Ritz Carlton Astana под председательством Премьер-министра Республики Казахстан Бакытжана Сагинтаева прошел круглый стол по глобальным инвестициям.
On 29 June 2018 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner of GRATA International (subsoil use practice (Almaty)) was a speaker at the Astana Legal Forum 2018.
Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner, Head of Subsoil Use department (Almaty) of GRATA International was a speaker at the 25th World Mining Congress (WMC).
On 19-20 July 2018 a seminar on "Practical aspects of the application of public-private partnership mechanisms for infrastructure development" will be held in Astana.
Since 1991, Kazakhstan, Central Asia’s largest economy and oil producer, has had to rely on the deteriorating infrastructure it inherited from the Soviet Union.
On 19-22 June 2018 the 25th World Mining Congress (WMC) will be held in Astana.
In Civil Law and Common Law System, the fundamental of the compensation are separated from each other. In Civil Law System, the punishment of person or persons who cause harm and the prevention of similar behaviour are the adopted remark in determining the compensation of competition law. Meanwhile in Common Law, the logic of compensation for damage, adopted comment in the determination of compensation.
Yerbolat Yerkebulanov translated the New Code on Subsoil and Subsoil Use for mining companies into English..
On 8 June 2018 a Renewable Energy Summit was held in Astana.
On 3-4 July 2018 an International PPP Summit 2018 will take place in London, UK.
On 8 June 2018, Gulnur Nurkeyeva, Head of GRATA International's China Desk, took part at the 5th meeting of the Kazakhstan China Business Council in Beijing.
Recognition and enforcement, which is one of the legal terms, is regulated in International Private and Civil Procedure Law. The point of this regulation is how the decision given by the Foreign Court will be valid in the Turkish Courts.
Ancillary restraint is frequently one of competition restricting agreements in case of accepted as illegal it can damage market. Because mergers and acquisitions sometimes lose its importance without ancillary restraints.
The event was held by the Embassy of Azerbaijan to China to mark the National Independence Day.
The event brought together Azerbaijanis living in China, representatives of various state organisations and companies from Azerbaijan and foreign states.
The well-known and free-accessed ICLG (International Comparative Legal Guide) series provides current and practical comparative legal information on a range of practice areas, including Mining Law.
The Mining Law 2018 – Kazakhstan with 43 specific issues addressed by GRATA International in view of the then-acting subsoil use legislation was initially published on September 2017.
As the mining legal environment will substantially change after the new Code on Subsoil and Subsoil Use dated 27 December 2017 comes into force on 29 June 2018, GRATA has updated the Kazakhstan chapter accordingly.
The 5th Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi-2018 (www.caspianenergyforum.com) has been held on May 8th, 2018.
During an IV meeting of the German-Uzbek Business Council which was held in Tashkent, Prime Minister of Uzbekistan Abdulla Aripov invited the largest German companies to open their business in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The authorities of Uzbekistan are planning to create three small tourist zones in the Surkhandarya region. Relying to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers, the Basnoi, Sariasiy and Sherabad zones will be established for the development of tourism in the region.
In Uzbekistan, it was adopted Presidential Decree, "On measures to further stimulate the development and growth of export potential of leather and footwear and fur industries”.
SkyPower Global (Cayman Islands) will invest US$1.3 billion in a project to build photovoltaic solar energy facilities.
On May 4, 2018, it was signed the Presidential Decree, "On measures to radically increase the role of civil society institutions in the process of democratic renewal of the country", which will amend current regulating system of NGOs, specifically:
World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim met with Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev to discuss Uzbekistan’s social and economic transformation and to reaffirm the World Bank Group’s support for reforms to accelerate economic growth and boost shared prosperity, the World Bank reported.
The companies of Uzbekistan and the US signed a number of agreements in the oil and gas sector and energy within the framework of the visit of the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to Washington.
Uzbekistan and leading US companies signed agreements worth about US$5 billion.
News 1 - 38 of 638
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last