Mergers and acquisitions are effective tools for managing the strategy of a company's growth and for solving a broad range of problems, including: geographically expanding a company's target market; widening the product range; and a company's vertical integration. The planning and implementation of such transactions rely on providing due diligence of the target company, and analysing the structure of the deal and its associated risks.
We will provide full legal support for deals on the merger and acquisition of companies. With extensive experience, we can provide a thorough and objective legal analysis of a company's activity, with focus placed on determining the legally relevant consequences and the risks of the deal. Our experts will prepare all the necessary documentation, including competently drafting a contract and protecting the interests of our client during negotiations. You can also trust us to observe the priority right of purchase, obtain all necessary approvals (from the company's management, the state authorities and creditors, if required by law) for the sale and/or purchase, and carry out the company's re-registration.
For the period of 2007 -2008 we have provided services to 38 clients for their 63 M&A related projects in Kazakhstan. In total we supported Kazakhstan’s M&A completed transactions for more that USD 80 mln. We continue legal advising to ongoing projects related to M&A in Kazakhstan for more than USD 236 mln.
GRATA has significant experience and expertise in acting on complex, high-value, cross-border work as well as a range of smaller transactions. We operate by bringing together international experience and local knowledge. Over the last few years, we have worked on the following projects:
- Assistance in making of Kazakh anti-trust filing for acquisition of one of largest generic drug company worldwide.
- Advising of major Indian bank Punjab National Bank on acquisition of control stake in Kazakh Dana Bank.
- Due diligence of leading international generic manufacturer.
- Advising a major sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of LSE listed shares of the large Kazakhstan oil & gas company.
- Advising a leading international bank on its proposed acquisition of commercial bank in Kazakhstan, including conducting of due diligence of the target.
- Advising a major financial bank on antitrust matters of acquisition of Russian investment company.
- Advising Chinese engineering corporation on potential acquisition of stake in Kazakh science institute, including conducting of full due diligence and advising on antimonopoly matters.
- Acting on the acquisition of 2 large Kazakhstan telecommunication companies by the Kazakh investment holding.
- Advising of an international FMCG producer on acquisition of minority stake in Kazakh beverage company.
- Conducting of due diligence of Kazakh large petrochemical company.
- Conducting of due diligence of West-Kazakhstan oil &gas company.
- Advising a large international oil company on its proposed acquisition of an oil company with substantial assets in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence for a large Asian company in relation to the purchase of the shares of an international energy corporation (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence on behalf of a potential buyer (large European bank) regarding the acquisition of a top twenty bank in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence for the IPO of a major mining and minerals company in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Advising a large Indian corporation on the proposed acquisition of a Kazakh oil company. The transaction included conducting of due diligence.
- Advising a leading Korean Kookmin bank on its acquisition of 30% share in Bank Center Credit for $634 millions, including conducting of detailed due diligence, revising and commenting on SPA and SHA agreements, and advising on the disclosure process and consulting on various other legal matters.
- Advising a large Asian telecoms company in relation to the purchase of shares of a large Kazakhstan national telecoms provider.
- Conducting due diligence on behalf of large Chinese telecom company regarding the acquisition of two telecoms providers in Kazakhstan.
- Acting on the US$100 million proposed acquisition of a Kazakh bank by a London-based Bank, including the conduction of due diligence.
- Preparing a due diligence report for the fixed assets of a company in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a large US oil company on its proposed acquisition of a Kazakh oil production firm.
- Advising a leading Hong Kong gold mining company on the acquisition of a local gold mining company.
- Obtaining permits from the Kazakhstan anti-trust authorities for various acquisitions.
- Advising a Kazakhstan oil company on its proposed acquisition by the Korean National Oil Corporation.
- Advising an international metals producer in relation to the proposed acquisition of a large oil company in Kazakhstan, including conducting due diligence.
- Conducting due diligence for the global oil services.
- Conducting due diligence for a large Russian law firm.
- Conducting due diligence for one of the leading export-import banks in China.
- Advising an international oil company on the proposed acquisition of a large Kazakhstan oil field.
- Conducting due diligence for and advising a major Italian bank.
- Acting for a leading international bank in relation to the proposed acquisition of shares in Kazakhstani bank.
- Advising of a UK mining company on its acquisition of a gold deposit in Kazakhstan; conducting due diligence and drafting SPA.
- Advising local oil company on its acquisition by a Canadian international oil company, including performing due diligence and drafting SPA.
- Advising a large international oil company on its proposed acquisition of an oil company with substantial assets in Kazakhstan; performing due diligence.
- Advising a Kazakhstani private mining company on the potential joint venture and further development alone with a large Korean company of a large copper and nickel deposit in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a large Korean mining corporation on its acquisition of several Kazakhstani mining companies, including conducting of due diligence, drafting of documentation, preparing of legal memorandums and formal legal opinions.
- Advising of Russian mining company on its acquisition of Kazakhstani coal company.
- Advising a large Asian mining company in relation to the acquisition of shares in a Kazakhstani mining company.
- Representing interests of Kazakhstan’s largest gold producer in selecting potential investors, raising investment capital and establishing joint venture.
- Advising one of the largest Kazakhstani mining companies on the rights of minority shareholders.
- Advising one of the largest mining and metals companies in Kazakhstan on a wide range of corporate and labour issues.
- Consulting and providing other legal services to a large international aluminium producing company.
- Advising a large international bank on the financing of a $300m aluminium reprocessing project.
- Conducting due diligence for a manufacturing company in Western Kazakhstan.
- Acting as a consultant to the Government Working Groups in negotiations leading to the conclusion of subsurface exploration and production contracts.
- Representing interests of Kazakhstan’s largest zinc producer to the Government bodies in the course of formulating, discussing and approving amendments to the laws, regulating mining activities.
- Providing legal services to a leading European bank on trade and customs regulations and on processing and exporting gold and precious metals.
- Consulting U.S. company on privatising a large Kazakh mining company.
- Providing full assistance in preparation of contract documentation for the trust management of the Government block of shares in a Kazakh mining company and consultancy with regard to its operations.
- Preparing memorandums and legal opinions on merger control notification requirements in Kazakhstan for a large Germany company.
- Advising underwriters of an IPO in Great Britain and Kazakhstan of the Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation for $2.6 billion.
- Advising a major Australian uranium mining company on its acquisition of a leading Kazakhstani nuclear company.
- Facilitating shares and shareholding interest sale and purchase transactions, including the sale and purchase of assets, property complex for one of the major European insurance companies.
- Assisting in transactions related to the reorganization of a large Oil and Gas Company in Western Kazakhstan.
- Providing legal consultations for over 10 years for a major international oil company under two productions sharing agreements.
- Drafting memorandums and legal opinions on issues of shares and shareholding interest sale and purchase.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
CAREC 2017 Energy Investment Forum (EIF) was held on 18-19 July 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan's 2020 Strategic Development Plan states that the use of renewable resources and energy sources is an effective method to diversity the country's economy. Kazakhstan is therefore creating incentives to develop wind power, solar and geothermal energy, and to introduce new technologies that will effectively use the country's water resources to provide the population with drinking water.
Please be advised that on 27 June 2017 the regulation on the Appeal commission of the Ministry of finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which will be operating from 1 July 2017, was officially published.
On 29 June 2017, Almaty hosted a seminar for business circles and businessmen of the EU and Kazakhstan on the BPCA, results of a preliminary analysis of the implementation of certain chapters and the provisions of Section III 'Trade and Business', and the opportunities open for business, as well as the key issues, which are on the way to effective performance of the broader partnership and cooperation agreement (BPCA) between the Republic of Kazakhstan, European Union and the EU member states.
On 10 June 2017, the International Specialised Exhibition 'Astana EXPO-2017' was launched.
On 14 June 2017, the Kazakh-Austrian Economic Forum and the Vth meeting of the Kazakh-Austrian Business Council was held in Astana as a part of the national day of Austria at EXPO Astana 2017.
Register of entrepreneurs (hereinafter – the ‘Register’) is a main electronic data source on all types of entrepreneurs. The procedures of maintenance and use of the Register are regulated by the respective rules.The Register is formed by the Ministry of national economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The 10th Astana Economic Forum was held in the Palace of Independence, Astana on 15-16 June 2017.
In 2015, a new pricing mechanism for construction projects was approved in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Keeping GRATA’s practice of informing clients on important legal developments that might influence their business, we would like to draw your attention to some important legal changes regarding implementation of construction projects.
The Agreement on benefits and exemptions for official participants connected with performance of the International specialized exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana, the Rules on performance of tax obligations by persons entitled to benefits and exemptions in accordance with the Agreement, effective 17 June 2017, as well as the Rules on application of special customs procedure provide for separate tax and customs regimes for EXPO-2017 participants.
Darya Ryapissova and Ibragim Kouky, lawyers at GRATA International, participated in seminars on FIDIC Contracts (International Federation of Consulting Engineers).
In Strategic Development Plan of the Republic of Kazakhstan until 2020, it is noted that one of the directions for successful diversification of the economy is the introduction of modern technologies based on renewable resources and energy sources.
Please be informed that the State revenue committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – the ‘Committee’) provided a clarification in its Letter
on refund procedure of excess value added tax (hereinafter – ‘VAT’) within the framework of risk management system (hereinafter – ‘RMS’).
The Decision No. 46 dated 11 May 2017 of the College of the Eurasian economic union introduced changes to the ‘Procedure of introduction of amendments and (or) additions to the declaration on goods’.
On 10 June 2017, EXPO exhibition opens doors to its visitors.
This International Specialised Exhibition (EXPO-2017) to be held in Astana is one of the key national projects of Kazakhstan.
On 25-26 May 2017, the International "Astana Mining & Metallurgy" Congress & Expo took place, which is held for the eighth time.
On 19 May 2017, the Legal Forum for Dispute Settlement was held in Astana hotel 'Kazzhol'. The event was arranged at the initiative of 'Atameken' National Chamber of Businessmen and Lincoln Brown law firm.
On 19 May 2017, GRATA International arrange a workshop for KazMunaiGas titled: 'Corporate Law and Corporate Governance in Joint Stock Companies'.
On 24 May 2017 in Almaty, Kazakhstan English Law Day Forum was held.
The firm celebrates its 25th anniversary.
During the seminar, Assem Tnalina, Senior Lawyer of GRATA International, commented on investment and business opportunities in Kazakhstan, including corporate and tax regulations and work permits.
Continuing rapid development in Russia, GRATA International is glad to announce the launch of a new associate office in Saint Petersburg
GRATA International Kazakhstan office experts became the contributors of the 2017 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Data Protection published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London
News 1 - 23 of 463
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last