According to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Subsoil and Subsoil use dated 24 June 2010 (hereinafter – the “Subsoil Law”), to perform subsoil use operations, a subsoil use contract is required (for exploration, production, combined exploration, and production). The draft subsoil use contract shall be developed by the winner of a tender and shall be agreed upon by the competent authority. In connection with this, when supporting projects on acquiring a subsoil use right and conclusion of contracts, our lawyers pay special attention to the terms and conditions of the concluded contract.
Because of the fact that conditions specified in the tender bid for granting of subsoil use rights is to be included in the contract will affect which participant will be considered the winner , legal assistance may often be required even at the stage of preparation and submission of the tender bid.
Since the draft subsoil use contract shall be subject to the obligatory state examination (legal, economic, environmental), the development of the conditions of the draft subsoil use contract should engage not only those lawyers who specialize in mining but also those who practice in the areas of taxation, environment, etc. Our lawyers have extensive experience in drafting subsoil use contracts, and the availability of the branch of our firm in Astana allows us to be regularly informed on the status of subsoil use contracts submitted to the competent authority. Moreover, it allows us to be aware of the contract status at the stage of examination by other state authorities and therefore provide a flexible response in case of the need to complete the draft contract in order to address comments of the respective state authorities.
Changes in the legislation, extension of the contract term, and re-registration of a geological allotment are, as a rule, the grounds for modification of the contract. Amendments to the contract are acceptable upon agreement of the parties. Since an amendment to the contract is an integral part thereof and contains provisions replacing or supplementing any of its terms and conditions, drafting an amendment should be as thorough as drafting of the contract. Our team will assist you in amending the contract and in the settlement of all legal disagreements.
Within support of conclusion of the subsoil use contract, as well as within the procedure for contract modification, our experts offer:
- preparation of the tender bid;
- representation of the Client’s interests when submitting and registering the tender bid, in course of negotiations with the state authorities that are a part of the working group on consideration of the draft contract, in course of approval and examination of the draft contract, as well as when signing and registering the contract;
- drafting the contract and amending final version thereof if required;
- drafting additional agreements to the contract;
- negotiating with the working group and state authorities in course of obtaining necessary approvals and expert evaluations;
- development of final version of the draft additional agreement to the contract, signing and registration thereof.
- advising a large Russian company on the acquisition of large coal assets and subsoil use right in Kazakhstan (conducting a complex legal analysis (due diligence), transaction structuring, drafting sale-and-purchase agreement, obtaining permit from the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right);
- advising a large international company on the proposed acquisition of an oil company owning assets in Kazakhstan, including due diligence;
- advising a large Korean mining company on the proposed acquisition of several Kazakhstani mining companies, including legal audit, development of agreements, drafting memorandums and official legal opinions;
- advising a top-tier Kazakhstani holding on development of subsoil use contracts regarding coal deposits, approval of the contract with state working groups, registration, completion and approval of amendments to the subsoil use contract;
- advising one of the foreign participants in the Production Sharing Agreement on changes in work program and procedure of procurement of goods, works and services under the subsoil use contract;
- advising a large group of Russian companies in connection with obtaining approvals under Kazakhstani subsoil legislation within the frameworks of selling a Kazakhstani gold-mining company;
- advising a Russian law firm on the necessity to obtain the consent of the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right in connection with the issue of Eurobonds by the parent company owning oil assets in Kazakhstan.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
The exclusive rights of the trademark holder will be granted or entitled when the trademark is officially registered with the General authority of Intellectual property and trademark certificate is issued.
Agriculture is one of the most attractive sectors of Kazakhstan’s economy. Kazakhstan has approximately 24 million hectares of arable land and 188 million hectares of pasture.
On 11-14 October 2018 Elite Global Legal Alliance (EGLA) held its Fourteenth General Meeting & Investment and Financing Innovation Law & Commerce Forum.
On 28 September 2018 An Export Acceleration Mission for Oil, Gas and Energy in Almaty, Kazakhstan was held.
Ibragim Kouky, the Senior Associate at Contract and Real Estate Department participated in the joint FIDIC/ICC Conference (International Federation of Consulting Engineers and International Chamber of Commerce).
In 2017 the International Federation of Consulting Engineers has introduced major amendments to FIDIC 1999 Yellow, Red and Silver Books which have been in use in the construction industry for almost twenty years.
On 20 September 2018, CCI France-Kazakhstan (CCIFK) held a monthly meeting.
Amendments concern business operations relating to performance of works, rendering services and lease relations.
While rendering services, which results the customer can use during the term of the agreement, the date of completing this business operation shall be:
last calendar day of each month of provision of services and the last day of provision of services – if the term of the agreement exceeds one month;
last calendar day of the month, when provision of services is started, and (or) the day of completing of provision of services – if the term of the agreement does not exceed one month.
This Law determines legal conditions of concession, types of state support of concessionaire and regulates social relations arising during conclusion, execution and termination of concession agreements.
This Law determines legal conditions of public-private partnership, ways of its implementation, and regulates social relations arising during preparation and implementation of public-private partnership projects, execution, performance and termination of public-private partnership agreements.
With the approval of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) of the People’s Republic of China, the 10th China Overseas Investment Fair (COIFAIR) was held at the China National Convention Center, PRC on 15-16 September 2018.
On 12 September 2018 Duane Morris & Selvam law venture held Ambassador Series dedicated to Kazakhstan event in Singapore.
As football developes and becomes more popular in Kazakhstan, the legal relationships and arrangements of the parties involved increasingly require compliance with legal formalities. A professional club, sportsman, coach and federations are guided by regulations approved by the international sports organisations and/or concluded contracts.
Although the Kazakhstan securities market is the most developed in Central Asia, its development has been slow compared to the country’s banking sector.
On 5-7 September 2018, a IBA Europe-Caucasus-Asia Forum 2018 was held in Almaty.
Despite the fact that Mongolian legislation provides for a wide range of legal forms of commercial entities (limited liability company or LLC, joint-stock company or JSC and joint venture), in practice, private businessmen and foreign investors mostly prefer LLC or JSC. Representative office of foreign legal entities is also common
Land relations can be a crucial issue for foreign investors considering whether or not to start a business in a particular country. Let us provide you with a summary of land legislation of Belarus and the opportunities it offers for business.
Dmitry Samigullin spoke on Business setup in Russia in Zurich.
On 29 August 2018, the Administration of Almaty (Almaty Mayor’s Office) has officially announced the public tender for participation in PPP project for development of design specification, construction, commissioning, financing, operation and technical maintenance of Almaty Light-Rail Transportation System (the “Project”).
The Law on Amendments Intended to Improve Business Conditions (the “Business Improvement Law”) came into effect on 12 March 2017, except certain provisions.
The purpose of the Business Improvement Law is to further improve the investment climate in line with the general policy of the country to support local entrepreneurs and foreign investors.
News 1 - 20 of 660
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last