According to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Subsoil and Subsoil use dated 24 June 2010 (hereinafter – the “Subsoil Law”), to perform subsoil use operations, a subsoil use contract is required (for exploration, production, combined exploration, and production). The draft subsoil use contract shall be developed by the winner of a tender and shall be agreed upon by the competent authority. In connection with this, when supporting projects on acquiring a subsoil use right and conclusion of contracts, our lawyers pay special attention to the terms and conditions of the concluded contract.
Because of the fact that conditions specified in the tender bid for granting of subsoil use rights is to be included in the contract will affect which participant will be considered the winner , legal assistance may often be required even at the stage of preparation and submission of the tender bid.
Since the draft subsoil use contract shall be subject to the obligatory state examination (legal, economic, environmental), the development of the conditions of the draft subsoil use contract should engage not only those lawyers who specialize in mining but also those who practice in the areas of taxation, environment, etc. Our lawyers have extensive experience in drafting subsoil use contracts, and the availability of the branch of our firm in Astana allows us to be regularly informed on the status of subsoil use contracts submitted to the competent authority. Moreover, it allows us to be aware of the contract status at the stage of examination by other state authorities and therefore provide a flexible response in case of the need to complete the draft contract in order to address comments of the respective state authorities.
Changes in the legislation, extension of the contract term, and re-registration of a geological allotment are, as a rule, the grounds for modification of the contract. Amendments to the contract are acceptable upon agreement of the parties. Since an amendment to the contract is an integral part thereof and contains provisions replacing or supplementing any of its terms and conditions, drafting an amendment should be as thorough as drafting of the contract. Our team will assist you in amending the contract and in the settlement of all legal disagreements.
Within support of conclusion of the subsoil use contract, as well as within the procedure for contract modification, our experts offer:
- preparation of the tender bid;
- representation of the Client’s interests when submitting and registering the tender bid, in course of negotiations with the state authorities that are a part of the working group on consideration of the draft contract, in course of approval and examination of the draft contract, as well as when signing and registering the contract;
- drafting the contract and amending final version thereof if required;
- drafting additional agreements to the contract;
- negotiating with the working group and state authorities in course of obtaining necessary approvals and expert evaluations;
- development of final version of the draft additional agreement to the contract, signing and registration thereof.
- advising a large Russian company on the acquisition of large coal assets and subsoil use right in Kazakhstan (conducting a complex legal analysis (due diligence), transaction structuring, drafting sale-and-purchase agreement, obtaining permit from the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right);
- advising a large international company on the proposed acquisition of an oil company owning assets in Kazakhstan, including due diligence;
- advising a large Korean mining company on the proposed acquisition of several Kazakhstani mining companies, including legal audit, development of agreements, drafting memorandums and official legal opinions;
- advising a top-tier Kazakhstani holding on development of subsoil use contracts regarding coal deposits, approval of the contract with state working groups, registration, completion and approval of amendments to the subsoil use contract;
- advising one of the foreign participants in the Production Sharing Agreement on changes in work program and procedure of procurement of goods, works and services under the subsoil use contract;
- advising a large group of Russian companies in connection with obtaining approvals under Kazakhstani subsoil legislation within the frameworks of selling a Kazakhstani gold-mining company;
- advising a Russian law firm on the necessity to obtain the consent of the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right in connection with the issue of Eurobonds by the parent company owning oil assets in Kazakhstan.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
Требования Общего регламента по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation) (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR»), вступившего в силу с 25 мая 2018 г., применяются согласно его статье 3 (2) в том числе к контроллерам и операторам персональных данных, не учрежденным в ЕС, если они обрабатывают персональные данные субъектов персональных данных (физических лиц) находящихся в ЕС
We are proud to announce that Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of GRATA International’s Real Estate, Construction & Insfrastructure, Telecommunications & Transport departments, has been named among the best real estate lawyers in the world and featured in WWL 2018: Real Estate for the second consecutive year.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Общий регламент по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation), принятый Европейским парламентом 17 декабря 2015 г. (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR») вступил в силу с 25 мая 2018 г.
11 декабря 2018 г. пройдет Саммит Лидеров Рынка Инфраструктурных Проектов в г. Москва, Россия.
On 23 November 2018, Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner of the GRATA International law firm, spoke at the CLF 2018 Forum on Construction Regulation.
On 8-9 November 2018, the XIII Kazakhstan Forum of Corporate Lawyers was held in Almaty.
On November 9, the Parliament passed a package of changes introducing simplifications in tax and business law aimed for entrepreneurs.
On November 14, President Andrzej Duda endorsed an act introducing 9% rate of corporate income tax (CIT) for small businesses as well as certain changes regarding tax deductible costs in case of acquisition and exploitation of passenger cars by companies.
On November 25 the provisions will come into force that will allow businesses to continue operations despite the death of the enterprise’s owner.
8-9 ноября 2018 г. состоялся XIII Казахстанский форум корпоративных юристов в г. Алматы.
В очередной раз GRATA International получила высокую оценку от Asialaw profiles, одного из ведущих справочников по лучшим юридическим фирмам в Азиатско-Тихоокеанском регионе.
For another consecutive year GRATA International received high appraisals from Asialaw profiles, one of
the leading legal guides to top law firms and practitioners in Asia-Pacific.
The importance of the so-called natural monopolies in Kazakhstan can be seen in the fact that some of Kazakhstan’s largest and most powerful corporate empires, such as the KEGOC (national transmission grid operator) and KTZ (national railway company), are officially subject to natural monopoly regulation.
22 октября 2018 г. Президент Российской Федерации подписал Указ № 592 "О применении специальных экономических мер в связи с недружественными действиями Украины в отношении граждан и юридических лиц Российской Федерации", согласно которому федеральным органам государственной власти, органам государственной власти субъектов Российской Федерации, иным государственным органам, органам местного самоуправления, организациям и физическим лицам, находящимся под юрисдикцией России, необходимо в своей деятельности исходить из того, что со дня вступления данного Указа в отношении отдельных физических и юридических лиц, определенных Правительством РФ, применяются специальные экономические меры.
On 22 October 2018, the President of the Russian Federation signed Decree No. 592 "On the application of special economic measures in connection with the unfriendly actions of Ukraine in relation to citizens and legal entities of the Russian Federation", according to which the federal government bodies, local authorities, organizations and individuals under the jurisdiction of Russia need in their activities to proceed from the fact that from the date of entry into force of this Decree special economic measures are applied in respect of certain individuals and entities identified by the Government of the Russian Federation.
IFLR1000 has released its 2019 rankings identifying leading firms and lawyers worldwide.
GRATA International has been ranked in 7 jurisdictions in Europe and Asia: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. IFLR1000 paid special attention to GRATA’s wide geographical coverage in Central Asia and Eastern Europe.
Dmitri Papadopoulos, Executive Director of GRATA International Association - a Swiss Verein, was on an official visit to Almaty on 5 November 2018.
We are happy to announce that we have now become GRATA International Association - a Swiss Verein registered in Switzerland.
After successfully passing the exam and obtaining an advocate license, Shaimerden Chikanayev joined the Almaty City Bar and received the status of an advocate, granting him the right to protect the interests of his clients now not only in civil but also in criminal and administrative matters.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner of GRATA International, gave a presentation at the trading session organised by the Malaysian Embassy in Kazakhstan for Malaysian companies interested in entering the Kazakhstani market.
The Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) was launched on the 5 July 2018. It is a financial hub located in Astana, Kazakhstan. The aims of AIFC are to attract investment and bring in clients from Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
On 5 October 2018 Joint AmCham/BCC Career Fair was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
News 1 - 23 of 683
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last