According to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Subsoil and Subsoil use dated 24 June 2010 (hereinafter – the “Subsoil Law”), to perform subsoil use operations, a subsoil use contract is required (for exploration, production, combined exploration, and production). The draft subsoil use contract shall be developed by the winner of a tender and shall be agreed upon by the competent authority. In connection with this, when supporting projects on acquiring a subsoil use right and conclusion of contracts, our lawyers pay special attention to the terms and conditions of the concluded contract.
Because of the fact that conditions specified in the tender bid for granting of subsoil use rights is to be included in the contract will affect which participant will be considered the winner , legal assistance may often be required even at the stage of preparation and submission of the tender bid.
Since the draft subsoil use contract shall be subject to the obligatory state examination (legal, economic, environmental), the development of the conditions of the draft subsoil use contract should engage not only those lawyers who specialize in mining but also those who practice in the areas of taxation, environment, etc. Our lawyers have extensive experience in drafting subsoil use contracts, and the availability of the branch of our firm in Astana allows us to be regularly informed on the status of subsoil use contracts submitted to the competent authority. Moreover, it allows us to be aware of the contract status at the stage of examination by other state authorities and therefore provide a flexible response in case of the need to complete the draft contract in order to address comments of the respective state authorities.
Changes in the legislation, extension of the contract term, and re-registration of a geological allotment are, as a rule, the grounds for modification of the contract. Amendments to the contract are acceptable upon agreement of the parties. Since an amendment to the contract is an integral part thereof and contains provisions replacing or supplementing any of its terms and conditions, drafting an amendment should be as thorough as drafting of the contract. Our team will assist you in amending the contract and in the settlement of all legal disagreements.
Within support of conclusion of the subsoil use contract, as well as within the procedure for contract modification, our experts offer:
- preparation of the tender bid;
- representation of the Client’s interests when submitting and registering the tender bid, in course of negotiations with the state authorities that are a part of the working group on consideration of the draft contract, in course of approval and examination of the draft contract, as well as when signing and registering the contract;
- drafting the contract and amending final version thereof if required;
- drafting additional agreements to the contract;
- negotiating with the working group and state authorities in course of obtaining necessary approvals and expert evaluations;
- development of final version of the draft additional agreement to the contract, signing and registration thereof.
- advising a large Russian company on the acquisition of large coal assets and subsoil use right in Kazakhstan (conducting a complex legal analysis (due diligence), transaction structuring, drafting sale-and-purchase agreement, obtaining permit from the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right);
- advising a large international company on the proposed acquisition of an oil company owning assets in Kazakhstan, including due diligence;
- advising a large Korean mining company on the proposed acquisition of several Kazakhstani mining companies, including legal audit, development of agreements, drafting memorandums and official legal opinions;
- advising a top-tier Kazakhstani holding on development of subsoil use contracts regarding coal deposits, approval of the contract with state working groups, registration, completion and approval of amendments to the subsoil use contract;
- advising one of the foreign participants in the Production Sharing Agreement on changes in work program and procedure of procurement of goods, works and services under the subsoil use contract;
- advising a large group of Russian companies in connection with obtaining approvals under Kazakhstani subsoil legislation within the frameworks of selling a Kazakhstani gold-mining company;
- advising a Russian law firm on the necessity to obtain the consent of the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right in connection with the issue of Eurobonds by the parent company owning oil assets in Kazakhstan.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
It has shown a particular interest in the Law of 28 December 2017 No. 128-VI on Introducing Amendments and Additions to some Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Information and Communication ('the Law'), which, among other amendments, requires website operators to collect identification data of website users who post comments on such websites.
GRATA International commented on the following questions:
1- What is the background to the Law, and the Kazakh government's reason for introducing it?
2- Which types of companies will be affected by the provisions with regard to i) identifying website users ii) retaining user data? How is this likely to affect the operation of websites, and their users?
On 29 December 2017 the Republic of Kazakhstan has ratified the Convention on avoidance of double taxation with Ireland and the Protocol thereto (hereinafter – the ‘Convention’).
Команда юристов GRATA International в России подготовила обзор наиболее важных изменений в законодательстве Российской Федерации, вступающих в силу в 2018 году.
Belarus adopted the revolutionary legal framework for IT companies and blockchain enthusiasts. The President’s Decree on Digital Economy comes into force on March 28, 2018.
On December 23, 2017 Managing Partner of GRATA International’s Uzbekistan office Bakhodir Jabborov made a presentation at the Shanghai Bar Association
GRATA International contributed to LexisNexis Mergers & Acquisitions Law Guide 2018. Special Focus - One Belt One Road China Investment.
On November 23 the President of the Republic of Belarus has signed Decree No. 7 “On the Development of Entrepreneurship”. The document significantly simplifies business activities in Belarus. Below you can find main innovations for business introduced by the document.
On 15 December 2017, AmCham HR Committee's December Meeting took place in the office of Nobel Oil in Baku.
On 15 December 2017, the Caspian European Club and Caspian Energy Georgia with the support of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Georgia held the Azerbaijani-Georgian business forum and the third CEO of Lunch Tbilisi.
On 5 December 2017, the 23rd Azerbaijan International Telecommunications and Information Technologies Exhibition and Conference took Place in Baku Expo Centre. The exhibition marked the beginning of High Technologies Week. The organiser of the exhibition was the Caspian Event Organisers.
On 7-9 December 2017, Bolormaa Volodya, Partner, and Altanzaya Gunsen, Taxation Counsel of Absolute Advocates LLP, GRATA International's associate office in Mongolia, have attended International Taxation Conference 2017 in Mumbai, India.
GRATA International performed exceptionally well in this year’s rankings as its Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan offices were ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018, confirming GRATA International's dominant position in Central Asia.
During the Month of November 2017 GRATA International (Russian Federation) generated the most usage from Mondaq users for the category of commercial law.
On 30 November 2017 in Bishkek GRATA International organised a practical seminar: Roadmap to Profitable Small Hydro Power Plant Development, together with international engineering firm ILF Consulting Engineers.
On 28 November 2017 in Almaty GRATA International organised a practical seminar: Roadmap to Profitable Small Hydro Power Plant Development, together with international engineering firm ILF Consulting Engineers.
On 7 December 2017, the results of the national law firms rating – ‘Право.ru-300’ were announced.
On 6 December 2017 the drinks reception was held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
On 5 December 2017 the International Conference "PPP Projects in International Context" was held in Frankfurt-on-Main, Germany.
Yerzhan spoke on key questions of PPP projects implementation in Kazakhstan, particular issues of national legislation, basis PPP models in Kazakhstan, issues relating to regulation of PPP projects and key trends of development of PPP in the near future.
On November 28th, 2017 Nurlan Kyshtobaev, partner of GRATA International Bishkek office conducted a guest lecture on “concession agreements” and “how law firms operate”. The lecture was read to the students of International Business Law department of the American University of Central Asia (AUCA) within the course “Investment Law and Sustainable Development”. Earlier this year, GRATA International in Bishkek signed a MoU with AUCA on cooperation.
4th Downstream Caspian & Central Asia conference was held in Baku, Azerbaijan on November 28.
On 22 November 2017 Dubai Chamber Annual Networking Reception took place in Azerbaijan, Baku with the aim of highlighting achievements, discussing plans, and reward most active companies.
On November 16, 2017, American Chamber of Commerce in Azerbaijan (AmCham Azerbaijan) organized its monthly members’ luncheon.
AmCham Legal and Compliance Working Group hosted its regular meeting on November 1, 2017.
The opening ceremony of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway (BTK) was held on October 30, 2017 in Baku.
News 1 - 24 of 544
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last