According to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Subsoil and Subsoil use dated 24 June 2010 (hereinafter – the “Subsoil Law”), to perform subsoil use operations, a subsoil use contract is required (for exploration, production, combined exploration, and production). The draft subsoil use contract shall be developed by the winner of a tender and shall be agreed upon by the competent authority. In connection with this, when supporting projects on acquiring a subsoil use right and conclusion of contracts, our lawyers pay special attention to the terms and conditions of the concluded contract.
Because of the fact that conditions specified in the tender bid for granting of subsoil use rights is to be included in the contract will affect which participant will be considered the winner , legal assistance may often be required even at the stage of preparation and submission of the tender bid.
Since the draft subsoil use contract shall be subject to the obligatory state examination (legal, economic, environmental), the development of the conditions of the draft subsoil use contract should engage not only those lawyers who specialize in mining but also those who practice in the areas of taxation, environment, etc. Our lawyers have extensive experience in drafting subsoil use contracts, and the availability of the branch of our firm in Astana allows us to be regularly informed on the status of subsoil use contracts submitted to the competent authority. Moreover, it allows us to be aware of the contract status at the stage of examination by other state authorities and therefore provide a flexible response in case of the need to complete the draft contract in order to address comments of the respective state authorities.
Changes in the legislation, extension of the contract term, and re-registration of a geological allotment are, as a rule, the grounds for modification of the contract. Amendments to the contract are acceptable upon agreement of the parties. Since an amendment to the contract is an integral part thereof and contains provisions replacing or supplementing any of its terms and conditions, drafting an amendment should be as thorough as drafting of the contract. Our team will assist you in amending the contract and in the settlement of all legal disagreements.
Within support of conclusion of the subsoil use contract, as well as within the procedure for contract modification, our experts offer:
- preparation of the tender bid;
- representation of the Client’s interests when submitting and registering the tender bid, in course of negotiations with the state authorities that are a part of the working group on consideration of the draft contract, in course of approval and examination of the draft contract, as well as when signing and registering the contract;
- drafting the contract and amending final version thereof if required;
- drafting additional agreements to the contract;
- negotiating with the working group and state authorities in course of obtaining necessary approvals and expert evaluations;
- development of final version of the draft additional agreement to the contract, signing and registration thereof.
- advising a large Russian company on the acquisition of large coal assets and subsoil use right in Kazakhstan (conducting a complex legal analysis (due diligence), transaction structuring, drafting sale-and-purchase agreement, obtaining permit from the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right);
- advising a large international company on the proposed acquisition of an oil company owning assets in Kazakhstan, including due diligence;
- advising a large Korean mining company on the proposed acquisition of several Kazakhstani mining companies, including legal audit, development of agreements, drafting memorandums and official legal opinions;
- advising a top-tier Kazakhstani holding on development of subsoil use contracts regarding coal deposits, approval of the contract with state working groups, registration, completion and approval of amendments to the subsoil use contract;
- advising one of the foreign participants in the Production Sharing Agreement on changes in work program and procedure of procurement of goods, works and services under the subsoil use contract;
- advising a large group of Russian companies in connection with obtaining approvals under Kazakhstani subsoil legislation within the frameworks of selling a Kazakhstani gold-mining company;
- advising a Russian law firm on the necessity to obtain the consent of the competent authority and the state waiver of its pre-emptive right in connection with the issue of Eurobonds by the parent company owning oil assets in Kazakhstan.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last
Общий регламент по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation), принятый Европейским парламентом 17 декабря 2015 г. (далее - «Регламент»), вступает в силу 25 мая 2018 г. и заменит Директиву ЕС по защите данных 95/46/EC.
The Federal Law No. 242-FZ dated 29 July 2017 amended certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation on the use of information technologies in the area of health care providing, in particular, for features of medial aid using telehealthcare technologies, e-document flow in the medial aid provision and the establishment of the Unified State Information System in the healthcare sector.
This year, the Chambers&Partners held their Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 ceremony on Friday, 24th March 2017 at The Fullerton Hotel, Singapore.
GRATA International's representative in the USA, Zulfiya Akchurina participated in the event
Lawyers of GRATA International attended several business events in February
Среди прочих нормативных актов, направленных на реализацию Соглашения о единых принципах и правилах обращения лекарственных средств в рамках Евразийского экономического союза от 23 декабря 2014 г., 3 ноября 2016 г. Совет Евразийской экономической комиссии принял:
27 октября 2016 года Гонконгская Ассоциация Корпоративных Юристов проведет мероприятие, организуемое компанией "Berwin Leighton Paisner", под названием: "Один пояс - один путь" Россия - Центральная Азия - возможности и угрозы современного Шелкового пути.
On 26 August 2016, GRATA International team took part in a working experience exchange meeting of the National Business Council of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
26 августа 2016 года делегация Юридической фирмы GRATA International приняла участие в рабочем заседании по обмену опытом Национальной части Делового Совета Шанхайской Организации Сотрудничества.
29 июля 2016 г. вступили в силу Приказы Министерства промышленности и торговли Российской Федерации (Минпромторг России) от 31 декабря 2015 г., утвердившие:
25 мая 2016 года в Казахском национальном университете искусств "Шабыт" г. Астана по случаю официального открытия Торгово-Промышленной Палаты Франция-
This year, the Chambers&Partners held their Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2016 ceremony in Singapore on Friday, April 8th 2016.
Публикация от наших партнеров DISCERNT research agency
25 декабря 2015 года в г.Алматы состоится бесплатный семинар для клиентов GRATA International на тему: "Изменения в налоговом законодательстве РК - 2016"
The 70th Session of the UN General Assembly is being held at UN Headquarters in New York from September 15 to October 2, 2015
Doing Business 2013 is the 10th in a series of annual reports investigating the regulations that enhance business activity and those that constrain it.
On 4-5 October 2012, the 20th Anniversary Kazakhstani International Oil and Gas Conference KIOGE 2012 is held in Almaty. InterContinental Hotel.
Our newsletter is designed to highlight certain legal developments, to inform about important news, and also upcoming events of GRATA International Law firm. Newsletters are publishing every month.
Данный информационный бюллетень предназначен для освещения определенных изменений в законодательстве и важных новостей, а также информация о предстоящих событиях Юридической фирмы «GRATA International». Информационные бюллетени выпускается ежемесячно.
They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression. When it comes to interviews, this could not be truer.
Confidentiality is one of the main advantages of arbitration recognized in Kazakhstan and other jurisdictions.
This information was prepared on the basis of official publications of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Both contractual and tortious claims made against a company do not affect company members when a limitation is placed on their liability for the debts of their company.
С ДНЕМ НЕЗАВИСИМОСТИ РЕСПУБЛИКИ КАЗАХСТАН! Юридическая фирма «GRATA» от всей души поздравляет Вас с Днем Независимости!
КАМОЛИДДИН МУХАМЕДОВ НАЗНАЧЕН СТАРШИМ ЮРИСТОМ ЮРИДИЧЕСКОЙ ФИРМЫ «GRATA» Юридическая фирма «GRATA» рада объявить о назначении Камолиддина Мухамедова в качестве Старшего Юриста в офисе фирмы в городе Душанбе (Таджикистан).
News 1 - 26 of 66
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last