For over 25 years, GRATA International has represented international and local construction companies in courts and arbitrations of Kazakhstan and other CIS countries and contributed to the effective settlement of most complex commercial disputes in the area of construction.
With GRATA, you will have the support of one the largest and most experienced teams in construction disputes resolution. We represent construction and infrastructure companies, developers, banks and other financial institutions, equipment suppliers, and service and management companies in all types of commercial litigations at any stage of a construction project.
Our key advantage is in-depth knowledge of the industry, which allows us not to waste time learning business specifics in the area of construction but to offer practical solutions proven by many successful proceedings of a similar kind. Therefore, we not only contribute to the settlement of disputes in the clients’ favour but also assist our clients in managing their expenditures and obtaining quality services at a reasonable price.
Our high-level performance and acknowledgement by clients is supported by high ratings issued by international resources such as the Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, Who's Who Legal, and many others. Our dispute resolution practice recognised as top ranked in Kazakhstan in 2014 by Chambers Global. GRATA was recognized as the Construction Law Firm of the Year in Kazakhstan in 2011, the Energy Law Firm of the Year in Kazakhstan in 2013 by Acquisition International M&A Awards, and as the Highly Recommended Law Firm by AsiaLaw Profiles in 2014 in the area of Construction and Real Estate and Energy and Natural Resources.
Our team of dispute resolution experts offers to our clients services in the following areas:
- Pre-trial dispute settlement;
- Representation in courts (civil and administrative litigation, proceedings involving state authorities);
- Representation in international and domestic arbitrations;
- Legal support in enforcement proceedings;
- Enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards;
- Seeking interim relief to secure the claim within foreign arbitrations;
- Legal due diligence of construction projects, including internal investigations;
- Legal advising on structuring of transactions and investments from a dispute resolution perspective (choice of law, jurisdiction, investment protection under the international law);
- Legal support in the course of audits by state authorities.
Brochure: Construction Disputes in Kazakhstan
OUR RECENT EXPERIENCE
- Representing OGCC KazStroyService JSC, the Kazakhstani largest infrastructure construction company, in several connected proceedings with a subcontractor in relation to the subcontractor’s claim for the reimbursement for additional works for over 5 bln tenge, counterclaims from the general contractor for the refund of advance payment and levy of execution upon the bank guarantee for advance payment refund, and rehabilitation issues, as well as appeal against interim relief and actions of bailiffs;
- Representing ENKA Insaat ve Sanayi A.S, one of the world’s largest construction companies, in a dispute with a Kazakhstani customer in relation to construction of the largest office, commercial, and residential facility in Almaty, Kazakhstan. This project included several simultaneous proceedings in various instances on reconsideration of judicial acts upon discovery of new facts, invalidation of work acceptance acts, and recovery of debt, etc.;
- Representing OGCC KazStroyService JSC, the Kazakhstani largest infrastructure construction company, in several related proceedings with the general contractor for recovery of reimbursement for additional works for over 600 mln tenge, and in judicial proceedings on counterclaims brought by the general contractor for the recovery of debt;
- Representing the genral designer in the proceedings with a customer in relation to the project design development for several large railroad facilities. The project included several simultaneous proceedings in various instances on reconsideration of judicial acts upon discovery of new facts, validation of work acceptance acts, and recovery of debt, etc.;
- Representing the general contractor in the proceedings with a customer on recovery of the debt of over 1 bln tenge and seeking respective work cost increase in connection with the devaluation of the national currency – tenge;
- Representing and advising the largest supplier of telecommunications equipment in pre-trial negotiations with a customer in relation to the increased cost of construction of a cellular telecommunications network triggered by the devaluation of the national currency – tenge;
- Representing a large infrastructure construction company in the proceeding with a customer in relation to the recovery of reimbursement for additional works for over 5 bln tenge, caused in connection with the construction of Kazakhstan’s largest industrial oil and gas facility;
- Advising a large infrastructure construction company in the proceedings with a customer in relation to the recovery of reimbursement for additional works taken place in the course of the construction of Kazakhstan’s largest petrochemical facility;
- Representing one of the largest European project designers in the dispute with a Kazakhstani customer on the recovery of design work cost in connection with the construction of a trade center in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
In 2019 Russia is ranked according to the World Bank 31st out of 190 economies in terms of ease of doing business in general, 32d for starting a business, 12th for registering property and 18th for enforcing contracts.
В 2019 году Россия занимает 31-е место среди 190 стран в рейтинге Всемирного Банка по условиям ведения бизнеса, 32-е место по процедурам, связанным с началом ведения предпринимательской деятельности, 12-е по процедуре регистрации права собственности и 18-е по приведению в исполнение контрактов.
For yet another consecutive year, GRATA International enters the leading legal rankings and continues to be among the most outstanding law firms in Central Asia and the Caspian region.
The Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) approved on 29 January 2019 the Recommendations on the Guidelines for the Selection of Trade Names of Medicinal Products and the Guidelines for Manufacturing of Finished Dosage Forms of Medicinal Products in order to eliminate differences in the requirements for the manufacturing of finished dosage forms of medicines in Eurasian Member States Economic Union (EAEU).
Коллегия Евразийской экономической комиссии утвердила 29 января 2019 г. Рекомендации о Руководстве по выбору торговых наименований лекарственных препаратов и о Руководстве по производству готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в целях устранения различий в требованиях, предъявляемых к процессам производства готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в государствах - членах Евразийского экономического союза (ЕАЭС).
On 2 July 2018, the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 166-VI "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Insurance and Insurance Activities, Securities Market" was adopted. Among other things, this legislative act has amended the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 13 May 2003 No. 415-II "On Joint Stock Companies" (the "JSC Law").
We are glad to announce that one of GRATA International’s successful projects has been selected as of the winners of China Business Law Journal: Deals of the Year 2018.
Though Kazakhstan adopted relevant legislation for domestic (such as the governed Kazakh law) Islamic banking transactions more than seven years ago and has a Muslim population of over 11 million, Islamic finance is still in the early stages of its development and Islamic products are rarely used. According to the National Bank of Kazakhstan (NBK), as of 2018, the share of Islamic banking assets account for only 0.16% of total banking sector assets in Kazakhstan.
GRATA International is pleased to announce that on January 18-24, 2019, Mr. Andrew Gamble and Mr. Dimitri Papadopoulos visited Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The following is an outline of some of the major legal developments in Kazakhstan last year, and a selection of key changes that we anticipate for business, including Islamic finance, for this year.
Zulfiya Akchurina (representative of GRATA International in USA) and Mikhail Abdulov (lawyer) contributed to the report Doing Business 2019: Training for Reform.
We are glad to announce that GRATA International has been shortlisted for Law firm of the year: Russia, Ukraine and the CIS.
On the 29th November 2018, Almaty, the former capital and the largest city in Kazakhstan, received responses from nine international consortia, consisting of companies from Japan, France, Russia, Turkey, Spain, China and Kazakhstan, to participate in the first stage of the open tender of the Almaty Light Rail Transit (LRT) public-private partnership (PPP) project.
Постановлением Правительства Российской Федерации от 29 декабря 2018 г. № 1716-83 введен запрет на ввоз в Россию товаров, страной происхождения либо страной отправления которых является Украина или которые перемещаются через территорию Украины.
A ban on the import into Russia of certain commodities, the country of origin of which is Ukraine or which move through the territory of Ukraine was introduced by the Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 29 December 2018 No. 1716-83.
Let us introduce you this 'Doing Business in Kazakhstan' publication prepared by GRATA International law firm. The information in the brochure is based on theoretical and practical information available as of June 2018. The content of this brochure is intended for foreign businessmen and companies seeking to do business in Kazakhstan.
26 ноября 2018 года управление Роскомнадзора по Центральному федеральному округу возбудило административное дело в отношении компании Google, LLC в связи с неисполнением компанией обязанности подключиться к федеральной государственной информационной системе, содержащей перечень информационных ресурсов, информационно-телекоммуникационных сетей, доступ к которым ограничен на территории России (ФГИС).
On 26 November 2018, the Office of the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor) in the Central Federal District initiated an administrative case against Google, LLC due to the company's failure to fulfill its obligations to connect to the federal state information system containing a list of information resources, information and telecommunication networks, access to which is restricted in Russia (FGIS ).
On 7 December 2018 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner of GRATA International law firm, gave guest lecture at Suleyman Demirel University in Almaty.
The EBRD supports the development and strengthening of local capital markets within the framework of the current reform program of Uzbekistan to ensure openness of the economy.
Требования Общего регламента по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation) (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR»), вступившего в силу с 25 мая 2018 г., применяются согласно его статье 3 (2) в том числе к контроллерам и операторам персональных данных, не учрежденным в ЕС, если они обрабатывают персональные данные субъектов персональных данных (физических лиц) находящихся в ЕС
We are proud to announce that Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of GRATA International’s Real Estate, Construction & Insfrastructure, Telecommunications & Transport departments, has been named among the best real estate lawyers in the world and featured in WWL 2018: Real Estate for the second consecutive year.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
News 1 - 23 of 703
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last