For over 25 years, GRATA International has represented international and local construction companies in courts and arbitrations of Kazakhstan and other CIS countries and contributed to the effective settlement of most complex commercial disputes in the area of construction.
With GRATA, you will have the support of one the largest and most experienced teams in construction disputes resolution. We represent construction and infrastructure companies, developers, banks and other financial institutions, equipment suppliers, and service and management companies in all types of commercial litigations at any stage of a construction project.
Our key advantage is in-depth knowledge of the industry, which allows us not to waste time learning business specifics in the area of construction but to offer practical solutions proven by many successful proceedings of a similar kind. Therefore, we not only contribute to the settlement of disputes in the clients’ favour but also assist our clients in managing their expenditures and obtaining quality services at a reasonable price.
Our high-level performance and acknowledgement by clients is supported by high ratings issued by international resources such as the Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, Who's Who Legal, and many others. Our dispute resolution practice recognised as top ranked in Kazakhstan in 2014 by Chambers Global. GRATA was recognized as the Construction Law Firm of the Year in Kazakhstan in 2011, the Energy Law Firm of the Year in Kazakhstan in 2013 by Acquisition International M&A Awards, and as the Highly Recommended Law Firm by AsiaLaw Profiles in 2014 in the area of Construction and Real Estate and Energy and Natural Resources.
Our team of dispute resolution experts offers to our clients services in the following areas:
- Pre-trial dispute settlement;
- Representation in courts (civil and administrative litigation, proceedings involving state authorities);
- Representation in international and domestic arbitrations;
- Legal support in enforcement proceedings;
- Enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards;
- Seeking interim relief to secure the claim within foreign arbitrations;
- Legal due diligence of construction projects, including internal investigations;
- Legal advising on structuring of transactions and investments from a dispute resolution perspective (choice of law, jurisdiction, investment protection under the international law);
- Legal support in the course of audits by state authorities.
Brochure: Construction Disputes in Kazakhstan
OUR RECENT EXPERIENCE
- Representing OGCC KazStroyService JSC, the Kazakhstani largest infrastructure construction company, in several connected proceedings with a subcontractor in relation to the subcontractor’s claim for the reimbursement for additional works for over 5 bln tenge, counterclaims from the general contractor for the refund of advance payment and levy of execution upon the bank guarantee for advance payment refund, and rehabilitation issues, as well as appeal against interim relief and actions of bailiffs;
- Representing ENKA Insaat ve Sanayi A.S, one of the world’s largest construction companies, in a dispute with a Kazakhstani customer in relation to construction of the largest office, commercial, and residential facility in Almaty, Kazakhstan. This project included several simultaneous proceedings in various instances on reconsideration of judicial acts upon discovery of new facts, invalidation of work acceptance acts, and recovery of debt, etc.;
- Representing OGCC KazStroyService JSC, the Kazakhstani largest infrastructure construction company, in several related proceedings with the general contractor for recovery of reimbursement for additional works for over 600 mln tenge, and in judicial proceedings on counterclaims brought by the general contractor for the recovery of debt;
- Representing the genral designer in the proceedings with a customer in relation to the project design development for several large railroad facilities. The project included several simultaneous proceedings in various instances on reconsideration of judicial acts upon discovery of new facts, validation of work acceptance acts, and recovery of debt, etc.;
- Representing the general contractor in the proceedings with a customer on recovery of the debt of over 1 bln tenge and seeking respective work cost increase in connection with the devaluation of the national currency – tenge;
- Representing and advising the largest supplier of telecommunications equipment in pre-trial negotiations with a customer in relation to the increased cost of construction of a cellular telecommunications network triggered by the devaluation of the national currency – tenge;
- Representing a large infrastructure construction company in the proceeding with a customer in relation to the recovery of reimbursement for additional works for over 5 bln tenge, caused in connection with the construction of Kazakhstan’s largest industrial oil and gas facility;
- Advising a large infrastructure construction company in the proceedings with a customer in relation to the recovery of reimbursement for additional works taken place in the course of the construction of Kazakhstan’s largest petrochemical facility;
- Representing one of the largest European project designers in the dispute with a Kazakhstani customer on the recovery of design work cost in connection with the construction of a trade center in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
On 5 October 2018 Joint AmCham/BCC Career Fair was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The exclusive rights of the trademark holder will be granted or entitled when the trademark is officially registered with the General authority of Intellectual property and trademark certificate is issued.
Agriculture is one of the most attractive sectors of Kazakhstan’s economy. Kazakhstan has approximately 24 million hectares of arable land and 188 million hectares of pasture.
On 11-14 October 2018 Elite Global Legal Alliance (EGLA) held its Fourteenth General Meeting & Investment and Financing Innovation Law & Commerce Forum.
On 28 September 2018 An Export Acceleration Mission for Oil, Gas and Energy in Almaty, Kazakhstan was held.
Ibragim Kouky, the Senior Associate at Contract and Real Estate Department participated in the joint FIDIC/ICC Conference (International Federation of Consulting Engineers and International Chamber of Commerce).
In 2017 the International Federation of Consulting Engineers has introduced major amendments to FIDIC 1999 Yellow, Red and Silver Books which have been in use in the construction industry for almost twenty years.
On 20 September 2018, CCI France-Kazakhstan (CCIFK) held a monthly meeting.
Amendments concern business operations relating to performance of works, rendering services and lease relations.
While rendering services, which results the customer can use during the term of the agreement, the date of completing this business operation shall be:
last calendar day of each month of provision of services and the last day of provision of services – if the term of the agreement exceeds one month;
last calendar day of the month, when provision of services is started, and (or) the day of completing of provision of services – if the term of the agreement does not exceed one month.
This Law determines legal conditions of concession, types of state support of concessionaire and regulates social relations arising during conclusion, execution and termination of concession agreements.
This Law determines legal conditions of public-private partnership, ways of its implementation, and regulates social relations arising during preparation and implementation of public-private partnership projects, execution, performance and termination of public-private partnership agreements.
With the approval of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) of the People’s Republic of China, the 10th China Overseas Investment Fair (COIFAIR) was held at the China National Convention Center, PRC on 15-16 September 2018.
On 12 September 2018 Duane Morris & Selvam law venture held Ambassador Series dedicated to Kazakhstan event in Singapore.
As football developes and becomes more popular in Kazakhstan, the legal relationships and arrangements of the parties involved increasingly require compliance with legal formalities. A professional club, sportsman, coach and federations are guided by regulations approved by the international sports organisations and/or concluded contracts.
Although the Kazakhstan securities market is the most developed in Central Asia, its development has been slow compared to the country’s banking sector.
On 5-7 September 2018, a IBA Europe-Caucasus-Asia Forum 2018 was held in Almaty.
Despite the fact that Mongolian legislation provides for a wide range of legal forms of commercial entities (limited liability company or LLC, joint-stock company or JSC and joint venture), in practice, private businessmen and foreign investors mostly prefer LLC or JSC. Representative office of foreign legal entities is also common
Land relations can be a crucial issue for foreign investors considering whether or not to start a business in a particular country. Let us provide you with a summary of land legislation of Belarus and the opportunities it offers for business.
Dmitry Samigullin spoke on Business setup in Russia in Zurich.
On 29 August 2018, the Administration of Almaty (Almaty Mayor’s Office) has officially announced the public tender for participation in PPP project for development of design specification, construction, commissioning, financing, operation and technical maintenance of Almaty Light-Rail Transportation System (the “Project”).
The Law on Amendments Intended to Improve Business Conditions (the “Business Improvement Law”) came into effect on 12 March 2017, except certain provisions.
The purpose of the Business Improvement Law is to further improve the investment climate in line with the general policy of the country to support local entrepreneurs and foreign investors.
News 1 - 21 of 661
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last