Mergers and acquisitions are effective tools for managing the strategy of a company's growth and for solving a broad range of problems, including: geographically expanding a company's target market; widening the product range; and a company's vertical integration. The planning and implementation of such transactions rely on providing due diligence of the target company, and analysing the structure of the deal and its associated risks.
We will provide full legal support for deals on the merger and acquisition of companies. With extensive experience, we can provide a thorough and objective legal analysis of a company's activity, with focus placed on determining the legally relevant consequences and the risks of the deal. Our experts will prepare all the necessary documentation, including competently drafting a contract and protecting the interests of our client during negotiations. You can also trust us to observe the priority right of purchase, obtain all necessary approvals (from the company's management, the state authorities and creditors, if required by law) for the sale and/or purchase, and carry out the company's re-registration.
For the period of 2007 -2008 we have provided services to 38 clients for their 63 M&A related projects in Kazakhstan. In total we supported Kazakhstan’s M&A completed transactions for more that USD 80 mln. We continue legal advising to ongoing projects related to M&A in Kazakhstan for more than USD 236 mln.
GRATA has significant experience and expertise in acting on complex, high-value, cross-border work as well as a range of smaller transactions. We operate by bringing together international experience and local knowledge. Over the last few years, we have worked on the following projects:
- Assistance in making of Kazakh anti-trust filing for acquisition of one of largest generic drug company worldwide.
- Advising of major Indian bank Punjab National Bank on acquisition of control stake in Kazakh Dana Bank.
- Due diligence of leading international generic manufacturer.
- Advising a major sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of LSE listed shares of the large Kazakhstan oil & gas company.
- Advising a leading international bank on its proposed acquisition of commercial bank in Kazakhstan, including conducting of due diligence of the target.
- Advising a major financial bank on antitrust matters of acquisition of Russian investment company.
- Advising Chinese engineering corporation on potential acquisition of stake in Kazakh science institute, including conducting of full due diligence and advising on antimonopoly matters.
- Acting on the acquisition of 2 large Kazakhstan telecommunication companies by the Kazakh investment holding.
- Advising of an international FMCG producer on acquisition of minority stake in Kazakh beverage company.
- Conducting of due diligence of Kazakh large petrochemical company.
- Conducting of due diligence of West-Kazakhstan oil &gas company.
- Advising a large international oil company on its proposed acquisition of an oil company with substantial assets in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence for a large Asian company in relation to the purchase of the shares of an international energy corporation (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence on behalf of a potential buyer (large European bank) regarding the acquisition of a top twenty bank in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Conducting due diligence for the IPO of a major mining and minerals company in Kazakhstan (ongoing project).
- Advising a large Indian corporation on the proposed acquisition of a Kazakh oil company. The transaction included conducting of due diligence.
- Advising a leading Korean Kookmin bank on its acquisition of 30% share in Bank Center Credit for $634 millions, including conducting of detailed due diligence, revising and commenting on SPA and SHA agreements, and advising on the disclosure process and consulting on various other legal matters.
- Advising a large Asian telecoms company in relation to the purchase of shares of a large Kazakhstan national telecoms provider.
- Conducting due diligence on behalf of large Chinese telecom company regarding the acquisition of two telecoms providers in Kazakhstan.
- Acting on the US$100 million proposed acquisition of a Kazakh bank by a London-based Bank, including the conduction of due diligence.
- Preparing a due diligence report for the fixed assets of a company in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a large US oil company on its proposed acquisition of a Kazakh oil production firm.
- Advising a leading Hong Kong gold mining company on the acquisition of a local gold mining company.
- Obtaining permits from the Kazakhstan anti-trust authorities for various acquisitions.
- Advising a Kazakhstan oil company on its proposed acquisition by the Korean National Oil Corporation.
- Advising an international metals producer in relation to the proposed acquisition of a large oil company in Kazakhstan, including conducting due diligence.
- Conducting due diligence for the global oil services.
- Conducting due diligence for a large Russian law firm.
- Conducting due diligence for one of the leading export-import banks in China.
- Advising an international oil company on the proposed acquisition of a large Kazakhstan oil field.
- Conducting due diligence for and advising a major Italian bank.
- Acting for a leading international bank in relation to the proposed acquisition of shares in Kazakhstani bank.
- Advising of a UK mining company on its acquisition of a gold deposit in Kazakhstan; conducting due diligence and drafting SPA.
- Advising local oil company on its acquisition by a Canadian international oil company, including performing due diligence and drafting SPA.
- Advising a large international oil company on its proposed acquisition of an oil company with substantial assets in Kazakhstan; performing due diligence.
- Advising a Kazakhstani private mining company on the potential joint venture and further development alone with a large Korean company of a large copper and nickel deposit in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a large Korean mining corporation on its acquisition of several Kazakhstani mining companies, including conducting of due diligence, drafting of documentation, preparing of legal memorandums and formal legal opinions.
- Advising of Russian mining company on its acquisition of Kazakhstani coal company.
- Advising a large Asian mining company in relation to the acquisition of shares in a Kazakhstani mining company.
- Representing interests of Kazakhstan’s largest gold producer in selecting potential investors, raising investment capital and establishing joint venture.
- Advising one of the largest Kazakhstani mining companies on the rights of minority shareholders.
- Advising one of the largest mining and metals companies in Kazakhstan on a wide range of corporate and labour issues.
- Consulting and providing other legal services to a large international aluminium producing company.
- Advising a large international bank on the financing of a $300m aluminium reprocessing project.
- Conducting due diligence for a manufacturing company in Western Kazakhstan.
- Acting as a consultant to the Government Working Groups in negotiations leading to the conclusion of subsurface exploration and production contracts.
- Representing interests of Kazakhstan’s largest zinc producer to the Government bodies in the course of formulating, discussing and approving amendments to the laws, regulating mining activities.
- Providing legal services to a leading European bank on trade and customs regulations and on processing and exporting gold and precious metals.
- Consulting U.S. company on privatising a large Kazakh mining company.
- Providing full assistance in preparation of contract documentation for the trust management of the Government block of shares in a Kazakh mining company and consultancy with regard to its operations.
- Preparing memorandums and legal opinions on merger control notification requirements in Kazakhstan for a large Germany company.
- Advising underwriters of an IPO in Great Britain and Kazakhstan of the Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation for $2.6 billion.
- Advising a major Australian uranium mining company on its acquisition of a leading Kazakhstani nuclear company.
- Facilitating shares and shareholding interest sale and purchase transactions, including the sale and purchase of assets, property complex for one of the major European insurance companies.
- Assisting in transactions related to the reorganization of a large Oil and Gas Company in Western Kazakhstan.
- Providing legal consultations for over 10 years for a major international oil company under two productions sharing agreements.
- Drafting memorandums and legal opinions on issues of shares and shareholding interest sale and purchase.
|Tlek Baigabulov||Senior Partner, Advocate||Almaty||Inquire|
|Bolat Miyatov||Partner, Head of Corporate Law Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Bakhodir Jabborov||Managing Partner||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Assel Ilyasova||Partner, Head of Tax Law Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Ummi Jalilova||Partner, Director of Baku office||Baku||Inquire|
|Atabek Sharipov||Partner, Head of Turkmenistan Practice, Head of Banking & Secured Transactions in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan||Tashkent, Ashgabat||Inquire|
|Gulim Ratayeva||Representative in Pavlodar||Pavlodar||Inquire|
|Dmitriy Tyan||Representative in Kyzylorda region and the town of Baikonur, Attorney||Kyzylorda||Inquire|
|Yana Dianova||Director of Corporate and Commercial Law Department, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
|Elvira Maratova||Counsel, GRATA Kyrgyzstan||Bishkek, Dushanbe||Inquire|
|Samat Daumov||Branch Director||Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kyzylorda, Shymkent, Taraz, Kostanay, Astana, Kokshetau, Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar, Karaganda, Uralsk, Taldykorgan||Inquire|
|Nurlan Kyshtobaev||Partner, Head of Banking & Finance Practice in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan offices||Dushanbe, Bishkek||Inquire|
|Nurbol Kissembayev||Partner, Branch Director||Aktau||Inquire|
|Nodir Yuldashev||Partner, Construction, Telecommunications, Transport, Tax and Litigation||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Kanat Seidaliev||Partner, Office Director||Bishkek, Dushanbe||Inquire|
|Zaira Kaysar||Partner, Branch Director in Atyrau and Aktobe||Atyrau, Aktobe||Inquire|
|Aidar Sarymsakov||Senior Partner, Advocate||Almaty||Inquire|
|Aisanat Safarbek kyzy||Lawyer||Bishkek||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
"On Amending Article 22 of the Federal Law On Banks and Banking Activity and Article 1 of the Federal Law on Foreign Investments in the Russian Federation"
News 1 - 1 of 1
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last