For over 25 years, GRATA International has represented international and local construction companies in courts and arbitrations of Kazakhstan and other CIS countries and contributed to the effective settlement of most complex commercial disputes in the area of construction.
With GRATA, you will have the support of one the largest and most experienced teams in construction disputes resolution. We represent construction and infrastructure companies, developers, banks and other financial institutions, equipment suppliers, and service and management companies in all types of commercial litigations at any stage of a construction project.
Our key advantage is in-depth knowledge of the industry, which allows us not to waste time learning business specifics in the area of construction but to offer practical solutions proven by many successful proceedings of a similar kind. Therefore, we not only contribute to the settlement of disputes in the clients’ favour but also assist our clients in managing their expenditures and obtaining quality services at a reasonable price.
Our high-level performance and acknowledgement by clients is supported by high ratings issued by international resources such as the Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, Who's Who Legal, and many others. Our dispute resolution practice recognised as top ranked in Kazakhstan in 2014 by Chambers Global. GRATA was recognized as the Construction Law Firm of the Year in Kazakhstan in 2011, the Energy Law Firm of the Year in Kazakhstan in 2013 by Acquisition International M&A Awards, and as the Highly Recommended Law Firm by AsiaLaw Profiles in 2014 in the area of Construction and Real Estate and Energy and Natural Resources.
Our team of dispute resolution experts offers to our clients services in the following areas:
- Pre-trial dispute settlement;
- Representation in courts (civil and administrative litigation, proceedings involving state authorities);
- Representation in international and domestic arbitrations;
- Legal support in enforcement proceedings;
- Enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards;
- Seeking interim relief to secure the claim within foreign arbitrations;
- Legal due diligence of construction projects, including internal investigations;
- Legal advising on structuring of transactions and investments from a dispute resolution perspective (choice of law, jurisdiction, investment protection under the international law);
- Legal support in the course of audits by state authorities.
Brochure: Construction Disputes in Kazakhstan
OUR RECENT EXPERIENCE
- Representing OGCC KazStroyService JSC, the Kazakhstani largest infrastructure construction company, in several connected proceedings with a subcontractor in relation to the subcontractor’s claim for the reimbursement for additional works for over 5 bln tenge, counterclaims from the general contractor for the refund of advance payment and levy of execution upon the bank guarantee for advance payment refund, and rehabilitation issues, as well as appeal against interim relief and actions of bailiffs;
- Representing ENKA Insaat ve Sanayi A.S, one of the world’s largest construction companies, in a dispute with a Kazakhstani customer in relation to construction of the largest office, commercial, and residential facility in Almaty, Kazakhstan. This project included several simultaneous proceedings in various instances on reconsideration of judicial acts upon discovery of new facts, invalidation of work acceptance acts, and recovery of debt, etc.;
- Representing OGCC KazStroyService JSC, the Kazakhstani largest infrastructure construction company, in several related proceedings with the general contractor for recovery of reimbursement for additional works for over 600 mln tenge, and in judicial proceedings on counterclaims brought by the general contractor for the recovery of debt;
- Representing the genral designer in the proceedings with a customer in relation to the project design development for several large railroad facilities. The project included several simultaneous proceedings in various instances on reconsideration of judicial acts upon discovery of new facts, validation of work acceptance acts, and recovery of debt, etc.;
- Representing the general contractor in the proceedings with a customer on recovery of the debt of over 1 bln tenge and seeking respective work cost increase in connection with the devaluation of the national currency – tenge;
- Representing and advising the largest supplier of telecommunications equipment in pre-trial negotiations with a customer in relation to the increased cost of construction of a cellular telecommunications network triggered by the devaluation of the national currency – tenge;
- Representing a large infrastructure construction company in the proceeding with a customer in relation to the recovery of reimbursement for additional works for over 5 bln tenge, caused in connection with the construction of Kazakhstan’s largest industrial oil and gas facility;
- Advising a large infrastructure construction company in the proceedings with a customer in relation to the recovery of reimbursement for additional works taken place in the course of the construction of Kazakhstan’s largest petrochemical facility;
- Representing one of the largest European project designers in the dispute with a Kazakhstani customer on the recovery of design work cost in connection with the construction of a trade center in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
|Bakhyt Tukulov||Partner, Director of Dispute Resolution Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Eldar Ziatdinov||Director of Tax Law Department, GRATA International (Moscow), Representative in Kazan||Moscow, Kazan||Inquire|
|Shakhrukh Usmanov||Partner, Director of Industry and Trade Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Samat Daumov||Branch Director||Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kyzylorda, Shymkent, Taraz, Kostanay, Astana, Kokshetau, Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar, Karaganda, Uralsk, Taldykorgan||Inquire|
|Nodir Yuldashev||Partner, Construction, Telecommunications, Transport, Tax and Litigation||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Dmitriy Tyan||Representative in Kyzylorda region and the town of Baikonur, Attorney||Kyzylorda||Inquire|
|Gulim Ratayeva||Representative in Pavlodar||Pavlodar||Inquire|
|Marat Atyshev||Representative in Shymkent and Taraz, Advocate||Shymkent, Taraz||Inquire|
|Yevgeniy Gorokhov||Head of Dispute Resolution Department, Attorney at law, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Confidentiality is one of the main advantages of arbitration recognized in Kazakhstan and other jurisdictions.
News 1 - 1 of 1
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last