At client’s request lawyers can take part in court proceedings on the basis of a power of attorney. This is usually used when the client cannot take part in the hearing personally. Assistance of a lawyer during court proceedings is of utmost importance. For instance, it is necessary to consider possible losses and penalties applicable when drafting a statement of claim. Taking all this into consideration early on can help secure a satisfactory outcome for the client.
• Representing large international construction company in Kazakhstan in a dispute over invalidity of transactions worth over USD 200 million;
• Litigation in aid of international arbitration for the recovery of over USD 46 million in damages from large Kazakh producer of oil & gas;
• Representing major Turkish construction contractor in a complex dispute with a customer arising out of several contracts worth approx. USD 40 million;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in a dispute with customs authorities of Kazakhstan over payment of royalties worth approx. USD 10 million;
• Representing the winner of a tender for the supply of electric equipment worth approx. USD 9 million in a dispute initiated by a participant of the tender to challenge the results of the tender and invalidate the supply agreement;
• Representing a large German engineering and industrial company in a dispute with a subcontractor arising out of a USD 8 million services agreement;
• Representing one of the largest Kazakh cement producers in the Supreme Court in a dispute with local Environmental Department over the recovery of alleged damage inflicted upon environment;
• Representing a large foreign owned Kazakh bank in a dispute with state authorities of Kazakhstan;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of industrial equipment in several disputes over the recovery of equipment operated by lessees in Kazakhstan under financial lease arrangements;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in intellectual property litigation with a re-seller of counterfeit products.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with the State Joint Stock Railway Company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt, penalty and legal costs of 600.000 US dollars.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with a wholesale trade company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt of 50.000 US dollars.
• Defence of a subsidiary of the international producer of consumer goods in Uzbekistan under the claim from a local distributor for the recovery of the lost income of 750.000 US dollars.
• Representing the subsidiary of a German producer of construction materials in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional taxes and financial sanctions for delay in tax payments of 400.000 US dollars.
• Representing a producer of vehicle spare parts in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional customs duties and VAT on import of 45.000 US dollars.
• Representing a legal entity of Uzbekistan in the dispute on recognition of the ownership right in respect of the share in the charter fund of limited liability company earlier assigned to third party that is not a company founder.
• Representing the representative office of a British television and radio broadcasting company in Uzbekistan in the dispute on the restoration of labour relations and compensation for losses.
• Defence of the representative office of a Polish pharmaceutical company in Uzbekistan under the claim related to the compensation for damage and moral damage caused by illegal termination of labour relations.
• Representing a Russian subsidiary of one of the major international entertainment channels in a series of disputes with cable operators on enforcement and recovery of indebtedness under license agreements;
• Representing a Russian dealer of one of the largest world’s automotive manufacturers in proceedings in connection with protection of the rights of vehicles’ purchasers
• Representing a Russian business unit of a large European pharmaceutical company within pre-trial and court settlement of labor disputes related to dismissal of personnel thereof
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in a legal proceeding upon a claim for invalidity of real estate purchase and sale contracts entered into in the course of implementing a project for acquisition of municipal lands
• Contesting a decision of the Department of the Federal Supervisory Service for Healthcare for Moscow and Moscow Region on holding a Russian business unit of an international pharmaceutical company administratively liable for violation of licensing terms and conditions when conducting its business activity
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings initiated by a municipal authority claiming for invalidity of a registered ownership of a non-residential premises
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings in connection with contesting decisions of the Department of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadaster and Cartography for the Moscow Region on the state registration of a restriction on disposal of a land plot as well as a decision of the municipal district administration (Moscow Region) on refusal to let land plots into lease
• Representing one of the world’s largest manufacturers of ceramic ware in a tax litigation in connection with license fee recordkeeping
• Representing one of the largest Russian manufacturers of polyethylene products in a tax litigation related to recordkeeping of marketing and leased property insurance costs and expenses
|Bakhyt Tukulov||Partner, Director of Dispute Resolution Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Eldar Ziatdinov||Director of Tax Law Department, GRATA International (Moscow), Representative in Kazan||Moscow, Kazan||Inquire|
|Shakhrukh Usmanov||Partner, Director of Industry and Trade Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Samat Daumov||Branch Director||Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kyzylorda, Shymkent, Taraz, Kostanay, Astana, Kokshetau, Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar, Karaganda, Uralsk, Taldykorgan||Inquire|
|Nodir Yuldashev||Partner, Construction, Telecommunications, Transport, Tax and Litigation||Tashkent||Inquire|
|Dmitriy Tyan||Representative in Kyzylorda region and the town of Baikonur, Attorney||Kyzylorda||Inquire|
|Gulim Ratayeva||Representative in Pavlodar||Pavlodar||Inquire|
|Marat Atyshev||Representative in Shymkent and Taraz, Advocate||Shymkent, Taraz||Inquire|
|Yevgeniy Gorokhov||Head of Dispute Resolution Department, Attorney at law, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Confidentiality is one of the main advantages of arbitration recognized in Kazakhstan and other jurisdictions.
News 1 - 1 of 1
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last