At client’s request lawyers can take part in court proceedings on the basis of a power of attorney. This is usually used when the client cannot take part in the hearing personally. Assistance of a lawyer during court proceedings is of utmost importance. For instance, it is necessary to consider possible losses and penalties applicable when drafting a statement of claim. Taking all this into consideration early on can help secure a satisfactory outcome for the client.
• Representing large international construction company in Kazakhstan in a dispute over invalidity of transactions worth over USD 200 million;
• Litigation in aid of international arbitration for the recovery of over USD 46 million in damages from large Kazakh producer of oil & gas;
• Representing major Turkish construction contractor in a complex dispute with a customer arising out of several contracts worth approx. USD 40 million;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in a dispute with customs authorities of Kazakhstan over payment of royalties worth approx. USD 10 million;
• Representing the winner of a tender for the supply of electric equipment worth approx. USD 9 million in a dispute initiated by a participant of the tender to challenge the results of the tender and invalidate the supply agreement;
• Representing a large German engineering and industrial company in a dispute with a subcontractor arising out of a USD 8 million services agreement;
• Representing one of the largest Kazakh cement producers in the Supreme Court in a dispute with local Environmental Department over the recovery of alleged damage inflicted upon environment;
• Representing a large foreign owned Kazakh bank in a dispute with state authorities of Kazakhstan;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of industrial equipment in several disputes over the recovery of equipment operated by lessees in Kazakhstan under financial lease arrangements;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in intellectual property litigation with a re-seller of counterfeit products.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with the State Joint Stock Railway Company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt, penalty and legal costs of 600.000 US dollars.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with a wholesale trade company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt of 50.000 US dollars.
• Defence of a subsidiary of the international producer of consumer goods in Uzbekistan under the claim from a local distributor for the recovery of the lost income of 750.000 US dollars.
• Representing the subsidiary of a German producer of construction materials in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional taxes and financial sanctions for delay in tax payments of 400.000 US dollars.
• Representing a producer of vehicle spare parts in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional customs duties and VAT on import of 45.000 US dollars.
• Representing a legal entity of Uzbekistan in the dispute on recognition of the ownership right in respect of the share in the charter fund of limited liability company earlier assigned to third party that is not a company founder.
• Representing the representative office of a British television and radio broadcasting company in Uzbekistan in the dispute on the restoration of labour relations and compensation for losses.
• Defence of the representative office of a Polish pharmaceutical company in Uzbekistan under the claim related to the compensation for damage and moral damage caused by illegal termination of labour relations.
• Representing a Russian subsidiary of one of the major international entertainment channels in a series of disputes with cable operators on enforcement and recovery of indebtedness under license agreements;
• Representing a Russian dealer of one of the largest world’s automotive manufacturers in proceedings in connection with protection of the rights of vehicles’ purchasers
• Representing a Russian business unit of a large European pharmaceutical company within pre-trial and court settlement of labor disputes related to dismissal of personnel thereof
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in a legal proceeding upon a claim for invalidity of real estate purchase and sale contracts entered into in the course of implementing a project for acquisition of municipal lands
• Contesting a decision of the Department of the Federal Supervisory Service for Healthcare for Moscow and Moscow Region on holding a Russian business unit of an international pharmaceutical company administratively liable for violation of licensing terms and conditions when conducting its business activity
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings initiated by a municipal authority claiming for invalidity of a registered ownership of a non-residential premises
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings in connection with contesting decisions of the Department of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadaster and Cartography for the Moscow Region on the state registration of a restriction on disposal of a land plot as well as a decision of the municipal district administration (Moscow Region) on refusal to let land plots into lease
• Representing one of the world’s largest manufacturers of ceramic ware in a tax litigation in connection with license fee recordkeeping
• Representing one of the largest Russian manufacturers of polyethylene products in a tax litigation related to recordkeeping of marketing and leased property insurance costs and expenses
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
The EBRD supports the development and strengthening of local capital markets within the framework of the current reform program of Uzbekistan to ensure openness of the economy.
Требования Общего регламента по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation) (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR»), вступившего в силу с 25 мая 2018 г., применяются согласно его статье 3 (2) в том числе к контроллерам и операторам персональных данных, не учрежденным в ЕС, если они обрабатывают персональные данные субъектов персональных данных (физических лиц) находящихся в ЕС
We are proud to announce that Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of GRATA International’s Real Estate, Construction & Insfrastructure, Telecommunications & Transport departments, has been named among the best real estate lawyers in the world and featured in WWL 2018: Real Estate for the second consecutive year.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Общий регламент по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation), принятый Европейским парламентом 17 декабря 2015 г. (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR») вступил в силу с 25 мая 2018 г.
11 декабря 2018 г. пройдет Саммит Лидеров Рынка Инфраструктурных Проектов в г. Москва, Россия.
On 23 November 2018, Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner of the GRATA International law firm, spoke at the CLF 2018 Forum on Construction Regulation.
On 8-9 November 2018, the XIII Kazakhstan Forum of Corporate Lawyers was held in Almaty.
On November 9, the Parliament passed a package of changes introducing simplifications in tax and business law aimed for entrepreneurs.
On November 14, President Andrzej Duda endorsed an act introducing 9% rate of corporate income tax (CIT) for small businesses as well as certain changes regarding tax deductible costs in case of acquisition and exploitation of passenger cars by companies.
On November 25 the provisions will come into force that will allow businesses to continue operations despite the death of the enterprise’s owner.
8-9 ноября 2018 г. состоялся XIII Казахстанский форум корпоративных юристов в г. Алматы.
В очередной раз GRATA International получила высокую оценку от Asialaw profiles, одного из ведущих справочников по лучшим юридическим фирмам в Азиатско-Тихоокеанском регионе.
For another consecutive year GRATA International received high appraisals from Asialaw profiles, one of
the leading legal guides to top law firms and practitioners in Asia-Pacific.
The importance of the so-called natural monopolies in Kazakhstan can be seen in the fact that some of Kazakhstan’s largest and most powerful corporate empires, such as the KEGOC (national transmission grid operator) and KTZ (national railway company), are officially subject to natural monopoly regulation.
22 октября 2018 г. Президент Российской Федерации подписал Указ № 592 "О применении специальных экономических мер в связи с недружественными действиями Украины в отношении граждан и юридических лиц Российской Федерации", согласно которому федеральным органам государственной власти, органам государственной власти субъектов Российской Федерации, иным государственным органам, органам местного самоуправления, организациям и физическим лицам, находящимся под юрисдикцией России, необходимо в своей деятельности исходить из того, что со дня вступления данного Указа в отношении отдельных физических и юридических лиц, определенных Правительством РФ, применяются специальные экономические меры.
On 22 October 2018, the President of the Russian Federation signed Decree No. 592 "On the application of special economic measures in connection with the unfriendly actions of Ukraine in relation to citizens and legal entities of the Russian Federation", according to which the federal government bodies, local authorities, organizations and individuals under the jurisdiction of Russia need in their activities to proceed from the fact that from the date of entry into force of this Decree special economic measures are applied in respect of certain individuals and entities identified by the Government of the Russian Federation.
IFLR1000 has released its 2019 rankings identifying leading firms and lawyers worldwide.
GRATA International has been ranked in 7 jurisdictions in Europe and Asia: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. IFLR1000 paid special attention to GRATA’s wide geographical coverage in Central Asia and Eastern Europe.
Dmitri Papadopoulos, Executive Director of GRATA International Association - a Swiss Verein, was on an official visit to Almaty on 5 November 2018.
We are happy to announce that we have now become GRATA International Association - a Swiss Verein registered in Switzerland.
After successfully passing the exam and obtaining an advocate license, Shaimerden Chikanayev joined the Almaty City Bar and received the status of an advocate, granting him the right to protect the interests of his clients now not only in civil but also in criminal and administrative matters.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner of GRATA International, gave a presentation at the trading session organised by the Malaysian Embassy in Kazakhstan for Malaysian companies interested in entering the Kazakhstani market.
The Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) was launched on the 5 July 2018. It is a financial hub located in Astana, Kazakhstan. The aims of AIFC are to attract investment and bring in clients from Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
On 5 October 2018 Joint AmCham/BCC Career Fair was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
News 1 - 24 of 684
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last