At client’s request lawyers can take part in court proceedings on the basis of a power of attorney. This is usually used when the client cannot take part in the hearing personally. Assistance of a lawyer during court proceedings is of utmost importance. For instance, it is necessary to consider possible losses and penalties applicable when drafting a statement of claim. Taking all this into consideration early on can help secure a satisfactory outcome for the client.
• Representing large international construction company in Kazakhstan in a dispute over invalidity of transactions worth over USD 200 million;
• Litigation in aid of international arbitration for the recovery of over USD 46 million in damages from large Kazakh producer of oil & gas;
• Representing major Turkish construction contractor in a complex dispute with a customer arising out of several contracts worth approx. USD 40 million;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in a dispute with customs authorities of Kazakhstan over payment of royalties worth approx. USD 10 million;
• Representing the winner of a tender for the supply of electric equipment worth approx. USD 9 million in a dispute initiated by a participant of the tender to challenge the results of the tender and invalidate the supply agreement;
• Representing a large German engineering and industrial company in a dispute with a subcontractor arising out of a USD 8 million services agreement;
• Representing one of the largest Kazakh cement producers in the Supreme Court in a dispute with local Environmental Department over the recovery of alleged damage inflicted upon environment;
• Representing a large foreign owned Kazakh bank in a dispute with state authorities of Kazakhstan;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of industrial equipment in several disputes over the recovery of equipment operated by lessees in Kazakhstan under financial lease arrangements;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in intellectual property litigation with a re-seller of counterfeit products.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with the State Joint Stock Railway Company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt, penalty and legal costs of 600.000 US dollars.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with a wholesale trade company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt of 50.000 US dollars.
• Defence of a subsidiary of the international producer of consumer goods in Uzbekistan under the claim from a local distributor for the recovery of the lost income of 750.000 US dollars.
• Representing the subsidiary of a German producer of construction materials in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional taxes and financial sanctions for delay in tax payments of 400.000 US dollars.
• Representing a producer of vehicle spare parts in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional customs duties and VAT on import of 45.000 US dollars.
• Representing a legal entity of Uzbekistan in the dispute on recognition of the ownership right in respect of the share in the charter fund of limited liability company earlier assigned to third party that is not a company founder.
• Representing the representative office of a British television and radio broadcasting company in Uzbekistan in the dispute on the restoration of labour relations and compensation for losses.
• Defence of the representative office of a Polish pharmaceutical company in Uzbekistan under the claim related to the compensation for damage and moral damage caused by illegal termination of labour relations.
• Representing a Russian subsidiary of one of the major international entertainment channels in a series of disputes with cable operators on enforcement and recovery of indebtedness under license agreements;
• Representing a Russian dealer of one of the largest world’s automotive manufacturers in proceedings in connection with protection of the rights of vehicles’ purchasers
• Representing a Russian business unit of a large European pharmaceutical company within pre-trial and court settlement of labor disputes related to dismissal of personnel thereof
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in a legal proceeding upon a claim for invalidity of real estate purchase and sale contracts entered into in the course of implementing a project for acquisition of municipal lands
• Contesting a decision of the Department of the Federal Supervisory Service for Healthcare for Moscow and Moscow Region on holding a Russian business unit of an international pharmaceutical company administratively liable for violation of licensing terms and conditions when conducting its business activity
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings initiated by a municipal authority claiming for invalidity of a registered ownership of a non-residential premises
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings in connection with contesting decisions of the Department of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadaster and Cartography for the Moscow Region on the state registration of a restriction on disposal of a land plot as well as a decision of the municipal district administration (Moscow Region) on refusal to let land plots into lease
• Representing one of the world’s largest manufacturers of ceramic ware in a tax litigation in connection with license fee recordkeeping
• Representing one of the largest Russian manufacturers of polyethylene products in a tax litigation related to recordkeeping of marketing and leased property insurance costs and expenses
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
On 6 December 2017 the drinks reception was held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
On 5 December 2017 the International Conference "PPP Projects in International Context" was held in Frankfurt-on-Main, Germany.
Yerzhan spoke on key questions of PPP projects implementation in Kazakhstan, particular issues of national legislation, basis PPP models in Kazakhstan, issues relating to regulation of PPP projects and key trends of development of PPP in the near future.
On November 28th, 2017 Nurlan Kyshtobaev, partner of GRATA International Bishkek office conducted a guest lecture on “concession agreements” and “how law firms operate”. The lecture was read to the students of International Business Law department of the American University of Central Asia (AUCA) within the course “Investment Law and Sustainable Development”. Earlier this year, GRATA International in Bishkek signed a MoU with AUCA on cooperation.
4th Downstream Caspian & Central Asia conference was held in Baku, Azerbaijan on November 28.
On 22 November 2017 Dubai Chamber Annual Networking Reception took place in Azerbaijan, Baku with the aim of highlighting achievements, discussing plans, and reward most active companies.
On November 16, 2017, American Chamber of Commerce in Azerbaijan (AmCham Azerbaijan) organized its monthly members’ luncheon.
AmCham Legal and Compliance Working Group hosted its regular meeting on November 1, 2017.
The opening ceremony of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway (BTK) was held on October 30, 2017 in Baku.
On October 31, 2017, MilliMajlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan ratified a new production sharing agreement.
Since 1991, Kazakhstan, Central Asia’s largest economy and oil producer, has had to rely on the deteriorating infrastructure it inherited from the Soviet Union. As a result, nearly every piece of public infrastructure (e.g., roads, hospitals, power plants, kindergartens, sewerages) in Kazakhstan requires a different degree of upgrading or expansion. It is expected that proper PPPs and project finance deals will finally take off in Kazakhstan in the near future, firstly because proper legislation on PPPs has been put in place in 2015 and, secondly, after decades of neglect, the government of Kazakhstan has finally not only declared, but seems to confirm its readiness to improve the investment climate and to attract private investments through PPPs (including into the housing and utilities sector) and decided to invest at least part of the wealth from commodity exports in long-postponed infrastructure projects.
Yana Dianova, Director of the Corporate and Commercial Law Department of GRATA International (Moscow office), took part in the preparation of the Doing business 2018 annual report by the World Bank on the Russian Federation.
С 10 по 16 ноября 2017 года Каспийский Университет принял юристов GRATA International в качестве лекторов по актуальным темам.
We are proud announce that GRATA International has been ranked as an Outstanding Law Firm by Asia Law Profiles 2018
On 13 November 2017, in celebration of 20 years of GRATA International in Atyrau, we organised a Doing business in Kazakhstan via a Joint Venture and Consortium seminar.
As a further step in GRATA International’s strategy designed to provide a comprehensive coverage in the Eurasian region, we are pleased to announce the expansion of our Mongolian desk into a significant presence in Ulaanbaatar. Absolute Advocates, a full-service law firm, has started operating as an associate firm of GRATA International with effect from November 10, 2017.
On 7 November 2017, a round table ‘Strategy 2025’ was held in Almaty.
On 2-3 November 2017, the XII Forum of Corporate Lawyers was held in Almaty. GRATA International took part in the Forum as speakers.
On 13 November 2017, in celebration of 20 years of GRATA International in Atyrau we are organising a DOING BUSINESS IN KAZAKHSTAN VIA JOINT VENTURE AND CONSORTIUM seminar.
And again October, and again the time of the rating IFLR1000.
In the company section of IFLR 1000 Financial & Corporate we have gone up and take a worthy place in Tier 2! Similarly, we are located in the section Project Development, which replaced Energy & Infrastructure.
Associate office of GRATA International in Samara RBL law office became a partner of the large industrial park of the Samara region
On 10 November, Bakhyt Tukulov, Partner, Director of the Litigation Practice, will speak at the Caspian University.
Preparations are being made in Belarus for the introduction of a new institute in the consulting sphere - tax advising. Edict of the President adopted on September 19 serves this purpose by approving the Regulation on the activities of tax advisers in Belarus.
On 13 October 2017, in Atyrau, at the Renaissance Hotel, GRATA International hosted a Termination of employment agreement seminar devoted to labour law regulation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Статья управляющего партнера Ассоциированного офиса GRATA International в Новосибирске (Россия) USCONSALT Евгении Бондаренко о проверке российского контрагента перед сделкой.
Статья управляющего партнера Ассоциированного офиса GRATA International в Новосибирске (Россия) USCONSALT Евгении Бондаренко о соблюдении ряда обязательных требований при принятии процессуального обращения арбитражным судом Российской Федерации.
GRATA International is delighted to confirm that Shaimerden Chikanayev has been endorsed as a Highly regarded lawyer for Financial & Corporate law following client and peer recommendations during IFLR1000's research process.
On 6 October 2017, the Union of German Economy in the Republic of Kazakhstan and Representative Office of the German Economy in Central Asia held the 19th Day of German Economy in Kazakhstan.
On 5 October 2017, the International Investment Forum - "Almaty Invest" - was held. The Forum platform annually incorporate about 500 high-ranking participants.
News 1 - 28 of 528
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last