At client’s request lawyers can take part in court proceedings on the basis of a power of attorney. This is usually used when the client cannot take part in the hearing personally. Assistance of a lawyer during court proceedings is of utmost importance. For instance, it is necessary to consider possible losses and penalties applicable when drafting a statement of claim. Taking all this into consideration early on can help secure a satisfactory outcome for the client.
• Representing large international construction company in Kazakhstan in a dispute over invalidity of transactions worth over USD 200 million;
• Litigation in aid of international arbitration for the recovery of over USD 46 million in damages from large Kazakh producer of oil & gas;
• Representing major Turkish construction contractor in a complex dispute with a customer arising out of several contracts worth approx. USD 40 million;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in a dispute with customs authorities of Kazakhstan over payment of royalties worth approx. USD 10 million;
• Representing the winner of a tender for the supply of electric equipment worth approx. USD 9 million in a dispute initiated by a participant of the tender to challenge the results of the tender and invalidate the supply agreement;
• Representing a large German engineering and industrial company in a dispute with a subcontractor arising out of a USD 8 million services agreement;
• Representing one of the largest Kazakh cement producers in the Supreme Court in a dispute with local Environmental Department over the recovery of alleged damage inflicted upon environment;
• Representing a large foreign owned Kazakh bank in a dispute with state authorities of Kazakhstan;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of industrial equipment in several disputes over the recovery of equipment operated by lessees in Kazakhstan under financial lease arrangements;
• Representing one of the world's largest suppliers of consumer goods in intellectual property litigation with a re-seller of counterfeit products.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with the State Joint Stock Railway Company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt, penalty and legal costs of 600.000 US dollars.
• Representing a Ukranian metal trader in the dispute with a wholesale trade company of Uzbekistan for the recovery of principal debt of 50.000 US dollars.
• Defence of a subsidiary of the international producer of consumer goods in Uzbekistan under the claim from a local distributor for the recovery of the lost income of 750.000 US dollars.
• Representing the subsidiary of a German producer of construction materials in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional taxes and financial sanctions for delay in tax payments of 400.000 US dollars.
• Representing a producer of vehicle spare parts in Uzbekistan in the dispute for cancellation of the state decision binding the client to pay additional customs duties and VAT on import of 45.000 US dollars.
• Representing a legal entity of Uzbekistan in the dispute on recognition of the ownership right in respect of the share in the charter fund of limited liability company earlier assigned to third party that is not a company founder.
• Representing the representative office of a British television and radio broadcasting company in Uzbekistan in the dispute on the restoration of labour relations and compensation for losses.
• Defence of the representative office of a Polish pharmaceutical company in Uzbekistan under the claim related to the compensation for damage and moral damage caused by illegal termination of labour relations.
• Representing a Russian subsidiary of one of the major international entertainment channels in a series of disputes with cable operators on enforcement and recovery of indebtedness under license agreements;
• Representing a Russian dealer of one of the largest world’s automotive manufacturers in proceedings in connection with protection of the rights of vehicles’ purchasers
• Representing a Russian business unit of a large European pharmaceutical company within pre-trial and court settlement of labor disputes related to dismissal of personnel thereof
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in a legal proceeding upon a claim for invalidity of real estate purchase and sale contracts entered into in the course of implementing a project for acquisition of municipal lands
• Contesting a decision of the Department of the Federal Supervisory Service for Healthcare for Moscow and Moscow Region on holding a Russian business unit of an international pharmaceutical company administratively liable for violation of licensing terms and conditions when conducting its business activity
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings initiated by a municipal authority claiming for invalidity of a registered ownership of a non-residential premises
• Representing a Russian manufacturer of agricultural products in legal proceedings in connection with contesting decisions of the Department of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadaster and Cartography for the Moscow Region on the state registration of a restriction on disposal of a land plot as well as a decision of the municipal district administration (Moscow Region) on refusal to let land plots into lease
• Representing one of the world’s largest manufacturers of ceramic ware in a tax litigation in connection with license fee recordkeeping
• Representing one of the largest Russian manufacturers of polyethylene products in a tax litigation related to recordkeeping of marketing and leased property insurance costs and expenses
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
For yet another consecutive year, GRATA International enters the leading legal rankings and continues to be among the most outstanding law firms in Central Asia and the Caspian region.
The Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) approved on 29 January 2019 the Recommendations on the Guidelines for the Selection of Trade Names of Medicinal Products and the Guidelines for Manufacturing of Finished Dosage Forms of Medicinal Products in order to eliminate differences in the requirements for the manufacturing of finished dosage forms of medicines in Eurasian Member States Economic Union (EAEU).
Коллегия Евразийской экономической комиссии утвердила 29 января 2019 г. Рекомендации о Руководстве по выбору торговых наименований лекарственных препаратов и о Руководстве по производству готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в целях устранения различий в требованиях, предъявляемых к процессам производства готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в государствах - членах Евразийского экономического союза (ЕАЭС).
On 2 July 2018, the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 166-VI "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Insurance and Insurance Activities, Securities Market" was adopted. Among other things, this legislative act has amended the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 13 May 2003 No. 415-II "On Joint Stock Companies" (the "JSC Law").
We are glad to announce that one of GRATA International’s successful projects has been selected as of the winners of China Business Law Journal: Deals of the Year 2018.
Though Kazakhstan adopted relevant legislation for domestic (such as the governed Kazakh law) Islamic banking transactions more than seven years ago and has a Muslim population of over 11 million, Islamic finance is still in the early stages of its development and Islamic products are rarely used. According to the National Bank of Kazakhstan (NBK), as of 2018, the share of Islamic banking assets account for only 0.16% of total banking sector assets in Kazakhstan.
GRATA International is pleased to announce that on January 18-24, 2019, Mr. Andrew Gamble and Mr. Dimitri Papadopoulos visited Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The following is an outline of some of the major legal developments in Kazakhstan last year, and a selection of key changes that we anticipate for business, including Islamic finance, for this year.
Zulfiya Akchurina (representative of GRATA International in USA) and Mikhail Abdulov (lawyer) contributed to the report Doing Business 2019: Training for Reform.
We are glad to announce that GRATA International has been shortlisted for Law firm of the year: Russia, Ukraine and the CIS.
On the 29th November 2018, Almaty, the former capital and the largest city in Kazakhstan, received responses from nine international consortia, consisting of companies from Japan, France, Russia, Turkey, Spain, China and Kazakhstan, to participate in the first stage of the open tender of the Almaty Light Rail Transit (LRT) public-private partnership (PPP) project.
Постановлением Правительства Российской Федерации от 29 декабря 2018 г. № 1716-83 введен запрет на ввоз в Россию товаров, страной происхождения либо страной отправления которых является Украина или которые перемещаются через территорию Украины.
A ban on the import into Russia of certain commodities, the country of origin of which is Ukraine or which move through the territory of Ukraine was introduced by the Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 29 December 2018 No. 1716-83.
Let us introduce you this 'Doing Business in Kazakhstan' publication prepared by GRATA International law firm. The information in the brochure is based on theoretical and practical information available as of June 2018. The content of this brochure is intended for foreign businessmen and companies seeking to do business in Kazakhstan.
26 ноября 2018 года управление Роскомнадзора по Центральному федеральному округу возбудило административное дело в отношении компании Google, LLC в связи с неисполнением компанией обязанности подключиться к федеральной государственной информационной системе, содержащей перечень информационных ресурсов, информационно-телекоммуникационных сетей, доступ к которым ограничен на территории России (ФГИС).
On 26 November 2018, the Office of the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor) in the Central Federal District initiated an administrative case against Google, LLC due to the company's failure to fulfill its obligations to connect to the federal state information system containing a list of information resources, information and telecommunication networks, access to which is restricted in Russia (FGIS ).
On 7 December 2018 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner of GRATA International law firm, gave guest lecture at Suleyman Demirel University in Almaty.
The EBRD supports the development and strengthening of local capital markets within the framework of the current reform program of Uzbekistan to ensure openness of the economy.
Требования Общего регламента по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation) (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR»), вступившего в силу с 25 мая 2018 г., применяются согласно его статье 3 (2) в том числе к контроллерам и операторам персональных данных, не учрежденным в ЕС, если они обрабатывают персональные данные субъектов персональных данных (физических лиц) находящихся в ЕС
We are proud to announce that Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of GRATA International’s Real Estate, Construction & Insfrastructure, Telecommunications & Transport departments, has been named among the best real estate lawyers in the world and featured in WWL 2018: Real Estate for the second consecutive year.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
News 1 - 21 of 701
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last