GRATA Law Firm has been active in the legal market for more than 20 years and has thorough experience in providing legal support for the hotel sector, in the Eurasian region: Russian Federation, Central Asia and the Caspian countries.
We offer our clients the full range of legal services necessary for resolving the broad range of issues connected with the hotel business and real estate.
Key Elements of our Services
- A thorough knowledge of the market: we advise developers, investors, and owners of real estate on all issues, from registration and organizing activities, to large acquisitions, structuring investment and management agreements.
- Quality: GRATA's specialists combine great experience in legal support of both large and medium scale projects in the hotel sector in CIS countries, with knowledge and practical application of legal instruments for restructuring and financing and commercial activities in the markets, which allows us to offer services of a very high quality.
- Preparing the constitutive documents
- Registering legal entities, branch offices and representative offices
- Registering changes and supplements to the constitutive documents
- Consultation on general issues on compliance with intellectual property law
- Licensing agreements and franchising, including questions on the transfer of know-how
- Representation before the competent authorities on all issues of trademark registration
- Protecting the rights of objects of intellectual property.
- Consultation on questions of corporate structuring
- Legal audit/due diligence as part of an acquisition or sale of companies/assets
- Full legal support for mergers and acquisitions
- Consultation on issues concerning the creation and maintenance of joint ventures
- Checking compliance with labour law
- Audit of HR documentation
- Drawing up HR documentation
- Consultation on issues regarding the attraction of foreign labour
- Consultation on issues regarding corporate taxation
- Appealing the results of tax audits and tax disputes
- Legal assessment of tax accounting (tax audit)
- Tax planning
Regulatory questions and commercial issues regarding the organization of hotel business
- Ecological and health-protection issues for businesses conducting activity in the hospitality sector.
- Consultation in relation to various aspects of agreements for the exploitation and management of real estate assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on issues concerning outsourcing, supply and other issues regarding the activities of assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on insurance issues.
Administrative and legal support for the business
- Legal support for maintaining relations with the government authorities during the process of inspections and certification
- Work with the regulatory authorities on issues concerning the procedure for applying legislative norms.
Legal support for financial issues in the hotel sphere.
- Legal support for equity and debt financing
- Legal support for financing acquisitions
- Consultation on issues regarding initial financing or the refinancing of construction
- Consultation on issues regarding real estate transactions and secured lending
- Pre-trial settlement of issues concerning the protection of intellectual property rights
- Legal representation in all matters of infringement of intellectual property
- Legal assistance in implementing enforcement proceedings for infringement of intellectual property
Brochure: Hotel Business
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF OUR RECENT WORK
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States on tax audit activities of a hotel in the Russian Federation (Moscow);
- Advising a global network of hotels in respect of economic activity in the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana), including general consulting services, corporate structuring and drafting commercial agreements;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States with respect to the construction and operation of hotels in different regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana, Aktau and Atyrau), including advice with respect to construction contracts, recruitment, franchise agreements, corporate structuring, intellectual property and competition;
- Advising the Kazakhstan Association in the field of tourism and the hospitality industry, providing advice on amendments to various laws and regulations that apply to the hotel industry;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United Kingdom with regard to the opening of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including labour, corporate and licensing issues;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on matters related to a license agreement;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on the protection of personal data and labour issues;
- Advising an international hotel operator with headquarters in the United States with respect to the construction of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including examining an agreement on the implementation of a range of works on engineering, procurement and construction materials and advice on regulatory and legislative regulation;
- Advising a major international hotel company in commercial activity of a hotel in the Kyrgyz Republic (Bishkek), including issues concerning labour relations and compliance with legal requirements.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
In 2019 Russia is ranked according to the World Bank 31st out of 190 economies in terms of ease of doing business in general, 32d for starting a business, 12th for registering property and 18th for enforcing contracts.
В 2019 году Россия занимает 31-е место среди 190 стран в рейтинге Всемирного Банка по условиям ведения бизнеса, 32-е место по процедурам, связанным с началом ведения предпринимательской деятельности, 12-е по процедуре регистрации права собственности и 18-е по приведению в исполнение контрактов.
For yet another consecutive year, GRATA International enters the leading legal rankings and continues to be among the most outstanding law firms in Central Asia and the Caspian region.
The Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) approved on 29 January 2019 the Recommendations on the Guidelines for the Selection of Trade Names of Medicinal Products and the Guidelines for Manufacturing of Finished Dosage Forms of Medicinal Products in order to eliminate differences in the requirements for the manufacturing of finished dosage forms of medicines in Eurasian Member States Economic Union (EAEU).
Коллегия Евразийской экономической комиссии утвердила 29 января 2019 г. Рекомендации о Руководстве по выбору торговых наименований лекарственных препаратов и о Руководстве по производству готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в целях устранения различий в требованиях, предъявляемых к процессам производства готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в государствах - членах Евразийского экономического союза (ЕАЭС).
On 2 July 2018, the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 166-VI "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Insurance and Insurance Activities, Securities Market" was adopted. Among other things, this legislative act has amended the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 13 May 2003 No. 415-II "On Joint Stock Companies" (the "JSC Law").
We are glad to announce that one of GRATA International’s successful projects has been selected as of the winners of China Business Law Journal: Deals of the Year 2018.
Though Kazakhstan adopted relevant legislation for domestic (such as the governed Kazakh law) Islamic banking transactions more than seven years ago and has a Muslim population of over 11 million, Islamic finance is still in the early stages of its development and Islamic products are rarely used. According to the National Bank of Kazakhstan (NBK), as of 2018, the share of Islamic banking assets account for only 0.16% of total banking sector assets in Kazakhstan.
GRATA International is pleased to announce that on January 18-24, 2019, Mr. Andrew Gamble and Mr. Dimitri Papadopoulos visited Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The following is an outline of some of the major legal developments in Kazakhstan last year, and a selection of key changes that we anticipate for business, including Islamic finance, for this year.
Zulfiya Akchurina (representative of GRATA International in USA) and Mikhail Abdulov (lawyer) contributed to the report Doing Business 2019: Training for Reform.
We are glad to announce that GRATA International has been shortlisted for Law firm of the year: Russia, Ukraine and the CIS.
On the 29th November 2018, Almaty, the former capital and the largest city in Kazakhstan, received responses from nine international consortia, consisting of companies from Japan, France, Russia, Turkey, Spain, China and Kazakhstan, to participate in the first stage of the open tender of the Almaty Light Rail Transit (LRT) public-private partnership (PPP) project.
Постановлением Правительства Российской Федерации от 29 декабря 2018 г. № 1716-83 введен запрет на ввоз в Россию товаров, страной происхождения либо страной отправления которых является Украина или которые перемещаются через территорию Украины.
A ban on the import into Russia of certain commodities, the country of origin of which is Ukraine or which move through the territory of Ukraine was introduced by the Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 29 December 2018 No. 1716-83.
Let us introduce you this 'Doing Business in Kazakhstan' publication prepared by GRATA International law firm. The information in the brochure is based on theoretical and practical information available as of June 2018. The content of this brochure is intended for foreign businessmen and companies seeking to do business in Kazakhstan.
26 ноября 2018 года управление Роскомнадзора по Центральному федеральному округу возбудило административное дело в отношении компании Google, LLC в связи с неисполнением компанией обязанности подключиться к федеральной государственной информационной системе, содержащей перечень информационных ресурсов, информационно-телекоммуникационных сетей, доступ к которым ограничен на территории России (ФГИС).
On 26 November 2018, the Office of the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor) in the Central Federal District initiated an administrative case against Google, LLC due to the company's failure to fulfill its obligations to connect to the federal state information system containing a list of information resources, information and telecommunication networks, access to which is restricted in Russia (FGIS ).
On 7 December 2018 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner of GRATA International law firm, gave guest lecture at Suleyman Demirel University in Almaty.
The EBRD supports the development and strengthening of local capital markets within the framework of the current reform program of Uzbekistan to ensure openness of the economy.
Требования Общего регламента по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation) (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR»), вступившего в силу с 25 мая 2018 г., применяются согласно его статье 3 (2) в том числе к контроллерам и операторам персональных данных, не учрежденным в ЕС, если они обрабатывают персональные данные субъектов персональных данных (физических лиц) находящихся в ЕС
We are proud to announce that Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of GRATA International’s Real Estate, Construction & Insfrastructure, Telecommunications & Transport departments, has been named among the best real estate lawyers in the world and featured in WWL 2018: Real Estate for the second consecutive year.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
News 1 - 23 of 703
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last