GRATA Law Firm has been active in the legal market for more than 20 years and has thorough experience in providing legal support for the hotel sector, in the Eurasian region: Russian Federation, Central Asia and the Caspian countries.
We offer our clients the full range of legal services necessary for resolving the broad range of issues connected with the hotel business and real estate.
Key Elements of our Services
- A thorough knowledge of the market: we advise developers, investors, and owners of real estate on all issues, from registration and organizing activities, to large acquisitions, structuring investment and management agreements.
- Quality: GRATA's specialists combine great experience in legal support of both large and medium scale projects in the hotel sector in CIS countries, with knowledge and practical application of legal instruments for restructuring and financing and commercial activities in the markets, which allows us to offer services of a very high quality.
- Preparing the constitutive documents
- Registering legal entities, branch offices and representative offices
- Registering changes and supplements to the constitutive documents
- Consultation on general issues on compliance with intellectual property law
- Licensing agreements and franchising, including questions on the transfer of know-how
- Representation before the competent authorities on all issues of trademark registration
- Protecting the rights of objects of intellectual property.
- Consultation on questions of corporate structuring
- Legal audit/due diligence as part of an acquisition or sale of companies/assets
- Full legal support for mergers and acquisitions
- Consultation on issues concerning the creation and maintenance of joint ventures
- Checking compliance with labour law
- Audit of HR documentation
- Drawing up HR documentation
- Consultation on issues regarding the attraction of foreign labour
- Consultation on issues regarding corporate taxation
- Appealing the results of tax audits and tax disputes
- Legal assessment of tax accounting (tax audit)
- Tax planning
Regulatory questions and commercial issues regarding the organization of hotel business
- Ecological and health-protection issues for businesses conducting activity in the hospitality sector.
- Consultation in relation to various aspects of agreements for the exploitation and management of real estate assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on issues concerning outsourcing, supply and other issues regarding the activities of assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on insurance issues.
Administrative and legal support for the business
- Legal support for maintaining relations with the government authorities during the process of inspections and certification
- Work with the regulatory authorities on issues concerning the procedure for applying legislative norms.
Legal support for financial issues in the hotel sphere.
- Legal support for equity and debt financing
- Legal support for financing acquisitions
- Consultation on issues regarding initial financing or the refinancing of construction
- Consultation on issues regarding real estate transactions and secured lending
- Pre-trial settlement of issues concerning the protection of intellectual property rights
- Legal representation in all matters of infringement of intellectual property
- Legal assistance in implementing enforcement proceedings for infringement of intellectual property
Brochure: Hotel Business
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF OUR RECENT WORK
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States on tax audit activities of a hotel in the Russian Federation (Moscow);
- Advising a global network of hotels in respect of economic activity in the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana), including general consulting services, corporate structuring and drafting commercial agreements;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States with respect to the construction and operation of hotels in different regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana, Aktau and Atyrau), including advice with respect to construction contracts, recruitment, franchise agreements, corporate structuring, intellectual property and competition;
- Advising the Kazakhstan Association in the field of tourism and the hospitality industry, providing advice on amendments to various laws and regulations that apply to the hotel industry;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United Kingdom with regard to the opening of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including labour, corporate and licensing issues;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on matters related to a license agreement;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on the protection of personal data and labour issues;
- Advising an international hotel operator with headquarters in the United States with respect to the construction of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including examining an agreement on the implementation of a range of works on engineering, procurement and construction materials and advice on regulatory and legislative regulation;
- Advising a major international hotel company in commercial activity of a hotel in the Kyrgyz Republic (Bishkek), including issues concerning labour relations and compliance with legal requirements.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
It has shown a particular interest in the Law of 28 December 2017 No. 128-VI on Introducing Amendments and Additions to some Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Information and Communication ('the Law'), which, among other amendments, requires website operators to collect identification data of website users who post comments on such websites.
GRATA International commented on the following questions:
1- What is the background to the Law, and the Kazakh government's reason for introducing it?
2- Which types of companies will be affected by the provisions with regard to i) identifying website users ii) retaining user data? How is this likely to affect the operation of websites, and their users?
On 29 December 2017 the Republic of Kazakhstan has ratified the Convention on avoidance of double taxation with Ireland and the Protocol thereto (hereinafter – the ‘Convention’).
Команда юристов GRATA International в России подготовила обзор наиболее важных изменений в законодательстве Российской Федерации, вступающих в силу в 2018 году.
Belarus adopted the revolutionary legal framework for IT companies and blockchain enthusiasts. The President’s Decree on Digital Economy comes into force on March 28, 2018.
On December 23, 2017 Managing Partner of GRATA International’s Uzbekistan office Bakhodir Jabborov made a presentation at the Shanghai Bar Association
GRATA International contributed to LexisNexis Mergers & Acquisitions Law Guide 2018. Special Focus - One Belt One Road China Investment.
On November 23 the President of the Republic of Belarus has signed Decree No. 7 “On the Development of Entrepreneurship”. The document significantly simplifies business activities in Belarus. Below you can find main innovations for business introduced by the document.
On 15 December 2017, AmCham HR Committee's December Meeting took place in the office of Nobel Oil in Baku.
On 15 December 2017, the Caspian European Club and Caspian Energy Georgia with the support of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Georgia held the Azerbaijani-Georgian business forum and the third CEO of Lunch Tbilisi.
On 5 December 2017, the 23rd Azerbaijan International Telecommunications and Information Technologies Exhibition and Conference took Place in Baku Expo Centre. The exhibition marked the beginning of High Technologies Week. The organiser of the exhibition was the Caspian Event Organisers.
On 7-9 December 2017, Bolormaa Volodya, Partner, and Altanzaya Gunsen, Taxation Counsel of Absolute Advocates LLP, GRATA International's associate office in Mongolia, have attended International Taxation Conference 2017 in Mumbai, India.
GRATA International performed exceptionally well in this year’s rankings as its Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan offices were ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018, confirming GRATA International's dominant position in Central Asia.
During the Month of November 2017 GRATA International (Russian Federation) generated the most usage from Mondaq users for the category of commercial law.
On 30 November 2017 in Bishkek GRATA International organised a practical seminar: Roadmap to Profitable Small Hydro Power Plant Development, together with international engineering firm ILF Consulting Engineers.
On 28 November 2017 in Almaty GRATA International organised a practical seminar: Roadmap to Profitable Small Hydro Power Plant Development, together with international engineering firm ILF Consulting Engineers.
On 7 December 2017, the results of the national law firms rating – ‘Право.ru-300’ were announced.
On 6 December 2017 the drinks reception was held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
On 5 December 2017 the International Conference "PPP Projects in International Context" was held in Frankfurt-on-Main, Germany.
Yerzhan spoke on key questions of PPP projects implementation in Kazakhstan, particular issues of national legislation, basis PPP models in Kazakhstan, issues relating to regulation of PPP projects and key trends of development of PPP in the near future.
On November 28th, 2017 Nurlan Kyshtobaev, partner of GRATA International Bishkek office conducted a guest lecture on “concession agreements” and “how law firms operate”. The lecture was read to the students of International Business Law department of the American University of Central Asia (AUCA) within the course “Investment Law and Sustainable Development”. Earlier this year, GRATA International in Bishkek signed a MoU with AUCA on cooperation.
4th Downstream Caspian & Central Asia conference was held in Baku, Azerbaijan on November 28.
On 22 November 2017 Dubai Chamber Annual Networking Reception took place in Azerbaijan, Baku with the aim of highlighting achievements, discussing plans, and reward most active companies.
On November 16, 2017, American Chamber of Commerce in Azerbaijan (AmCham Azerbaijan) organized its monthly members’ luncheon.
AmCham Legal and Compliance Working Group hosted its regular meeting on November 1, 2017.
The opening ceremony of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway (BTK) was held on October 30, 2017 in Baku.
News 1 - 24 of 544
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last