GRATA Law Firm has been active in the legal market for more than 20 years and has thorough experience in providing legal support for the hotel sector, in the Eurasian region: Russian Federation, Central Asia and the Caspian countries.
We offer our clients the full range of legal services necessary for resolving the broad range of issues connected with the hotel business and real estate.
Key Elements of our Services
- A thorough knowledge of the market: we advise developers, investors, and owners of real estate on all issues, from registration and organizing activities, to large acquisitions, structuring investment and management agreements.
- Quality: GRATA's specialists combine great experience in legal support of both large and medium scale projects in the hotel sector in CIS countries, with knowledge and practical application of legal instruments for restructuring and financing and commercial activities in the markets, which allows us to offer services of a very high quality.
- Preparing the constitutive documents
- Registering legal entities, branch offices and representative offices
- Registering changes and supplements to the constitutive documents
- Consultation on general issues on compliance with intellectual property law
- Licensing agreements and franchising, including questions on the transfer of know-how
- Representation before the competent authorities on all issues of trademark registration
- Protecting the rights of objects of intellectual property.
- Consultation on questions of corporate structuring
- Legal audit/due diligence as part of an acquisition or sale of companies/assets
- Full legal support for mergers and acquisitions
- Consultation on issues concerning the creation and maintenance of joint ventures
- Checking compliance with labour law
- Audit of HR documentation
- Drawing up HR documentation
- Consultation on issues regarding the attraction of foreign labour
- Consultation on issues regarding corporate taxation
- Appealing the results of tax audits and tax disputes
- Legal assessment of tax accounting (tax audit)
- Tax planning
Regulatory questions and commercial issues regarding the organization of hotel business
- Ecological and health-protection issues for businesses conducting activity in the hospitality sector.
- Consultation in relation to various aspects of agreements for the exploitation and management of real estate assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on issues concerning outsourcing, supply and other issues regarding the activities of assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on insurance issues.
Administrative and legal support for the business
- Legal support for maintaining relations with the government authorities during the process of inspections and certification
- Work with the regulatory authorities on issues concerning the procedure for applying legislative norms.
Legal support for financial issues in the hotel sphere.
- Legal support for equity and debt financing
- Legal support for financing acquisitions
- Consultation on issues regarding initial financing or the refinancing of construction
- Consultation on issues regarding real estate transactions and secured lending
- Pre-trial settlement of issues concerning the protection of intellectual property rights
- Legal representation in all matters of infringement of intellectual property
- Legal assistance in implementing enforcement proceedings for infringement of intellectual property
Brochure: Hotel Business
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF OUR RECENT WORK
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States on tax audit activities of a hotel in the Russian Federation (Moscow);
- Advising a global network of hotels in respect of economic activity in the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana), including general consulting services, corporate structuring and drafting commercial agreements;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States with respect to the construction and operation of hotels in different regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana, Aktau and Atyrau), including advice with respect to construction contracts, recruitment, franchise agreements, corporate structuring, intellectual property and competition;
- Advising the Kazakhstan Association in the field of tourism and the hospitality industry, providing advice on amendments to various laws and regulations that apply to the hotel industry;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United Kingdom with regard to the opening of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including labour, corporate and licensing issues;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on matters related to a license agreement;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on the protection of personal data and labour issues;
- Advising an international hotel operator with headquarters in the United States with respect to the construction of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including examining an agreement on the implementation of a range of works on engineering, procurement and construction materials and advice on regulatory and legislative regulation;
- Advising a major international hotel company in commercial activity of a hotel in the Kyrgyz Republic (Bishkek), including issues concerning labour relations and compliance with legal requirements.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
Renewable energy development has recently become hot topic in Kazakhstan that is actively being discussed among market existing and potential participants, relevant state bodies including the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (the “MoE”), international development institutions and other stakeholders.
In early July this year we witnessed the opening of the Astana International Financial Center (AIFC). We have seen a large number of reports in the media on the Court and Arbitration at the AIFC, but little has been said specifically on what exactly they can offer to Kazakhstani businesses.
Kazakhstan has high ambitions in China’s Belt and Road initiative (BRI) as it is geographically an ideal junction between China and the west.
During the Month of July 2018 GRATA International (Russian Federation) generated the most usage from Mondaq users for the category of commercial law.
В июле 2018 года наибольшее количество обращений пользователей Mondaq по вопросам коммерческого права получила GRATA International (Россия).
С 01 июля 2018 г. вступили в силу изменения в 214-ФЗ (Федеральный закон «Об участии в долевом строительстве многоквартирных домов и иных объектов недвижимости» от 30 декабря 2004 года), которые значительно усилили требования к Застройщикам.
The competition law regulates matters related to the creation of conditions for fair competition in the market for business entities, identification and implementation of legal and organisational grounds for prohibition, restriction and prevention of any activities impeding competition.
On 17 July 2018, the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEС) adopted the following acts aimed at regulation of the general market of medicines in the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU):
Federal Law No. 234-FZ of July 29, 2013 amended the Tax Code of the Russian Federation providing for the cancellation of the state duties for state registration of:
Rules relating to statute of limitation contained in the Civil Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan (the “Civil Code”) may seem relatively straightforward. However, in our practice we frequently encounter situations where rules relating to the calculation of the statute of limitation are erroneously applied or where their applications to relevant facts create disputes. In this article, the author has attempted to provide a practical perspective on some of the most frequently encountered questions relating to the statute of limitation under Kazakh law and express views on the interpretation of certain rules.
Yesterday, 26 July 2018, GRATA International and the CCIFK held a breakfast meeting with the Chamber members.
On 3-4 July 2018, an International PPP Finance Summit 2018 took place in London, UK.
By the end of June of this year Kazakhstan signed the Multilateral convention to implement tax treaty related measures to prevent base erosion and profit shifting (MLI).
Modeled on the Dubai International Financial Centre, the Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) was officially launched on the 5th July this year, established with the aim of bridging the gap between the world’s major fi nancial centers and a regional gateway for capital and investments.
On June 20, 2018, GRATA International Law Firm signed a memorandum on cooperation in the area of education with IQanat Public Education Fund.
3 июля 2018 года, в отеле Ritz Carlton Astana под председательством Премьер-министра Республики Казахстан Бакытжана Сагинтаева прошел круглый стол по глобальным инвестициям.
On 29 June 2018 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner of GRATA International (subsoil use practice (Almaty)) was a speaker at the Astana Legal Forum 2018.
Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner, Head of Subsoil Use department (Almaty) of GRATA International was a speaker at the 25th World Mining Congress (WMC).
On 19-20 July 2018 a seminar on "Practical aspects of the application of public-private partnership mechanisms for infrastructure development" will be held in Astana.
Since 1991, Kazakhstan, Central Asia’s largest economy and oil producer, has had to rely on the deteriorating infrastructure it inherited from the Soviet Union.
On 19-22 June 2018 the 25th World Mining Congress (WMC) will be held in Astana.
In Civil Law and Common Law System, the fundamental of the compensation are separated from each other. In Civil Law System, the punishment of person or persons who cause harm and the prevention of similar behaviour are the adopted remark in determining the compensation of competition law. Meanwhile in Common Law, the logic of compensation for damage, adopted comment in the determination of compensation.
Yerbolat Yerkebulanov translated the New Code on Subsoil and Subsoil Use for mining companies into English..
On 8 June 2018 a Renewable Energy Summit was held in Astana.
On 3-4 July 2018 an International PPP Summit 2018 will take place in London, UK.
On 8 June 2018, Gulnur Nurkeyeva, Head of GRATA International's China Desk, took part at the 5th meeting of the Kazakhstan China Business Council in Beijing.
Recognition and enforcement, which is one of the legal terms, is regulated in International Private and Civil Procedure Law. The point of this regulation is how the decision given by the Foreign Court will be valid in the Turkish Courts.
Ancillary restraint is frequently one of competition restricting agreements in case of accepted as illegal it can damage market. Because mergers and acquisitions sometimes lose its importance without ancillary restraints.
The event was held by the Embassy of Azerbaijan to China to mark the National Independence Day.
The event brought together Azerbaijanis living in China, representatives of various state organisations and companies from Azerbaijan and foreign states.
The well-known and free-accessed ICLG (International Comparative Legal Guide) series provides current and practical comparative legal information on a range of practice areas, including Mining Law.
The Mining Law 2018 – Kazakhstan with 43 specific issues addressed by GRATA International in view of the then-acting subsoil use legislation was initially published on September 2017.
As the mining legal environment will substantially change after the new Code on Subsoil and Subsoil Use dated 27 December 2017 comes into force on 29 June 2018, GRATA has updated the Kazakhstan chapter accordingly.
The 5th Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi-2018 (www.caspianenergyforum.com) has been held on May 8th, 2018.
During an IV meeting of the German-Uzbek Business Council which was held in Tashkent, Prime Minister of Uzbekistan Abdulla Aripov invited the largest German companies to open their business in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The authorities of Uzbekistan are planning to create three small tourist zones in the Surkhandarya region. Relying to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers, the Basnoi, Sariasiy and Sherabad zones will be established for the development of tourism in the region.
In Uzbekistan, it was adopted Presidential Decree, "On measures to further stimulate the development and growth of export potential of leather and footwear and fur industries”.
SkyPower Global (Cayman Islands) will invest US$1.3 billion in a project to build photovoltaic solar energy facilities.
On May 4, 2018, it was signed the Presidential Decree, "On measures to radically increase the role of civil society institutions in the process of democratic renewal of the country", which will amend current regulating system of NGOs, specifically:
World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim met with Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev to discuss Uzbekistan’s social and economic transformation and to reaffirm the World Bank Group’s support for reforms to accelerate economic growth and boost shared prosperity, the World Bank reported.
The companies of Uzbekistan and the US signed a number of agreements in the oil and gas sector and energy within the framework of the visit of the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to Washington.
Uzbekistan and leading US companies signed agreements worth about US$5 billion.
News 1 - 38 of 638
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last