GRATA Law Firm has been active in the legal market for more than 20 years and has thorough experience in providing legal support for the hotel sector, in the Eurasian region: Russian Federation, Central Asia and the Caspian countries.
We offer our clients the full range of legal services necessary for resolving the broad range of issues connected with the hotel business and real estate.
Key Elements of our Services
- A thorough knowledge of the market: we advise developers, investors, and owners of real estate on all issues, from registration and organizing activities, to large acquisitions, structuring investment and management agreements.
- Quality: GRATA's specialists combine great experience in legal support of both large and medium scale projects in the hotel sector in CIS countries, with knowledge and practical application of legal instruments for restructuring and financing and commercial activities in the markets, which allows us to offer services of a very high quality.
- Preparing the constitutive documents
- Registering legal entities, branch offices and representative offices
- Registering changes and supplements to the constitutive documents
- Consultation on general issues on compliance with intellectual property law
- Licensing agreements and franchising, including questions on the transfer of know-how
- Representation before the competent authorities on all issues of trademark registration
- Protecting the rights of objects of intellectual property.
- Consultation on questions of corporate structuring
- Legal audit/due diligence as part of an acquisition or sale of companies/assets
- Full legal support for mergers and acquisitions
- Consultation on issues concerning the creation and maintenance of joint ventures
- Checking compliance with labour law
- Audit of HR documentation
- Drawing up HR documentation
- Consultation on issues regarding the attraction of foreign labour
- Consultation on issues regarding corporate taxation
- Appealing the results of tax audits and tax disputes
- Legal assessment of tax accounting (tax audit)
- Tax planning
Regulatory questions and commercial issues regarding the organization of hotel business
- Ecological and health-protection issues for businesses conducting activity in the hospitality sector.
- Consultation in relation to various aspects of agreements for the exploitation and management of real estate assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on issues concerning outsourcing, supply and other issues regarding the activities of assets of hotel infrastructure
- Consultation on insurance issues.
Administrative and legal support for the business
- Legal support for maintaining relations with the government authorities during the process of inspections and certification
- Work with the regulatory authorities on issues concerning the procedure for applying legislative norms.
Legal support for financial issues in the hotel sphere.
- Legal support for equity and debt financing
- Legal support for financing acquisitions
- Consultation on issues regarding initial financing or the refinancing of construction
- Consultation on issues regarding real estate transactions and secured lending
- Pre-trial settlement of issues concerning the protection of intellectual property rights
- Legal representation in all matters of infringement of intellectual property
- Legal assistance in implementing enforcement proceedings for infringement of intellectual property
Brochure: Hotel Business
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF OUR RECENT WORK
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States on tax audit activities of a hotel in the Russian Federation (Moscow);
- Advising a global network of hotels in respect of economic activity in the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana), including general consulting services, corporate structuring and drafting commercial agreements;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United States with respect to the construction and operation of hotels in different regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana, Aktau and Atyrau), including advice with respect to construction contracts, recruitment, franchise agreements, corporate structuring, intellectual property and competition;
- Advising the Kazakhstan Association in the field of tourism and the hospitality industry, providing advice on amendments to various laws and regulations that apply to the hotel industry;
- Advising a multinational hotel company headquartered in the United Kingdom with regard to the opening of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including labour, corporate and licensing issues;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on matters related to a license agreement;
- Advising a major international hotel company with headquarters in the United States on the protection of personal data and labour issues;
- Advising an international hotel operator with headquarters in the United States with respect to the construction of a hotel in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent), including examining an agreement on the implementation of a range of works on engineering, procurement and construction materials and advice on regulatory and legislative regulation;
- Advising a major international hotel company in commercial activity of a hotel in the Kyrgyz Republic (Bishkek), including issues concerning labour relations and compliance with legal requirements.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
On February 6, 2018, the Parliament of Ukraine adopted the Law of Ukraine "On Limited Liability Companies" (project No. 4666 dated May 13, 2016), which changes the procedure for registration and management of these types of companies.
On February 15, 2018, the President of Ukraine signed the Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Concerning Corporate Agreements" (Project No. 4470 of April 19, 2016), which introduces in the domestic legislation provisions on the conclusion of corporate contracts - agreements on the exercise of the rights of participants (founders) of a limited liability company and agreements between shareholders.
The event that was held on February 27th, in Moscow (Russia) attracted 456 senior level decision makers, who came together to discuss the opportunities in the Russian & CIS capital markets industry.
During the Month of February 2018 GRATA International (Russian Federation) generated the most usage from Mondaq users for the category of commercial law.
On 16 March 2018, a seminar on the Application of international forms of FIDIC construction contracts was held by Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner and Director of Transport, Telecommunication, Construction and Infrastructure practice of GRATA International.
In this article, SHAIMERDEN CHIKANAYEV outlines some of the key legal developments and challenges faced by the Islamic finance market in Kazakhstan in 2017 and provides an overview of some of the major factors that will shape the Islamic finance industry's growth and trends in Kazakhstan in 2018.
On 20-21 of March 2018, in Zhuhai, China the China Enterprises Going Global Risk Conference will be held for Chinese transnational companies, organised by the China Industrial Overseas Development Association.
Uzbek government continues its strive to transform country's legislation and make Uzbekistan more open to foreign investment and international trade. With the addition modern-thinking specialists to the management in the state authorities, alongside with radical legislative improvements in legislation, directed to full-scale liberalisation, increasing trade turnover and development of local industry, attracting foreign investors, full transfer to market economy and overcoming such obstacles as corruption, restrictions for payment on current international transactions, tariff and non-tariff barriers, the prospects of Uzbekistan are becoming increasingly more attractive for global businesses.
During the Month of January 2018 GRATA International (Russian Federation) generated the most usage from Mondaq users for the category of commercial law.
Yana Dianova, Director of the Corporate and Commercial Law Department (GRATA International, Moscow) and Timur Berekmoinov, a patent attorney (GRATA International, Almaty) took part in the international conference 'Intellectual Property in the New Technological Order'.
In keeping with GRATA’s practice of informing clients of important legal developments that might influence their business, we would like to draw your attention to some important upcoming legislative developments regarding the foreign exchange regulation and foreign exchange control.
Samat Daumov, Managing Partner, GRATA International, shares the firm’s experience in building a regional network of a consulting firm or the largest network of lawyers and litigation attorneys in Kazakhstan.
We are glad to announce that Aidar Sarymsakov and Akhmetzhan Abdullayev, Senior Partners, Saule Akhmetova and Almat Daumov, Partners have been identified as key legal experts in Mining field among 11 legal experts in Kazakhstan in Who's Who Legal: Mining 2018 issue.
On 31 January 2017, the Law Society is hosting a breakfast round table with experts from the region and experienced practitioners to discuss the current business climate, growing business areas, and new investment opportunities for law firms and their clients, in particular in relation to the AIFC.
On 29 November 2017 the deputies of the Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan approved in the first reading draft law "On Amendments and Additions to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Regarding Regulation of Land Relations" (hereinafter referred to as the "Draft Law"), developed following the work of the Commission on Land Reform.
On 1 January 2018 new Tax Code came into force in Kazakhstan. This Tax Code is set to stimulate growth of small and medium-sized businesses and strengthen Kazakhstan’s financial sector. The principle of good faith was also introduced: all the ambiguities and inaccuracies of the Tax Code are interpreted in favour of entrepreneurs.
It has shown a particular interest in the Law of 28 December 2017 No. 128-VI on Introducing Amendments and Additions to some Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Information and Communication ('the Law'), which, among other amendments, requires website operators to collect identification data of website users who post comments on such websites.
GRATA International commented on the following questions:
1- What is the background to the Law, and the Kazakh government's reason for introducing it?
2- Which types of companies will be affected by the provisions with regard to i) identifying website users ii) retaining user data? How is this likely to affect the operation of websites, and their users?
On 29 December 2017 the Republic of Kazakhstan has ratified the Convention on avoidance of double taxation with Ireland and the Protocol thereto (hereinafter – the ‘Convention’).
Команда юристов GRATA International в России подготовила обзор наиболее важных изменений в законодательстве Российской Федерации, вступающих в силу в 2018 году.
Belarus adopted the revolutionary legal framework for IT companies and blockchain enthusiasts. The President’s Decree on Digital Economy comes into force on March 28, 2018.
News 1 - 20 of 560
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last