The imperfection of the current tax legislation, including the legislation for the past years, generates many tax disputes between taxpayers and tax authorities. The specialists of GRATA International are not only fully versed in the rules of tax law, but are also expert in the rules of court procedure.
The tax team of GRATA Law Firm has solid experience in all aspects of tax practice, including:
- contesting the results of a tax audit - notification on assessed taxes, fees and fines;
- contesting the administrative acts of tax authorities - decisions on imposing administrative charges;
- contesting other illegal actions and omissions of the tax authorities.
Services related to contesting include the collection of evidence for a case, preparing the drafts of appeal and claim, representing the interests of a taxpayer in superior tax authorities, courts and other state bodies.
At the same time, we provide assistance during tax audit and represent the interests of our clients during inspections performed by state security bodies and the prosecutor’s office related to breaches of tax law.
- protection of interests of a subsoil user in a tax dispute that resulted in cancellation of additional taxes, penalties and fines amounting to over 100 million USD;
- participation in a court dispute over accuracy of calculations of excess profit tax;
- successful cancellation of additionally imposed CIT and withholding tax for a non-resident at the source of payment, VAT, royalties and other taxes;
- elimination of illegal actions of financial police in their attempt to conduct financial audits of a large international trading company;
- positive resolution of a dispute with tax authorities regarding a wrongly assessed share in the Production Share Agreement and the attempt to apply enforcement collection of tax owed;
- successful representation of a mining company in court contesting results of a tax audit of a commercial discovery bonus;
- representation of interests of a major telecommunications company in tax authorities in connection with results of a tax audit that assessed additional CIT and VAT in the amount of 80 million tenge;
- cancellation of an administrative charge of 40 million tenge imposed on an oil company in connection with tax discrepancies;
- representation of interests of subsoil users in courts concerning the appeal of results of tax inspection for the sum more than 27 million tenge;
- successful representation of a representative office of Austrian Air Company in the administrative court, which was contesting an imposed administrative charge applied by the tax authority for an additional CIT.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
The exclusive rights of the trademark holder will be granted or entitled when the trademark is officially registered with the General authority of Intellectual property and trademark certificate is issued.
Agriculture is one of the most attractive sectors of Kazakhstan’s economy. Kazakhstan has approximately 24 million hectares of arable land and 188 million hectares of pasture.
On 11-14 October 2018 Elite Global Legal Alliance (EGLA) held its Fourteenth General Meeting & Investment and Financing Innovation Law & Commerce Forum.
On 28 September 2018 An Export Acceleration Mission for Oil, Gas and Energy in Almaty, Kazakhstan was held.
Ibragim Kouky, the Senior Associate at Contract and Real Estate Department participated in the joint FIDIC/ICC Conference (International Federation of Consulting Engineers and International Chamber of Commerce).
In 2017 the International Federation of Consulting Engineers has introduced major amendments to FIDIC 1999 Yellow, Red and Silver Books which have been in use in the construction industry for almost twenty years.
On 20 September 2018, CCI France-Kazakhstan (CCIFK) held a monthly meeting.
Amendments concern business operations relating to performance of works, rendering services and lease relations.
While rendering services, which results the customer can use during the term of the agreement, the date of completing this business operation shall be:
last calendar day of each month of provision of services and the last day of provision of services – if the term of the agreement exceeds one month;
last calendar day of the month, when provision of services is started, and (or) the day of completing of provision of services – if the term of the agreement does not exceed one month.
This Law determines legal conditions of concession, types of state support of concessionaire and regulates social relations arising during conclusion, execution and termination of concession agreements.
This Law determines legal conditions of public-private partnership, ways of its implementation, and regulates social relations arising during preparation and implementation of public-private partnership projects, execution, performance and termination of public-private partnership agreements.
With the approval of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) of the People’s Republic of China, the 10th China Overseas Investment Fair (COIFAIR) was held at the China National Convention Center, PRC on 15-16 September 2018.
On 12 September 2018 Duane Morris & Selvam law venture held Ambassador Series dedicated to Kazakhstan event in Singapore.
As football developes and becomes more popular in Kazakhstan, the legal relationships and arrangements of the parties involved increasingly require compliance with legal formalities. A professional club, sportsman, coach and federations are guided by regulations approved by the international sports organisations and/or concluded contracts.
Although the Kazakhstan securities market is the most developed in Central Asia, its development has been slow compared to the country’s banking sector.
On 5-7 September 2018, a IBA Europe-Caucasus-Asia Forum 2018 was held in Almaty.
Despite the fact that Mongolian legislation provides for a wide range of legal forms of commercial entities (limited liability company or LLC, joint-stock company or JSC and joint venture), in practice, private businessmen and foreign investors mostly prefer LLC or JSC. Representative office of foreign legal entities is also common
Land relations can be a crucial issue for foreign investors considering whether or not to start a business in a particular country. Let us provide you with a summary of land legislation of Belarus and the opportunities it offers for business.
Dmitry Samigullin spoke on Business setup in Russia in Zurich.
On 29 August 2018, the Administration of Almaty (Almaty Mayor’s Office) has officially announced the public tender for participation in PPP project for development of design specification, construction, commissioning, financing, operation and technical maintenance of Almaty Light-Rail Transportation System (the “Project”).
The Law on Amendments Intended to Improve Business Conditions (the “Business Improvement Law”) came into effect on 12 March 2017, except certain provisions.
The purpose of the Business Improvement Law is to further improve the investment climate in line with the general policy of the country to support local entrepreneurs and foreign investors.
News 1 - 20 of 660
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last