The imperfection of the current tax legislation, including the legislation for the past years, generates many tax disputes between taxpayers and tax authorities. The specialists of GRATA International are not only fully versed in the rules of tax law, but are also expert in the rules of court procedure.
The tax team of GRATA Law Firm has solid experience in all aspects of tax practice, including:
- contesting the results of a tax audit - notification on assessed taxes, fees and fines;
- contesting the administrative acts of tax authorities - decisions on imposing administrative charges;
- contesting other illegal actions and omissions of the tax authorities.
Services related to contesting include the collection of evidence for a case, preparing the drafts of appeal and claim, representing the interests of a taxpayer in superior tax authorities, courts and other state bodies.
At the same time, we provide assistance during tax audit and represent the interests of our clients during inspections performed by state security bodies and the prosecutor’s office related to breaches of tax law.
- protection of interests of a subsoil user in a tax dispute that resulted in cancellation of additional taxes, penalties and fines amounting to over 100 million USD;
- participation in a court dispute over accuracy of calculations of excess profit tax;
- successful cancellation of additionally imposed CIT and withholding tax for a non-resident at the source of payment, VAT, royalties and other taxes;
- elimination of illegal actions of financial police in their attempt to conduct financial audits of a large international trading company;
- positive resolution of a dispute with tax authorities regarding a wrongly assessed share in the Production Share Agreement and the attempt to apply enforcement collection of tax owed;
- successful representation of a mining company in court contesting results of a tax audit of a commercial discovery bonus;
- representation of interests of a major telecommunications company in tax authorities in connection with results of a tax audit that assessed additional CIT and VAT in the amount of 80 million tenge;
- cancellation of an administrative charge of 40 million tenge imposed on an oil company in connection with tax discrepancies;
- representation of interests of subsoil users in courts concerning the appeal of results of tax inspection for the sum more than 27 million tenge;
- successful representation of a representative office of Austrian Air Company in the administrative court, which was contesting an imposed administrative charge applied by the tax authority for an additional CIT.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
The EBRD supports the development and strengthening of local capital markets within the framework of the current reform program of Uzbekistan to ensure openness of the economy.
Требования Общего регламента по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation) (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR»), вступившего в силу с 25 мая 2018 г., применяются согласно его статье 3 (2) в том числе к контроллерам и операторам персональных данных, не учрежденным в ЕС, если они обрабатывают персональные данные субъектов персональных данных (физических лиц) находящихся в ЕС
We are proud to announce that Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of GRATA International’s Real Estate, Construction & Insfrastructure, Telecommunications & Transport departments, has been named among the best real estate lawyers in the world and featured in WWL 2018: Real Estate for the second consecutive year.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Общий регламент по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation), принятый Европейским парламентом 17 декабря 2015 г. (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR») вступил в силу с 25 мая 2018 г.
11 декабря 2018 г. пройдет Саммит Лидеров Рынка Инфраструктурных Проектов в г. Москва, Россия.
On 23 November 2018, Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner of the GRATA International law firm, spoke at the CLF 2018 Forum on Construction Regulation.
On 8-9 November 2018, the XIII Kazakhstan Forum of Corporate Lawyers was held in Almaty.
On November 9, the Parliament passed a package of changes introducing simplifications in tax and business law aimed for entrepreneurs.
On November 14, President Andrzej Duda endorsed an act introducing 9% rate of corporate income tax (CIT) for small businesses as well as certain changes regarding tax deductible costs in case of acquisition and exploitation of passenger cars by companies.
On November 25 the provisions will come into force that will allow businesses to continue operations despite the death of the enterprise’s owner.
8-9 ноября 2018 г. состоялся XIII Казахстанский форум корпоративных юристов в г. Алматы.
В очередной раз GRATA International получила высокую оценку от Asialaw profiles, одного из ведущих справочников по лучшим юридическим фирмам в Азиатско-Тихоокеанском регионе.
For another consecutive year GRATA International received high appraisals from Asialaw profiles, one of
the leading legal guides to top law firms and practitioners in Asia-Pacific.
The importance of the so-called natural monopolies in Kazakhstan can be seen in the fact that some of Kazakhstan’s largest and most powerful corporate empires, such as the KEGOC (national transmission grid operator) and KTZ (national railway company), are officially subject to natural monopoly regulation.
22 октября 2018 г. Президент Российской Федерации подписал Указ № 592 "О применении специальных экономических мер в связи с недружественными действиями Украины в отношении граждан и юридических лиц Российской Федерации", согласно которому федеральным органам государственной власти, органам государственной власти субъектов Российской Федерации, иным государственным органам, органам местного самоуправления, организациям и физическим лицам, находящимся под юрисдикцией России, необходимо в своей деятельности исходить из того, что со дня вступления данного Указа в отношении отдельных физических и юридических лиц, определенных Правительством РФ, применяются специальные экономические меры.
On 22 October 2018, the President of the Russian Federation signed Decree No. 592 "On the application of special economic measures in connection with the unfriendly actions of Ukraine in relation to citizens and legal entities of the Russian Federation", according to which the federal government bodies, local authorities, organizations and individuals under the jurisdiction of Russia need in their activities to proceed from the fact that from the date of entry into force of this Decree special economic measures are applied in respect of certain individuals and entities identified by the Government of the Russian Federation.
IFLR1000 has released its 2019 rankings identifying leading firms and lawyers worldwide.
GRATA International has been ranked in 7 jurisdictions in Europe and Asia: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. IFLR1000 paid special attention to GRATA’s wide geographical coverage in Central Asia and Eastern Europe.
Dmitri Papadopoulos, Executive Director of GRATA International Association - a Swiss Verein, was on an official visit to Almaty on 5 November 2018.
We are happy to announce that we have now become GRATA International Association - a Swiss Verein registered in Switzerland.
After successfully passing the exam and obtaining an advocate license, Shaimerden Chikanayev joined the Almaty City Bar and received the status of an advocate, granting him the right to protect the interests of his clients now not only in civil but also in criminal and administrative matters.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner of GRATA International, gave a presentation at the trading session organised by the Malaysian Embassy in Kazakhstan for Malaysian companies interested in entering the Kazakhstani market.
The Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) was launched on the 5 July 2018. It is a financial hub located in Astana, Kazakhstan. The aims of AIFC are to attract investment and bring in clients from Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
On 5 October 2018 Joint AmCham/BCC Career Fair was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
News 1 - 24 of 684
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last