The imperfection of the current tax legislation, including the legislation for the past years, generates many tax disputes between taxpayers and tax authorities. The specialists of GRATA Law Firm are not only fully versed in the rules of tax law, but are also professional in the rules of court procedure.
The tax team of GRATA Law Firm has solid experience in all aspects of tax practice:
- contesting the results of a tax audit - notification on assessed taxes, fees and fines;
- contesting the administrative acts of tax authorities - decisions on imposing administrative charges;
- contesting other illegal actions and omissions of the tax authorities.
Services on contesting include the collection of evidence for a case, preparing the drafts of appeal and claim, representing the interests of a taxpayer in superior tax authorities, courts and other state bodies.
At the same time, we render services on assistance during tax audit and represent the interests of our clients during inspections performed by state security bodies and the prosecutor’s office related to breaches of tax law.
- protection of interests of a subsoil user in a tax dispute that resulted in cancellation of additional taxes, penalties and fines amounting to over 100 million USD;
- participation in a court dispute over accuracy of calculations of excess profit tax;
- successful cancellation of additionally imposed CIT and withholding tax for a non-resident at the source of payment, VAT, royalties and other taxes;
- elimination of illegal actions of financial police in their attempt to conduct financial audits of a large international trading company;
- positive resolution of a dispute with tax authorities regarding a wrongly assessed share in the Production Share Agreement and the attempt to apply enforcement collection of tax owed;
- successful representation of a mining company in court contesting results of a tax audit of a commercial discovery bonus;
- representation of interests of a major telecommunications company in tax authorities in connection with results of a tax audit that assessed additional CIT and VAT in the amount of 80 million tenge;
- cancellation of an administrative charge of 40 million tenge imposed on an oil company in connection with tax discrepancies;
- successful representation of interests of a subsoil user in courts concerning the appeal of notification of tax authority about an additional charge of a share of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the section of production for about 2 million US dollars;
- successful representation of interests of a large brewing company before Tax committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning the appeal of notification of tax authority by results of tax inspections in the sum of more than 900 million tenge;
- representation of interests of subsoil users in courts concerning the appeal of results of tax inspection for the sum more than 27 million tenge;
- successful representation of a representative office of Austrian Air Company in the administrative court, which was contesting an imposed administrative charge applied by the tax authority for an additional CIT.
|Assel Ilyasova||Partner, Head of Tax Law Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Eldar Ziatdinov||Director of Tax Law Department, GRATA International (Moscow), Representative in Kazan||Moscow, Kazan||Inquire|
|Nurbol Kissembayev||Partner, Branch Director||Aktau||Inquire|
|Nodir Yuldashev||Partner, Construction, Telecommunications, Transport, Tax and Litigation||Tashkent||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Lately, obtaining a refund of value added tax (VAT) incurred in connection with the export of goods has been a pressing issue.
On 26 December 2012 the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan signed the Law On Amendments to Some Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Taxation.
News 1 - 2 of 2
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last