The imperfection of the current tax legislation, including the legislation for the past years, generates many tax disputes between taxpayers and tax authorities. The specialists of GRATA Law Firm are not only fully versed in the rules of tax law, but are also professional in the rules of court procedure.
The tax team of GRATA Law Firm has solid experience in all aspects of tax practice:
- contesting the results of a tax audit - notification on assessed taxes, fees and fines;
- contesting the administrative acts of tax authorities - decisions on imposing administrative charges;
- contesting other illegal actions and omissions of the tax authorities.
Services on contesting include the collection of evidence for a case, preparing the drafts of appeal and claim, representing the interests of a taxpayer in superior tax authorities, courts and other state bodies.
At the same time, we render services on assistance during tax audit and represent the interests of our clients during inspections performed by state security bodies and the prosecutor’s office related to breaches of tax law.
- protection of interests of a subsoil user in a tax dispute that resulted in cancellation of additional taxes, penalties and fines amounting to over 100 million USD;
- participation in a court dispute over accuracy of calculations of excess profit tax;
- successful cancellation of additionally imposed CIT and withholding tax for a non-resident at the source of payment, VAT, royalties and other taxes;
- elimination of illegal actions of financial police in their attempt to conduct financial audits of a large international trading company;
- positive resolution of a dispute with tax authorities regarding a wrongly assessed share in the Production Share Agreement and the attempt to apply enforcement collection of tax owed;
- successful representation of a mining company in court contesting results of a tax audit of a commercial discovery bonus;
- representation of interests of a major telecommunications company in tax authorities in connection with results of a tax audit that assessed additional CIT and VAT in the amount of 80 million tenge;
- cancellation of an administrative charge of 40 million tenge imposed on an oil company in connection with tax discrepancies;
- successful representation of interests of a subsoil user in courts concerning the appeal of notification of tax authority about an additional charge of a share of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the section of production for about 2 million US dollars;
- successful representation of interests of a large brewing company before Tax committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning the appeal of notification of tax authority by results of tax inspections in the sum of more than 900 million tenge;
- representation of interests of subsoil users in courts concerning the appeal of results of tax inspection for the sum more than 27 million tenge;
- successful representation of a representative office of Austrian Air Company in the administrative court, which was contesting an imposed administrative charge applied by the tax authority for an additional CIT.
|Assel Ilyasova||Partner, Head of Tax Law Department||Almaty||Inquire|
|Eldar Ziatdinov||Director of Tax Law Department, GRATA International (Moscow)||Moscow||Inquire|
|Nurbol Kissembayev||Partner, Branch Director||Aktau||Inquire|
|Nodir Yuldashev||Partner, Construction, Telecommunications, Transport, Tax and Litigation||Tashkent||Inquire|
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Kaisar Yegizbayev is a lawyer at the Tax law department of GRATA International. He gave a guest lecture to Caspian University students on the 'BEPS. OECD actions against aggressive tax planning'.
State revenue committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – the ‘SRC’) clarified...
ICLG (International Comparative Legal Guide) to: Corporate Tax 2016, 12 edition Author: Assel Ilyassova
Arctic Group International LLP recommends GRATA Law firm LLP as a reliable and responsible legal advisor
JTI Kazakhstan LLP recommends GRATA Law firm as a tax adviser
The roundtable "On de-criminalization of tax violations based on the practice of the tax jurisdictions of OECD member-states" was held on June 5, 2015.
On 24 April 2015, in Almaty there has been a workshop titled: 'Kazakhstan - Russia: legal aspects of doing business' held by GRATA Law Firm.
Grata Law Firm is ‘held in high regard’ by foreign clients and international law firms, and its large, full-service team.
In 2014, 17 laws were adopted to amend the Code of Kazakhstan 'On Taxes and Other Obligatory Payments to the Budget' (Tax Code). Most of the amendments become effective from 1 January 2015. GRATA Law Firm hereby provides for the brief review of main amendments. For your convenience, amendments introduced to the Tax Code are given in a special table. We value your time and hope that the information provided will be useful for you.
A new Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan 'On Administrative Violations', dated 5 July 2014 and a new Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, dated 3 July 2014 entered into force on 1 January 2015.
In this article, we will review the main concepts of taxation relating to the types of legal entities in Kazakhstan.
In a society where the ownership of the subsoil belongs to the State, the latter must play at least a dual role.
It can be said that the VAT refund procedure is complicated and time-consuming as it requires numerous documents to be confirmed and involves a tax audit of the taxpayer and its suppliers.
The performance of operations under subsoil use contracts is currently strictly supervised by the State, in particular the issues concerning the completeness and timeliness of the performance by mining companies of their tax obligations.
One of the brightest examples of tax policy changes relating to Kazakhstan subsoil users is a situation with the excess profit tax (EPT) calculation.
The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan ‘On Transfer Pricing’ (hereinafter – the ‘Law’) contains references to the regulatory legal acts
Hereby we would like to provide brief comments to amendments to the Law ‘On Transfer Pricing’, as well as the description of difficulties that may be faced in the course of applying the amendments.
This method has been based on available methodological base for the control of transfer pricing and is designed to calculate and minimise the risks associated with transfer pricing.
The Kazakhstan Tax authorities inspect the matters of transfer pricing.
Lately, obtaining a refund of value added tax (VAT) incurred in connection with the export of goods has been a pressing issue.
On 26 December 2012 the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan signed the Law On Amendments to Some Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Taxation.
On 27 February 2013 the Supreme Court introduced the Regulatory Resolution 'On the Judicial Practice of Application of the Tax Law' (hereinafter - the 'Resolution').
During the 27th session of the Foreign Investors’ Council held on 12 June 2014, the President of Kazakhstan Mr. Nursultan Nazarbayev announced the establishment of a unilateral visa-free regime for citizens of 10 countries.
The Republic of Kazakhstan possesses significant reserves of oil and gas, which means the oil and gas industry holds the leading position in the structure of the national economy. Therefore the tax system in this sector needs to provide stability, transparency and progressivity,, take into account the general global situation and encourage investment.
Kazakhstan ratified the Double Taxation Treaties signed with the United Arab Emirates and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
On March 31 the first meeting of the Working Group on the Improvement of Subsoil-User Taxation was held at the House of Ministries in Astana. The meeting was organized by the Taxpayers Association of Kazakhstan (APK ).
The seminar explored the various issues in depth and focused on problems that customers often encounter in practice.
Astana Tax Working Group of the American Chamber of Commerce in Kazakhstan (AmCham) held its meeting on February 17, 2014.
The event was attended by officials from the Tax Committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including Deputy Chairman Argyn Kipchakov, Head of Large Taxpayers Department Daniyar Zhanalinov and Head of VAT Administration Department Nurlan Rakhimgaliev, as well as senior experts of several TC departments.
On 6-7 November 2014 the IX Kazakh Forum of Corporate Lawyers was held in Almaty.
News 1 - 30 of 30
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last