The imperfection of the current tax legislation, including the legislation for the past years, generates many tax disputes between taxpayers and tax authorities. The specialists of GRATA Law Firm are not only fully versed in the rules of tax law, but are also professional in the rules of court procedure.
The tax team of GRATA Law Firm has solid experience in all aspects of tax practice:
- contesting the results of a tax audit - notification on assessed taxes, fees and fines;
- contesting the administrative acts of tax authorities - decisions on imposing administrative charges;
- contesting other illegal actions and omissions of the tax authorities.
Services on contesting include the collection of evidence for a case, preparing the drafts of appeal and claim, representing the interests of a taxpayer in superior tax authorities, courts and other state bodies.
At the same time, we render services on assistance during tax audit and represent the interests of our clients during inspections performed by state security bodies and the prosecutor’s office related to breaches of tax law.
- protection of interests of a subsoil user in a tax dispute that resulted in cancellation of additional taxes, penalties and fines amounting to over 100 million USD;
- participation in a court dispute over accuracy of calculations of excess profit tax;
- successful cancellation of additionally imposed CIT and withholding tax for a non-resident at the source of payment, VAT, royalties and other taxes;
- elimination of illegal actions of financial police in their attempt to conduct financial audits of a large international trading company;
- positive resolution of a dispute with tax authorities regarding a wrongly assessed share in the Production Share Agreement and the attempt to apply enforcement collection of tax owed;
- successful representation of a mining company in court contesting results of a tax audit of a commercial discovery bonus;
- representation of interests of a major telecommunications company in tax authorities in connection with results of a tax audit that assessed additional CIT and VAT in the amount of 80 million tenge;
- cancellation of an administrative charge of 40 million tenge imposed on an oil company in connection with tax discrepancies;
- successful representation of interests of a subsoil user in courts concerning the appeal of notification of tax authority about an additional charge of a share of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the section of production for about 2 million US dollars;
- successful representation of interests of a large brewing company before Tax committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning the appeal of notification of tax authority by results of tax inspections in the sum of more than 900 million tenge;
- representation of interests of subsoil users in courts concerning the appeal of results of tax inspection for the sum more than 27 million tenge;
- successful representation of a representative office of Austrian Air Company in the administrative court, which was contesting an imposed administrative charge applied by the tax authority for an additional CIT.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
For yet another consecutive year, GRATA International enters the leading legal rankings and continues to be among the most outstanding law firms in Central Asia and the Caspian region.
The Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) approved on 29 January 2019 the Recommendations on the Guidelines for the Selection of Trade Names of Medicinal Products and the Guidelines for Manufacturing of Finished Dosage Forms of Medicinal Products in order to eliminate differences in the requirements for the manufacturing of finished dosage forms of medicines in Eurasian Member States Economic Union (EAEU).
Коллегия Евразийской экономической комиссии утвердила 29 января 2019 г. Рекомендации о Руководстве по выбору торговых наименований лекарственных препаратов и о Руководстве по производству готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в целях устранения различий в требованиях, предъявляемых к процессам производства готовых лекарственных форм лекарственных препаратов в государствах - членах Евразийского экономического союза (ЕАЭС).
On 2 July 2018, the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 166-VI "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Insurance and Insurance Activities, Securities Market" was adopted. Among other things, this legislative act has amended the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 13 May 2003 No. 415-II "On Joint Stock Companies" (the "JSC Law").
We are glad to announce that one of GRATA International’s successful projects has been selected as of the winners of China Business Law Journal: Deals of the Year 2018.
Though Kazakhstan adopted relevant legislation for domestic (such as the governed Kazakh law) Islamic banking transactions more than seven years ago and has a Muslim population of over 11 million, Islamic finance is still in the early stages of its development and Islamic products are rarely used. According to the National Bank of Kazakhstan (NBK), as of 2018, the share of Islamic banking assets account for only 0.16% of total banking sector assets in Kazakhstan.
GRATA International is pleased to announce that on January 18-24, 2019, Mr. Andrew Gamble and Mr. Dimitri Papadopoulos visited Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The following is an outline of some of the major legal developments in Kazakhstan last year, and a selection of key changes that we anticipate for business, including Islamic finance, for this year.
Zulfiya Akchurina (representative of GRATA International in USA) and Mikhail Abdulov (lawyer) contributed to the report Doing Business 2019: Training for Reform.
We are glad to announce that GRATA International has been shortlisted for Law firm of the year: Russia, Ukraine and the CIS.
On the 29th November 2018, Almaty, the former capital and the largest city in Kazakhstan, received responses from nine international consortia, consisting of companies from Japan, France, Russia, Turkey, Spain, China and Kazakhstan, to participate in the first stage of the open tender of the Almaty Light Rail Transit (LRT) public-private partnership (PPP) project.
Постановлением Правительства Российской Федерации от 29 декабря 2018 г. № 1716-83 введен запрет на ввоз в Россию товаров, страной происхождения либо страной отправления которых является Украина или которые перемещаются через территорию Украины.
A ban on the import into Russia of certain commodities, the country of origin of which is Ukraine or which move through the territory of Ukraine was introduced by the Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 29 December 2018 No. 1716-83.
Let us introduce you this 'Doing Business in Kazakhstan' publication prepared by GRATA International law firm. The information in the brochure is based on theoretical and practical information available as of June 2018. The content of this brochure is intended for foreign businessmen and companies seeking to do business in Kazakhstan.
26 ноября 2018 года управление Роскомнадзора по Центральному федеральному округу возбудило административное дело в отношении компании Google, LLC в связи с неисполнением компанией обязанности подключиться к федеральной государственной информационной системе, содержащей перечень информационных ресурсов, информационно-телекоммуникационных сетей, доступ к которым ограничен на территории России (ФГИС).
On 26 November 2018, the Office of the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor) in the Central Federal District initiated an administrative case against Google, LLC due to the company's failure to fulfill its obligations to connect to the federal state information system containing a list of information resources, information and telecommunication networks, access to which is restricted in Russia (FGIS ).
On 7 December 2018 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Partner of GRATA International law firm, gave guest lecture at Suleyman Demirel University in Almaty.
The EBRD supports the development and strengthening of local capital markets within the framework of the current reform program of Uzbekistan to ensure openness of the economy.
Требования Общего регламента по защите данных (General Data Protection Regulation) (далее - «Регламент» или «GDPR»), вступившего в силу с 25 мая 2018 г., применяются согласно его статье 3 (2) в том числе к контроллерам и операторам персональных данных, не учрежденным в ЕС, если они обрабатывают персональные данные субъектов персональных данных (физических лиц) находящихся в ЕС
We are proud to announce that Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of GRATA International’s Real Estate, Construction & Insfrastructure, Telecommunications & Transport departments, has been named among the best real estate lawyers in the world and featured in WWL 2018: Real Estate for the second consecutive year.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
News 1 - 21 of 701
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last