GRATA Azerbaijan LLC is a member of GRATA International and was incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 13 September 2005.
Today, clients have more than 200 professionals in 22 countries at their disposal. GRATA International is a global team representing different countries and nationalities, and which has experience advising on all areas of law.
Since its establishment, GRATA Azerbaijan has provided legal services to companies engaged in business in different fields of industry, including oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, communications, banks and international financing, transportation and construction.
With its 11-member team, GRATA Azerbaijan LLC provides full legal support to international and local companies in Azerbaijan. The lawyers at GRATA have extensive experience in corporate and employment law, including international M&A transactions, migration, tax and financial laws, IP laws and dispute resolution.
43 Samad Vurgun Str., World Business Center, 17th floor, Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1014
+994 12 597 4833; +99412 597 4853
Since its establishment in April 1992, GRATA International has gained experience in the following areas of practice.
Advising a major UK-based energy service company on their transfer of business in Azerbaijan to another major international business player (Legal counsel/adviser for the seller of assets: dealt with novation agreements, assignment agreements, advising on corporate and employment actions to be taken, etc.);
Advising a number of leading international companies on their employee share schemes;
Preparing an environmental law compliance matrix for one of the major oil companies in Azerbaijan;
Implementing the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project (oil) - providing legal opinion on land issues related to the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project;
Establishing an entity for an oil company - acting as a legal counsel for the founder (providing legal advice on corporate law requirements, preparing all documents for incorporation, acting as a legal representative, incorporating and registering the local office of the oil company);
Providing legal advice to an international investment bank on financial and tax regime of the oil and gas industry as well specifics of investments in oil and gassector in Azerbaijan/under Azerbaijani laws.
- Due diligence of a major mobile phone operator of Azerbaijan prior to the acquisition of a facility;Providing legal advice on IP Telephony regulations to a Chinese investment holding company;
- Advising an international Chinese company, a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and systems, (branch office in Baku) on employment contracts;
- Advising a Swedish telecommunications equipment company on the import of IT equipment;
- Advising the main American cable and satellite TV channel on licencing matters;
- Providing legal services on various matters to a German multinational software corporation;
- Advising Caspian SAT Company on matters of obtaining a licence;
- Advising SAP company (through SAP AZ LLC) on various legal matters, including contracts, tax and customs law;
- Providing legal support to a leading world company that developed the electronic platform for drivers and passengers in corporate, tax, and financial legal matters.
- Advising a global transportation company on the requirement of cash registers on its vehicles;
- Advising a regional cargo carrier on antitrust matters and obtaining acquisition clearance from state regulators;
- Advising a global passenger carrier on conducting a promotional lottery;
- Legal support and representation of an aircraft manufacturer in signing contracts for operational and financial leasing of aircraft, which also included pledge of aircraft in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Advising and representation of a truck distribution company on pretrial dispute settlement of a contractor agreement.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
Legal 500 has recently released its annual rankings of international law firms – Legal 500 EMEA 2019.
Поправки (вступившие в силу с 8 февраля 2019 года) касаются возможности регистрации изменений в учредительных и регистрационных документах ООО путем подачи электронного заявления на веб-страницу Министерства налогов.
28 февраля 2019 года Президент Азербайджанской Республики издал указ о дополнительных мерах в связи с решением вопросов по проблемным кредитам физических лиц в стране. Указ нацелен на компенсацию финансовых потерь физических лиц по долгам в иностранной валюте, возникших в результате девальвации маната, а также на оказание государственной поддержки в решении проблемных кредитов.
Согласно Указу Президента от 8 февраля 2019 года, с 1 марта 2019 года минимальная месячная заработная плата в Азербайджанской Республике была увеличена до 180 манатов
В соответствии с поправками, внесенными в Закон «О полном страховании вкладов» от 19 февраля 2019 года, срок полного страхования продлен еще на один год (т.е. до 1 марта 2020 года).
Постановлением №56 от 18 февраля 2019 года Кабинет министров утвердил критерии для деятельности в нефтегазовой сфере и негосударственном секторе для целей статей 101.1-4 Налогового кодекса и 14.7 Закона о социальном страховании.
On 13 March 2019, AHK Azerbaijan hosted a joint workshop with Grata International law firm’s Baku office (GRATA Azerbaijan) for AHK members. The meeting was opened with a welcoming speech of Mr. Tobias Baumann, Executive Director of AHK Azerbaijan and Ms. Ummi Jalilova, Partner of GRATA International and Director for Azerbaijan.
The meeting was dedicated to Public Procurement Law Changes and E-Procurement.
AmCham Workshop on “Employer Branding” for HR professionals (February 28, 2019) was hosted by Nobel Oil and AmCham HR Committee had prepared an interesting workshop for developing young HRs within the framework of “Enhancing Young HR professional’s capabilities” project.
On February 9th, Baku State University organized 2019 Jessup Azerbaijan, qualifying round of Philipp C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
Over the 18-19 February during the INTA Conference, leading legal and business experts and government officials discussed practical tips and concrete tools to adapt to the challenges raised, and enabled attendees to netter equip themselves to navigate the changing European political and legal landscape.
The amendments (effective as of 08 February 2019) are about the possibility to register the changes in the foundation and registration documents of an LLC via submission of an electronic application to the webpage of Ministry of Taxes.
On February 28, 2019, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan issued a decree on additional measures in connection with the resolution of the issues on problem loans of individuals in the country. The Decree aims at compensating financial losses of individuals on debts in foreign currencies incurred as a result of AZN’s devaluation as well as providing state support to resolve problem loans.
According to Presidential Order dated 8 February 2019, starting from March 1st, 2019, minimum monthly salary in the Republic of Azerbaijan has been increased to AZN 180.
According to the Amendments made to Law on Deposits’ Full Insurance dated 19 February 2019, the term of full insurance has been extended for one more year (i.e. up to March 1st, 2020).
By Resolution #56 dated 18 February 2019, the Cabinet of Ministers approved criteria for determination of oil and gas activities and non-public sector for the purposes of article 101.1-4 of the Tax Code and 14.7 of Social Insurance Law.
News 1 - 16 of 106
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last