GRATA Azerbaijan LLC is a member of GRATA International and was incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 13 September 2005.
Today, clients have more than 200 professionals in 22 countries at their disposal. GRATA International is a global team representing different countries and nationalities, and which has experience advising on all areas of law.
Since its establishment, GRATA Azerbaijan has provided legal services to companies engaged in business in different fields of industry, including oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, communications, banks and international financing, transportation and construction.
With its 11-member team, GRATA Azerbaijan LLC provides full legal support to international and local companies in Azerbaijan. The lawyers at GRATA have extensive experience in corporate and employment law, including international M&A transactions, migration, tax and financial laws, IP laws and dispute resolution.
43 Samad Vurgun Str., World Business Center, 17th floor, Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1014
+994 12 597 4833; +99412 597 4853
Since its establishment in April 1992, GRATA International has gained experience in the following areas of practice.
Advising a major UK-based energy service company on their transfer of business in Azerbaijan to another major international business player (Legal counsel/adviser for the seller of assets: dealt with novation agreements, assignment agreements, advising on corporate and employment actions to be taken, etc.);
Advising a number of leading international companies on their employee share schemes;
Preparing an environmental law compliance matrix for one of the major oil companies in Azerbaijan;
Implementing the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project (oil) - providing legal opinion on land issues related to the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project;
Establishing an entity for an oil company - acting as a legal counsel for the founder (providing legal advice on corporate law requirements, preparing all documents for incorporation, acting as a legal representative, incorporating and registering the local office of the oil company);
Providing legal advice to an international investment bank on financial and tax regime of the oil and gas industry as well specifics of investments in oil and gassector in Azerbaijan/under Azerbaijani laws.
- Due diligence of a major mobile phone operator of Azerbaijan prior to the acquisition of a facility;Providing legal advice on IP Telephony regulations to a Chinese investment holding company;
- Advising an international Chinese company, a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and systems, (branch office in Baku) on employment contracts;
- Advising a Swedish telecommunications equipment company on the import of IT equipment;
- Advising the main American cable and satellite TV channel on licencing matters;
- Providing legal services on various matters to a German multinational software corporation;
- Advising Caspian SAT Company on matters of obtaining a licence;
- Advising SAP company (through SAP AZ LLC) on various legal matters, including contracts, tax and customs law;
- Providing legal support to a leading world company that developed the electronic platform for drivers and passengers in corporate, tax, and financial legal matters.
- Advising a global transportation company on the requirement of cash registers on its vehicles;
- Advising a regional cargo carrier on antitrust matters and obtaining acquisition clearance from state regulators;
- Advising a global passenger carrier on conducting a promotional lottery;
- Legal support and representation of an aircraft manufacturer in signing contracts for operational and financial leasing of aircraft, which also included pledge of aircraft in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Advising and representation of a truck distribution company on pretrial dispute settlement of a contractor agreement.
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last
On 5 December 2018, AHK Azerbaijan organised the AHK-Impuls event for its member companies at Hyatt Meeting and Conference Centre. The current event was dedicated to the ongoing reforms in the labour market in Azerbaijan and was attended by the honorary guest speaker Mr Sahil Babayev, Minister of Labour and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
On 29 November 2018, the German-Azerbaijani Chamber of Commerce (AHK Azerbaijan) organised the meeting of the Human Resources and Vocational Education & Training (HR and VET) Working Group at the AHK Azerbaijan office.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
On 14-15 November 2018 the Bosco Conference – InvestPro, Dubai (UAE) took place in Dubai.
On 14 November 2018, the ADIPEC (Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference) was organised under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed AL Nahyan, President of the UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
On 1 November 2018 the Monthly Members’ Meeting of the BBG took place at Four Seasons Hotel.
GRATA International in Azerbaijan joined AmCham Members’ October Luncheon, organised with the support of Mastercard.
On 31 October 2018, AHK Azerbaijan organised the next AHK-Impuls event for its member companies at Hyatt Meeting & Conference Centre.
On 23-26 October, Baku Expo Centre hosted the BakuBuild Azerbaijan 2018 exhibition which is one of the most significant events in the area of construction, design and architecture.
IFLR1000 has released its 2019 rankings identifying leading firms and lawyers worldwide.
GRATA International has been ranked in 7 jurisdictions in Europe and Asia: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. IFLR1000 paid special attention to GRATA’s wide geographical coverage in Central Asia and Eastern Europe.
On October 2, 2018, Milli Majlis (Parliament) of the Republic of Azerbaijan passed a Law on “Amendments to the Code of Execution of Sentences” (“Amendment Law”).
GRATA Azerbaijan joined The Azerbaijan-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK Azerbaijan) and will benefit from its developed network.
GRATA Azerbaijan joined France-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIAF) suppose that this membership will positively contribute to the market perception and increase visibility among consumers, organizations and other business owners.
On 24-25 September 2018 the Baku E-Trade Forum was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
On 5-7 September 2018, a IBA Europe-Caucasus-Asia Forum 2018 will be held in Almaty.
The event was held by the Embassy of Azerbaijan to China to mark the National Independence Day.
The event brought together Azerbaijanis living in China, representatives of various state organisations and companies from Azerbaijan and foreign states.
The 5th Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi-2018 (www.caspianenergyforum.com) has been held on May 8th, 2018.
12th Azerbaijan International Agriculture Exhibition (Caspian-Agro 2018) / 24th Azerbaijan International Food Industry Exhibition (WorldFood Azerbaijan 2018) was held on 16-18 May 2018 and was attended by Mr. Emil Bashirov the Lawyer, GRATA Azerbaijan.
News 1 - 18 of 88
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last