GRATA Azerbaijan LLC is a member of GRATA International and was incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 13 September 2005.
Today, clients have more than 200 professionals in 22 countries at their disposal. GRATA International is a global team representing different countries and nationalities, and which has experience advising on all areas of law.
Since its establishment, GRATA Azerbaijan has provided legal services to companies engaged in business in different fields of industry, including oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, communications, banks and international financing, transportation and construction.
With its 11-member team, GRATA Azerbaijan LLC provides full legal support to international and local companies in Azerbaijan. The lawyers at GRATA have extensive experience in corporate and employment law, including international M&A transactions, migration, tax and financial laws, IP laws and dispute resolution.
43 Samad Vurgun Str., World Business Center, 17th floor, Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1014
+994 12 597 4833; +99412 597 4853
Since its establishment in April 1992, GRATA International has gained experience in the following areas of practice.
Advising a major UK-based energy service company on their transfer of business in Azerbaijan to another major international business player (Legal counsel/adviser for the seller of assets: dealt with novation agreements, assignment agreements, advising on corporate and employment actions to be taken, etc.);
Advising a number of leading international companies on their employee share schemes;
Preparing an environmental law compliance matrix for one of the major oil companies in Azerbaijan;
Implementing the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project (oil) - providing legal opinion on land issues related to the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project;
Establishing an entity for an oil company - acting as a legal counsel for the founder (providing legal advice on corporate law requirements, preparing all documents for incorporation, acting as a legal representative, incorporating and registering the local office of the oil company);
Providing legal advice to an international investment bank on financial and tax regime of the oil and gas industry as well specifics of investments in oil and gassector in Azerbaijan/under Azerbaijani laws.
- Due diligence of a major mobile phone operator of Azerbaijan prior to the acquisition of a facility;Providing legal advice on IP Telephony regulations to a Chinese investment holding company;
- Advising an international Chinese company, a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and systems, (branch office in Baku) on employment contracts;
- Advising a Swedish telecommunications equipment company on the import of IT equipment;
- Advising the main American cable and satellite TV channel on licencing matters;
- Providing legal services on various matters to a German multinational software corporation;
- Advising Caspian SAT Company on matters of obtaining a licence;
- Advising SAP company (through SAP AZ LLC) on various legal matters, including contracts, tax and customs law;
- Providing legal support to a leading world company that developed the electronic platform for drivers and passengers in corporate, tax, and financial legal matters.
- Advising a global transportation company on the requirement of cash registers on its vehicles;
- Advising a regional cargo carrier on antitrust matters and obtaining acquisition clearance from state regulators;
- Advising a global passenger carrier on conducting a promotional lottery;
- Legal support and representation of an aircraft manufacturer in signing contracts for operational and financial leasing of aircraft, which also included pledge of aircraft in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Advising and representation of a truck distribution company on pretrial dispute settlement of a contractor agreement.
First | Prev. | 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Last
On June 20, 2017 the AmCham Legal and Compliance Working Group Meeting dedicated to Compliance Best Practices was conducted in hotel “JW Marriott Absheron”, Baku, Azerbaijan.
Issues related to the introduction of compulsory health insurance in Azerbaijan were discussed on June 14 during the business forum organized by the Caspian European Club and Caspian American Club with the participation of Zaur Aliyev, Director of State Agency on Compulsory Medical Insurance under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The act which primarily governs international arbitration in the Republic of Azerbaijan is the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on International Commercial Arbitration, dated 18 November 1999 (“Law on Arbitration”). The Law on Arbitration is completely based on the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration 1985 (“Model Law”). Republic of Azerbaijan has ratified the United Nations Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards with no reservation (“New York Convention”).
Republic of Azerbaijan has also signed and ratified the European Convention on International Commercial Arbitration, 1961 (with no reservation). The Civil Procedure Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated 1 September 2000 (“CPC”) also regulates matters related to the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in the Republic of Azerbaijan and replicates provisions of the New York Convention in this respect.
On 20-24 May 2017, the 139th Meeting of the International Trademark Association was held in Barcelona. Over 10,000 participants from 150 countries visited the world's ‘capital of trademarks’.
The forum, which was held On April 25, 2017 in Baku, was organized by Baku Higher School of Oil jointly with the British company “Confidence Capital Ltd” with the support of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR).
Key issues concerning the changes in taxation were discussed at the business forum on April 19, 2017 in Baku which was organized by the Caspian European Club and Caspian American Club with participation of the Deputy Minister of Taxes of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Ilkin Veliyev.
GRATA International's representative in the USA, Zulfiya Akchurina participated in the event
Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on approval of “Rule for the refund of the value added tax paid by natural persons during shopping festivals for the goods that are not intended for commercial or production purposes, and that are purchased in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan”
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan signed a decree on “additional measures with regard to strengthening the position of the Republic of Azerbaijan as Digital Trade Hub and expansion of foreign trade transactions” on February 22, 2017
On February 10, 2017, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan signed a decree “on additional measures regarding the improvement of management in the fields of standardization, metrology, accreditation and protection of the patent right objects”
News 51 - 60 of 90
First | Prev. | 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Last