GRATA Azerbaijan LLC is a member of GRATA International and was incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 13 September 2005.
Today, clients have more than 200 professionals in 22 countries at their disposal. GRATA International is a global team representing different countries and nationalities, and which has experience advising on all areas of law.
Since its establishment, GRATA Azerbaijan has provided legal services to companies engaged in business in different fields of industry, including oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, communications, banks and international financing, transportation and construction.
With its 11-member team, GRATA Azerbaijan LLC provides full legal support to international and local companies in Azerbaijan. The lawyers at GRATA have extensive experience in corporate and employment law, including international M&A transactions, migration, tax and financial laws, IP laws and dispute resolution.
43 Samad Vurgun Str., World Business Center, 17th floor, Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1014
+994 12 597 4833; +99412 597 4853
Since its establishment in April 1992, GRATA International has gained experience in the following areas of practice.
Advising a major UK-based energy service company on their transfer of business in Azerbaijan to another major international business player (Legal counsel/adviser for the seller of assets: dealt with novation agreements, assignment agreements, advising on corporate and employment actions to be taken, etc.);
Advising a number of leading international companies on their employee share schemes;
Preparing an environmental law compliance matrix for one of the major oil companies in Azerbaijan;
Implementing the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project (oil) - providing legal opinion on land issues related to the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project;
Establishing an entity for an oil company - acting as a legal counsel for the founder (providing legal advice on corporate law requirements, preparing all documents for incorporation, acting as a legal representative, incorporating and registering the local office of the oil company);
Providing legal advice to an international investment bank on financial and tax regime of the oil and gas industry as well specifics of investments in oil and gassector in Azerbaijan/under Azerbaijani laws.
- Due diligence of a major mobile phone operator of Azerbaijan prior to the acquisition of a facility;Providing legal advice on IP Telephony regulations to a Chinese investment holding company;
- Advising an international Chinese company, a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and systems, (branch office in Baku) on employment contracts;
- Advising a Swedish telecommunications equipment company on the import of IT equipment;
- Advising the main American cable and satellite TV channel on licencing matters;
- Providing legal services on various matters to a German multinational software corporation;
- Advising Caspian SAT Company on matters of obtaining a licence;
- Advising SAP company (through SAP AZ LLC) on various legal matters, including contracts, tax and customs law;
- Providing legal support to a leading world company that developed the electronic platform for drivers and passengers in corporate, tax, and financial legal matters.
- Advising a global transportation company on the requirement of cash registers on its vehicles;
- Advising a regional cargo carrier on antitrust matters and obtaining acquisition clearance from state regulators;
- Advising a global passenger carrier on conducting a promotional lottery;
- Legal support and representation of an aircraft manufacturer in signing contracts for operational and financial leasing of aircraft, which also included pledge of aircraft in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Advising and representation of a truck distribution company on pretrial dispute settlement of a contractor agreement.
First | Prev. | 3 4 5 6 7 | Next | Last
On 19 October 2017 the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) convened a traditional monthly business lunch in Baku
On 18 October 2017 GRATA International Azerbaijan attended the EXPO Centre
Transfer Pricing: implementation and international practice Conference was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
A special session of the Caspian Energy Transport Forum was held in Baku on 20 September 2017, organised by the Caspian European Club and Caspian American Club with the participation of the Minister of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of Azerbaijan Ramin Guluzade.
According to the Amendment Law as of July 13, 2017, for the purposes of implementation of the Law on Cashless Settlements, a new paragraph (x) has been added to the duties of employer. Thus, all payments to be made to employee by the employer under the Labor Code shall be provided in accordance with the provisions of the Law on Cashless Settlements.
In accordance with the Law on “Amendment to the Telecommunication Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan” dated 10 March 2017, operators and providers of internet telecommunication service shall be registered with the Ministry of Transport, Communication and High Technologies (“MTCHT”) within 15 days upon the commencement date of rendering service.
According to the Amendment Law as of July 11, 2017, new paragraphs concerning advertisement have been added to the Law on Copyright and Related Rights. As per new paragraph 3rd of article 6, advertisement is the object of copyright within the terms of the Law on Copyright and Related Rights.
According to the Amendment Law as of July 11, 2017, a new article (50-1), concerning advertisement through telecommunication means and devices has been included into the Telecommunication Law.
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, by its decision dated 16 June 2017, confirmed the rules for organization of sale of taxpayer’s seized property in trading networks.
In accordance with the Decree of the President of Azerbaijan dated 11 July 2017, list of countries and territories with preferential taxation was confirmed.
News 46 - 55 of 95
First | Prev. | 3 4 5 6 7 | Next | Last