GRATA Azerbaijan LLC is a member of GRATA International and was incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 13 September 2005.
Today, clients have more than 200 professionals in 22 countries at their disposal. GRATA International is a global team representing different countries and nationalities, and which has experience advising on all areas of law.
Since its establishment, GRATA Azerbaijan has provided legal services to companies engaged in business in different fields of industry, including oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, communications, banks and international financing, transportation and construction.
With its 11-member team, GRATA Azerbaijan LLC provides full legal support to international and local companies in Azerbaijan. The lawyers at GRATA have extensive experience in corporate and employment law, including international M&A transactions, migration, tax and financial laws, IP laws and dispute resolution.
43, Samad Vurgun street, World Business Center, 17th floor, Baku, AZ1014, Azerbaijan
(+994 12) 597 48 33; (+99412) 597 48 53
Since its establishment in April 1992, GRATA International has gained experience in the following areas of practice.
Advising a major UK-based energy service company on their transfer of business in Azerbaijan to another major international business player (Legal counsel/adviser for the seller of assets: dealt with novation agreements, assignment agreements, advising on corporate and employment actions to be taken, etc.);
Advising a number of leading international companies on their employee share schemes;
Preparing an environmental law compliance matrix for one of the major oil companies in Azerbaijan;
Implementing the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project (oil) - providing legal opinion on land issues related to the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan project;
Establishing an entity for an oil company - acting as a legal counsel for the founder (providing legal advice on corporate law requirements, preparing all documents for incorporation, acting as a legal representative, incorporating and registering the local office of the oil company);
Providing legal advice to an international investment bank on financial and tax regime of the oil and gas industry as well specifics of investments in oil and gassector in Azerbaijan/under Azerbaijani laws.
- Due diligence of a major mobile phone operator of Azerbaijan prior to the acquisition of a facility;Providing legal advice on IP Telephony regulations to a Chinese investment holding company;
- Advising an international Chinese company, a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and systems, (branch office in Baku) on employment contracts;
- Advising a Swedish telecommunications equipment company on the import of IT equipment;
- Advising the main American cable and satellite TV channel on licencing matters;
- Providing legal services on various matters to a German multinational software corporation;
- Advising Caspian SAT Company on matters of obtaining a licence;
- Advising SAP company (through SAP AZ LLC) on various legal matters, including contracts, tax and customs law;
- Providing legal support to a leading world company that developed the electronic platform for drivers and passengers in corporate, tax, and financial legal matters.
- Advising a global transportation company on the requirement of cash registers on its vehicles;
- Advising a regional cargo carrier on antitrust matters and obtaining acquisition clearance from state regulators;
- Advising a global passenger carrier on conducting a promotional lottery;
- Legal support and representation of an aircraft manufacturer in signing contracts for operational and financial leasing of aircraft, which also included pledge of aircraft in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Advising and representation of a truck distribution company on pretrial dispute settlement of a contractor agreement.