· Mr. Kordzakhia received his LL.M in European law at Tbilisi State University, the Faculty of Law (2004), Bachelor of jurisprudence in Gr. Robakidze’s University (2002), he has graduated the faculty of physics (1995) and the faculty of humanities (1993) at the Tbilisi State University;
· 2014- 2015 Kings College (London), student of post graduate diploma course in EU competition law
· 2014-2015, international arbitration course, CIArb
· 2012 CEDR (London) Accredited mediator.
· 2009 American Bar Association/ROLI, rule of law initiative, lecturer in legal ethics;
· 2006, American Bar Association/CEELI, NITA Lecturer in Trial Skills;
· Banking law
· Corporate law
· Insolvency and bankruptcy
· Construction law
· Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Mr. Kordzakhia focuses his practice on commercial litigation and arbitration, infrastructural projects. Corporate law, M&A, representing shareholders and directors. Legal ethics.
· Listed, The Legal 500 Georgia (2013)
· Mr. Kordzakhia is a managing partner in the law firm Kordzakhia, Jgenti, GP from 1999 to present.
· He is a member of Georgian bar association, an accredited mediator of the mediation center at Tbilisi City Court, chair of Arbitration Council at Georgian International Arbitration Center of Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, local legal expert in MACS with Posch & partners/KfW project (2005 -2009; 2011 until present).
· From 2011 to 2012, he worked as a local consultant in leasing legislation with Deloitte/USAID project Economic Growth Initiative for Georgia.
· From May 2010 to August 2011, he worked as a local consulting on regulatory issues with EGIS BCEOM international/ADB project on developing an urban water supply and sanitation sector strategy& regulatory framework for Georgia.
· 2003-2004 he was a local legal expert with Detecon international GmbH; 1999 -2002 legal consultant with credit union development center; 1999 -2001 senior legal counsel, head of legal service (since 2000) with JSC Absolut Bank;
· Regulation of leasing in civil law (materials for second national continuous legal education conference, 2012).
· Commentary on the article 8th of the lawyer’s code of ethics (Journal Advocate, 2013, N3)
· Georgian (native)
· English (fluent)
· Russian (fluent)
· German (fair)
Irakli Kordzakhia is ‘a very high-quality professional, with good analytical skills and numeracy as well as knowledge of laws and their interpretations and uses; his view of the big picture is very valuable’
The Legal 500, 2013.
· Advising client - Deloitte on improving enterprise, industry and country-level competitiveness to enable Georgian enterprises to sustainably compete in the global marketplace; contribution to the development of the general policy concept regarding leasing industry, drafting amendment to the civil code, providing recommendations on tax code amendments.
· Working for EGIS BCEOM International In Association With: GeoHydro Services on identification of Urban WSS Sector Problems and Constraints and proposing Urban WSS Sector Development Plan; Assessment of Georgian legislation relating to Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Sector, Contribution to drafting policy papers for WSS Sector Development.
· Advising MACS with Posch&Partners/KfW on the management of water/sanitation utility and municipal authorities of Batumi and Khelvachauri. Technical and financial training and further education measures for managing water supply and wastewater collection. Development of a wastewater regulation for Batumi and Khelvachauri, Clarification of the legal framework regarding the establishment of a fee concept for the coverage of operation and maintenance costs of the wastewater disposal system. Elaboration of a fee of tariff concept for these services. Development of a service agreement for Batumi water and wastewater utility (Batumi Tskali).
· Assistance to Adjara Regional Authorities in water sector reform, institutional and financial analysis of the water sector and due water utilities. Development of capacities in the water utility and concept development of whole sector – revision of legal framework required in order to understand the implications of legal sector changes on the development of the water sector. This includes particularly the dynamics of current transformation processes in the water sector on the national, regional and municipal level.
· Feasibility study for communal infrastructure (water supply and wastewater collection) in Batumi. Institutional and financial analysis of the municipality of Batumi and the Batumi water Utility. Assistance in Batumi communal infrastructure rehabilitation. Assistance in reforming Batumi water utility, development of tariff regulation concept for water supply and wastewater services. Assisting in re-modeling the organizational structure and staff audit- in close co-operation with the project executing Agency and the Georgian and Adjaran government, the relevant legal framework for the water sector will be analyzed.
· Drafting secondary legislation in telecommunications field, preparing memorandums for Detecon International GmbH- establishment of independent regulates for telecoms (GNCC), adopting local laws and regulations to de-monopolize the sector and attract strategic investors in infrastructure enterprises. Secondary/indirect aim to support the privatization of the Georgia electronical communications (GEC) and Telecom Georgia (TG).
· Preparing for World Bank the “Legal and Regulatory Framework” chapter of the country fiduciary Assesment, prepare a review of the Georgia public procurement law comparing its essential features with those of the UNCITRAL Model Law on Public Procurement and government Procurement Agreement of WTO, describing briefly the current status of GPA preparation in Georgia;
· For World Bank assess the legal framework of the Georgia’s financial sector and carry out a detailed review of the banking and non-banking financial sector legislation.
· Client IFC - supporting new financial leasing legislation to promote access to financing of small and medium size enterprises.
· Supporting establishment of Credit Unions as alternative form of accessing to financing of agricultural enterprises. For World Bank and IFAD project drafting law on Credit Unions, preparation of recommendations for their taxation, consulting and preparation of legal documents for CUDC, lectures for Credit Unions managers. Experience included in Irish Credit Union, Dublin.