Inna Makarova is a Partner and Head of Maritime Practice at Stepanov and Aksuk Law Firm, an associate office of GRATA International in Rostov-on-Don, Russia.
Inna has been practising Law since 2000 and as an attorney at law since 2004.
In the beginning of her career, Inna was a bailiff and executor of justice in the branch of court bailiff in Rostov-on-Don. Inna worked as a lead professional of the department of the protection of interests in the Main Department of the Ministry of Justice of Russian Federation. She also has a work experience as a legal counsel in the Department of litigation in the South-Western Bank of Sberbank.
Rostov Institute of Protection of Businessman, Faculty of Law (Diploma with honors);
Lloyd's Maritime Academy, London, Certificate in Ship Arrest.
External economic activity;
Area of legal practice:
Legal support of vessels’ purchase and sale transactions, registration of vessels;
Support of legal disputes in Russia and abroad;
Arrests and detention of vessels, ensuring of Russian and foreign claims, including claims asserted in the arbitration court (arbitration);
Dispute resolution between the ship-owner and the crew;
Registration of sea-going ships and river-marine vessels and rights on them.
Consulting and assistance in negotiations with law enforcement authorities and other state bodies;
Representation in customs disputes;
Legal support of disputes in foreign courts and arbitrations;
Confession and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards;
Representation of ship-owners in case of illegal actions of customs authorities in relation to vessels which were repaired abroad.
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association.
- Inna has been singled out for a personal reference from the international legal rating «The Legal 500», nomination “Transport”. A particular focus is made by prestigious International rating “Chambers Europe” on maritime practice headed by Inna at Stepanov and Aksuk Law Firm.
- Legal support of transactions with participation of Russian and foreign shipping companies for the sale of sea vessels and river-marine vessels, floating objects, registration of transactions and rights on them in Russian and foreign registries, the registration of encumbrances in the register of ships;
- All-in-one legal support of activities of the international Agency company in all Russian ports.
- Protection of interests of the international survey company from claims of customers for the compensation of damage under international contracts;
- Protection of the interests of the ship owner in administrative cases commenced by the customs and border guard authorities;
- Support of legal disputes of foreign and Russian ship owners, cargo owners with the customs authorities;
- Support of the legal dispute (in cooperation with a foreign law firm) between foreign and Russian companies (ship owners, charterers, cargo owners, exporters) in foreign courts and arbitrations;
- Provision of the lawsuits that were filed in foreign courts and arbitrations via the Russian arbitration courts;
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards with the foreclosure of the debtor's property and with the enforcement process;
- Representation of the international company that imports goods to Russia in disputes with the customs (correction of the customs value, classification of goods, and administrative offences);
- Representation of foreign and Russian companies in Russian arbitration courts in disputes related to breaching of foreign economic contracts;
- Maritime arrest of the vessel, the foreclosure of the vessel, the realisation and registration of the ship purchased at the auction;
- Advisory work for the foreign Bank, assistance in the evidence gathering, preparation of legal opinions on the issues of the scrap metal export and Russian companies’ fraud against foreign banks;
- Preparation of legal opinions for arbitrators of foreign arbitration courts under the Russian law.