Gulnur Nurkeyeva is a Head of China Desk and responsible for all China Related projects in countries of GRATA International presence.
Gulnur has over 18 years of experience in Kazakhstani legal services market.
She has started her career in 1999 in Astana Bar association as Qualified Advocate. Later she worked for Kazakhstan Government in the Ministry of taxes and participated in drafting first tax Code of Kazakhstan.
Prior to joining GRATA Law Firm, she worked more than 10 years as an in-house (later head of Legal Department) in National Welfare Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" Group.
Samruk –Kazyna manage the shares of the State-Owned Enterprises in oil and gaz, metallurgical, nuclear, telecommunication, transport sectors, such as KazMunayGas, Kazatomprom, Kazakhtelecom, Kazakhstan Railway, KazPost, Air Astana, Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC), Samruk-Energy.
The practice led by Gulnur has become a winner of China Business Law Awards 2015-2016 in the category of “Energy, Projects and Infrastructure”.
2012 - LL.M. in Chinese Law Peking University (PRC),
1999- bachelor degree in International law Karagandy National University Kazakhstan
Construction and Infrastructure
Gulnur has extensive experience in advising Chinese Companies in Kazakh corporate law, construction activities and M&A transactions, such as:
ONSTRUCTION AND INFRASTRUCTURE:
- Advising Beijing State-Owned Assets on Construction project, including procurement regulations, labor law issues, taxation issues, financing;
- Advising China Railway 23 Bureau Group on construction activities, including tax a corporate structuring of activity, obtaining work permits and construction license;
- Advising China Machinery Corporation on construction activities, including legal support on obtaining construction license;
- Advising a consortium of Chinese Companies, led by China Railway No.2 Group Co.,Ltd on construction of modern tram-line Astana LRT, including revising FIDIC EPC contracts, representing the consortium in negotiations with the Owner, advising on taxation, procurement regulations, advice on regulations applicable to EXPO 2017 Projects and Astana New City Special Economic Zone, registration of each consortium member’s branch, registration as a SEZ participant and legal advice on obtaining construction license;
- Advising China National Technical Import & Export Corporation on taxation and form of legal presence in Kazakhstan, drafting corporate documents, registration of permanent establishment in Kazakhstan, consulting on obtaining necessary permits and licenses;
- Advising China Railway Asia-Europe Construction Investment Co. on legal issues of its construction activities in Kazakhstan, including advice on regulations applicable to Astana New City Special Economic Zone, participation in project structuring, analyzing EPC Contracts and other commercial construction agreements, registration of Permanent establishment in Kazakhstan;
- Advising China Construction Sixth Engineering Division Co., Ltd on legal issues of its construction activities in Kazakhstan, including tax and corporate structuring of activity, registration of Permanent establishment in Kazakhstan, applying for the necessary permits and Construction License;
- Advising China National Chemical Engineering Group, Corp. on licensing matters, labor law issues, obtaining of permits and authorizations, taxation issues, financing, and commercial contracts;
- Advising Beijing Urban Construction Design & Development Group Co on corporate issues, including a form of legal presence in Kazakhstan, registration of legal entities in Kazakhstan and on necessary permits for Design activities in Kazakhstan;
- Due diligence of CITIC Construction assets in Kazakhstan and Russian Federation;
- Advising one of the biggest private oil and gas Company Jereh Group on corporate issues, including registration of legal entities in Kazakhstan;
- Advising China ENFI Engineering Corporation of Metallurgical Corporation of China (MCC) on corporate structuring of activity, obtaining work permit, registration of permanent establishment, applying on construction and design licenses;
- Advising Beijing Institute of Geological & Prospecting Engineering on corporate issues, including the form of legal presence in Kazakhstan, registration of legal entities in Kazakhstan and on necessary permits for geological activities in Kazakhstan;
IMINING AND OIL & GAS INDUSTRY:
- Advising China Petroleum Engineering CNPC on potential project of Construction of LNG, including preparation of a comprehensive analysis of legal matters related to procurement regulations and project structuring;
- Advising Beijing Etrol Technologies Co on potential acquisition of Kazakhstan company, including Due diligence of the project and target company;
- Advising Hansen Energy Ltd. on potential acquisition of Kazakhstan company, including Due diligence of the project and target company;
- In RENEWABLE SOURCE OF ENERGY include:
- Advising SUMEC Clean Energy International Co., Limited on construction project of a power plant in Kazakhstan, including advice on taxation and form of legal presence in Kazakhstan, drafting EPC contract and Consortium agreement, registration of permanent establishment in Kazakhstan;
- Advising Chinese Company on the tariff structure applicable to the solar electric power market in Russia;
- Advising Shanghai Company on legal issues of development and investment in a solar power project (IPP) in Kazakhstan including regulations on feasibility study, construction, approval by the relevant government authority and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA);
- Advising Shanghai Company HuanTai on establishing a JV company with its local partners in Kazakhstan and on legal requirements to use of land plots for construction and operation of solar power plants.
- Advising The People’s Insurance Company of China (PICC) Property and Casualty Company Limited on legal issues related to NFC Kazakhstan fire accident. (according to the Undertaking agreement between GRATA Law Firm LLP and PICC Property and Casualty Company Limited, GRATA was chosen as a first-choice Legal adviser in Kazakhstan till April 2020);
- Advising China Development Bank as a head of Grata International team on following matters: Country Report on Azerbaijan; Drafting loan agreement in APLMA form, Georgian law capacity legal opinion; Completing the standard CDB checklist in respect of the US$15 million loan to the Joint Stock Company of Georgia; completing the standard CDB Checklist from a Russian law perspective; drafting a Russian law share pledge over the shares of Russian Company and issuing a customary Russian law legal opinion;
- Advising Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited on an unsecured corporate loan, providing a Turkish law legal opinion on the personal guarantees give by these Turkish citizens;
- Advising China Exim Bank on reviewing the Guarantee from a Kazakhstani law perspective, issuing a Kazakhstani legal opinion in respect of the Guarantee (covering, among others, the legality, validity).
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
China Global Investment Summit 2019 (China Global Investment Summit 2019) was held on April 18-19, 2019 in Shanghai, China. One of the speakers was Shaimerden Chikanayev, Partner, Director of Banking & Finance Department, GRATA International.
We are glad to announce that one of GRATA International’s successful projects has been selected as of the winners of China Business Law Journal: Deals of the Year 2018.
On 18 October 2018 the China 2018 Cross-border Investment and M&A Seminar was held in Beijing. The China Investment Association Foreign Investment Professional Committee (referred to as: Foreign Investment Committee) organised the event.
On 11-14 October 2018 Elite Global Legal Alliance (EGLA) held its Fourteenth General Meeting & Investment and Financing Innovation Law & Commerce Forum.
On 12 September 2018 Duane Morris & Selvam law venture held Ambassador Series dedicated to Kazakhstan event in Singapore.
On 8 June 2018, Gulnur Nurkeyeva, Head of GRATA International's China Desk, took part at the 5th meeting of the Kazakhstan China Business Council in Beijing.
The event was held by the Embassy of Azerbaijan to China to mark the National Independence Day.
The event brought together Azerbaijanis living in China, representatives of various state organisations and companies from Azerbaijan and foreign states.
Gulnur Nurkeyeva gave a speech on "The Second Global Law Firm Cooperation Forum and Lawyers' Private Advisory Board Conference" in Beijing on May 9, 2018 hostet by Beijing DHH Law firm.
The Investor Day was held on the 11 April 2018 at the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
On 20-21 of March 2018, in Zhuhai, China the China Enterprises Going Global Risk Conference will be held for Chinese transnational companies, organised by the China Industrial Overseas Development Association.
In keeping with GRATA’s practice of informing clients of important legal developments that might influence their business, we would like to draw your attention to some important upcoming legislative developments regarding the foreign exchange regulation and foreign exchange control.
GRATA International contributed to LexisNexis Mergers & Acquisitions Law Guide 2018. Special Focus - One Belt One Road China Investment.
The signing occurred during the Belt and Road initiative forum on 29 – 30 July 2017 in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China.
The event was hosted by PRC Ministry of Commerce, The People’s Government of Beijing Municipality
On 31 May 2017 in Beijing, PRC Head of China Desk of GRATA International Gulnur Nurkeyeva took part on The Summit of General Assembly of the Belt and Road Service Connections
On 8 December 2016, the 15th Anniversary of China's Accession to the WTO was held in Changsha City, Hunan province, PRC.
On 8 December 2016, the 15th Anniversary of China's Accession to the WTO will be held in Changsha City, Hunan province, PRC.
among the speakers was Gulnur Nurkeyeva, Head of the China desk of GRATA International.
During the event a number of speeches and presentations were delivered from senior managers of some of the largest companies in Kazakhstan and their Chinese colleagues.
27 October 2016 Hongkong Corporate Council Association will hold the event, hosted by Berwin Leighton Paisner: One Belt One Road' Russia & Central Asia - opportunities & threats in the modern Silk Road.
On 26 August 2016, GRATA International team took part in a working experience exchange meeting of the National Business Council of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
The audience were from Zhonglun Law Firm and different Chinese private and state-owned enterprises such as China National Electric Engineering and China National Machinery Industry Corporation. The conference has received a warm welcome from the attendees.
Focusing on the theme of “Sharing Economy & Connectivity”, the Summit was to initiate the conversation on how to apply the innovative notion of sharing economy, how to realize the Connectivity of worldwide trades, and how to drive the Global economic cooperation under the transforming environment of Global manufacturing industry and the tide of New Internet.
Head of GRATA International's China Desk Gulnur Nurkeyeva took part in the 3rd meeting of the Kazakhstan-China Business Council, which took place on 13 December, 2015 in Beijing.
On 12 October 2015, the 7th COIFAIR on ‘New Normal Brings New Opportunities: Open the Great Time for China Overseas Investment’ was held
China-Russia Oil & Gas Forum gathered to discuss implementation of infrastructure projects and investment opportunities in the area of production and transportation of oil and gas in Russia, China and Central Asia.
Expanding its presence and intending to get closer to clients, GRATA Law Firm opens the first representative office in the East Asia, Beijing (China). Beijing is an important political and cultural centre of People's Republic of China.
Новости 1 - 29 of 29
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last