Atabek Sharipov joined GRATA International in 2005 and is now heading our practice in Turkmenistan and banking and project finance efforts in Uzbekistan. He focuses on cross-border and secured transactions. Mr Sharipov has an extensive experience of structuring multi-jurisdiction financial transactions, negotiating major terms of foreign law governed financing agreements with the government and local parties, drafting and negotiating domestic law governed project documents for lenders.
Prior to joining GRATA, Atabek was managing a UK Government bilateral development programme in Uzbekistan, where he had worked in partnership with major multilateral financial institutions including EBRD, ADB, World Bank, IFC and other bilateral cooperation programmes.
Atabek has been involved in multi-billion regional project finance deals including China – Central Asia Gas Pipeline Project for which GRATA was awarded the Best Project Finance Deal of the Year by the ALB Law Awards 2009. Atabek has been consistently praised for his performance in Chambers and Partners in 2010 and 2011 editions.
Atabek received his law degree from the Mirzo Ulugbek National University of Uzbekistan in 2001 and he was awarded an honours degree in Chinese studies from the State Institute of Oriental Studies (1995).
Atabek is admitted to practice in Uzbekistan since 2001.
- Banking and Finance;
- Project Finance;
- Islamic Finance;
- Corporate Law/M&A;
- Capital Markets;
- Foreign Investment.
- Uzbekistan: Islamic Finance & Markets (Getting The Deal Through, 2016);
- “Getting the Deal Through – Project Finance 2013 – Uzbekistan”;
- “Doing Business 2012: Doing Business in a More Transparent World” contribution;
- “Getting the Deal Through – Islamic Finance 2013 – Uzbekistan”.
- Ranked in Chambers & Partners Global 2018
- Legal 500 EMEA 2018 Recommended Lawyer
- ILFR 1000 2019 Highly Regarded
- Advising a consortium of major foreign lenders on matters of Uzbek law in connection with a cross-border sovereign aircraft financing;
- Advising on lending and security transactions and acting for leading Japanese banks under Turkmen and Uzbek law;
- Advising Islamic Development Bank on various aspects of Uzbek law in its first Sharia-compliant aircraft financing in Uzbekistan;
- Advising a consortium of foreign banks on the structure and enforceability of Uzbek law governed security arrangements in a major US 4.0 billion oil and gas project finance transaction aiming to support upstream and downstream capacity under Surgil Gas Chemicals Project;
- Advising a consortium of major Chinese banks in connection with the US 3.5 billion project finance transaction involving construction of the Central Asia Gas Pipeline;
- Advising on general regulatory matters of Uzbek law, conducting due diligence check and analysis with respect to target companies, assisting with finance and security structure under the first direct private sector Islamic lending in Uzbekistan with ICD;
- Advising Indorama Textiles Group on matters of Uzbek commercial law and security arrangements under USD 45 million investment project in Ferghana Valley;
- Advising Korea Development Bank on a range of project finance and commercial issues;
- Advising and acting for the sponsors’ consortium consisting of a major Malaysian national petroleum corporation and a South-African private corporation on bankability aspects for construction, maintenance, and operation of the major GTL Plant in Uzbekistan worth US$ 3.5 billion;
- Conducting full legal due diligence of the largest beer brewer in Uzbekistan for a leading Turkish beer brewing company with the view of corporate acquisition;
- Structuring and acting on behalf of the client inequity consolidation transactions involving a German development finance institution;
- Structuring and acting on behalf of the client in equity consolidation transactions involving a Russian cable manufacturer.
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
Legal 500 has recently released its annual rankings of international law firms – Legal 500 EMEA 2019.
For yet another consecutive year, GRATA International enters the leading legal rankings and continues to be among the most outstanding law firms in Central Asia and the Caspian region.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
The event that was held on February 27th, in Moscow (Russia) attracted 456 senior level decision makers, who came together to discuss the opportunities in the Russian & CIS capital markets industry.
This year, the Chambers&Partners held their Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 ceremony on Friday, 24th March 2017 at The Fullerton Hotel, Singapore.
With its population o f 30 million and traditional Islamic roots Uzbekistan is probably one o f the most promising markets for Islamic financing in Central Asia.
Dear colleagues, GRATA Law Firm is glad to present you the chapter 'Uzbekistan' of the 'Getting the Deal Through – Islamic Finance & Markets 2015' guide
07-08 February 2014 in Almaty the 2013 reporting conference of the EURASIAN LAW FIRM «GRATA»
Новости 1 - 8 of 8
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last