Bolormaa Volodya is a Partner at Absolute Advocates LLP. Prior to joining the firm, she was a Contracts Senior Advisor and Deputy Contracts Manager at Oyutolgoi LLC; an Off-Counsel of GRATA Law firm in Mongolia; a Senior Lawyer and Head of Ulaanbaatar Representative office of GRATA Law firm in Mongolia; a Lawyer at Anand and Batzaya Advocates; a Legal consultant at Dalaiyan auditing LLC; and a Business Development Assistant on ERPC at USAID.
- Master of Business Economics (2005-2007), Department of Business Economics, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi, India;
- Bachelor of International Law (2000-2005), School of Law, Mongolian National University;
- Bachelor of Business Accountancy (2000-2004), Mongol Economic University.
- Mongolian (native)
- English (fluent)
- Russian (elementary)
- Germany (basic)
- Company/corporate law – company registration and representative office incorporation and registration;
- Labour law;
- Anti-corruption law;
- Public procurement law;
- Health related laws – drugs registration, working with public health professionals;
- Competition and regulatory requirements;
- Data protection and privacy;
- Dispute resolution;
- Environmental law;
- Intellectual property;
- Licences and permits;
- Mineral law;
- Immigration law;
- Land law;
- Civil law and litigation;
- Labour dispute and reconciliation;
- Debt collection under court decision execution authority.
Incorporated Freywille Mongolia LLC, an Austrian jewellery manufacturer, and assisted in opening its store in Mongolia, i.e. drafted all founding documents and assisted with Trademark registration in Mongolia;
- Incorporated a Representative office of DistriLab LLP, a Kazakh company, via drafting all founding documents, including detailing laboratory equipment and devices;
- Incorporated Ericsson Mongolia LLC, one of the largest global company in telecommunications sector, and advised on various corporate matters, including tenancy, employment and obtaining a permit from the telecommunications authority;
- Advised oil refinery factory in Mongolia regarding the incorporation procedures and conducted due diligence of the organisation;
- Advised on cosmetic products labelling requirements;
- Advised on taximeter requirements in Mongolia;
- Advised ZTE on anti-corruption policy of its subsidiary in Mongolia;
- Advised an organisation from an infrastructure sector regarding the regulations of expatriate employees’ ratio and hiring them in Mongolia;
- Advised a foreign company on Mongolian competition law;
- Advised a foreign manufacturer regarding the consumer protection law of Mongolia.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Advised a seller regarding the sale of the AcSense IT Support LLC, including the share purchase agreement, the title, the transfer agreement and other required corporate documents;
- Advised on a share transfer of the Steppe Learning LLC, including the share purchase agreement, the title transfer agreement and other corporate documents;
- Advised on the acquisition of shares of the Mongol Agro Recycle Company by a foreign shareholder;
- Advised regarding the shares transfer of the Softline Asia LLC and the appointment of a new Director.
- Advised a foreign laboratory in Mongolia regarding the mass termination of employment agreement;
Drafted and revised all labour related company internal documents, including the internal labour policy, employment contracts, cash claiming policy, etc.;
- Represented a foreign investment company in Mongolia in court regarding the labour dispute;
- Advised an Anglo-American subsidiary in Mongolia about the termination of employment agreement;
- Represented a client during the negotiation procedure with the client’s former employee in the Labour Court.
Advised pharmaceutical companies, including Pfizer and Merck, regarding the distribution agreement and other supply contracts;
- Drafted various commercial contracts, such as the work execution agreement, the hire agreement, the debt transfer agreement, the office and premise lease agreement, the consultancy service agreement, etc.;
- Advised on various commercial agreements, such as the supply agreement, the consultancy service agreement, the tenancy agreement, etc., in terms of the compliance with the relevant laws and legislations of Mongolia.
- Permit and Licensing:
- Advised on obtaining the toxic chemical licence from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism for the heavy equipment maintenance service provider;
- Advised on getting the permits on telecommunication services from the Telecommunication authority for the European company;
- Advised on getting the environment related permits from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism;
- Advised on getting the fire conclusion and the toxic chemical storage room conclusion from the competent authority.