Yerbolat graduated from Al-Farabi Kazakh National University with International Law degree in 2001.
Yerbolat Yerkebulanov has extensive experience in advising of international clients on issues related to subsoil use, EPC contracts, transactions on acquisition of subsoil use assets in Kazakhstan, commercial agreements. Prior to joining GRATA Yerbolat gained 9 years of experience as a legal counsel in the largest cellular communications operating company in Kazakhstan and in the company owning two hydrocarbons contracts.
- Natural Resources
- Contract Law
- Infrastructure projects
- Subsoil use issues (issues of the state’s priority right, local content, subsoil users’ procurements, conducting due diligence review of more than 20 subsoil users, drafting a number of exploration or production contracts with their protection at the competent authority;
- Commercial contracts
- EPC contracts
- Pledge agreements
Yerbolat has a number of publications in the sphere of subsoil use with regard to local content, subsoil users’ procurements, issues of termination of subsoil use contract, ways of acquisition of subsoil use right. More than 20 articles have been published in Kazakhstani («Kazakhstan», «Petroleum», «Non-resident», «Accounting and Auditing in Kazakhstan», “Kursiv”) and foreign mass media (OGEL, ICLG – www.iclg.co.uk (Oil and Gas Regulation 2014 – Kazakhstan) (Mining Law 2015 - Kazakhstan).
Among his recent articles of interest are:
- On Both Sides of the Caspian Sea: a Comparative Analysis of the Investment Law in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan Exclusively for Petroleum Analytical Journal;
- Rules of Subsoil Users’ Procurement dated 14 February 2013: Analysis of Key Changes;
- Local Content in Procurement of Subsoil Users;
- Contract Termination by Subsoil User;
- Kazakhstan: New Local Content Approach;
- Kazakhstan - Oil & Gas Regulation 2014;
- The International Comparative legal guide to: Mining Law 2015.
- Yerbolat Yerkebulanov interview in the newspaper “Drilling Solutions”.
Yerbolat held more than 30 seminars on issues of local content, procurement, reporting and inspections of subsoil users, construction of objects of oil and gas sphere, pledge of the subsoil use right in Aksai (KPO), Atyrau (NCOC), Aktau and Almaty.
- Advising a consortium of major Kazakhstani and Russian energy producers in connection with reconstruction of the largest electrical energy producing enterprise in Kazakhstan, including drafting of EPC contracts. Total project value – over US$ 700 million;
- Advising numerous major international companies in connection with sale of shares in Kazakhstan companies, including subsoil users;
- Advising numerous Kazakhstani and international companies in connection with the state pre-emptive right applicable to sale of subsoil users and strategic objects;
- Advising a number of Kazakhstani and international companies on subsoil users’, Samruk-Kazyna and public procurement regulations in Kazakhstan, including local content requirements;
- Advising numerous top-tier Kazakhstani companies in connection with commercial disputes in construction;
- Advising international bank headquartered in Switzerland in connection with pledges over various types of immovable and movable property in Kazakhstan;
- Advising an international oil company in connection with acquisition of a major Kazakhstani oil deposit;
- Advising international bank in connection with providing credit facility to a Kazakhstani subsoil user, including due diligence;
- Advising Kazakhstani and international clients in connection with drafting various types of complex commercial agreements, including bareboat charter agreement and agreement for drilling exploration wells;
- Advising subsoil users in connection with drafting subsoil contracts for production stage based on model subsoil contract, including participation in negotiations of the contract with Kazakhstani authorities;
- Advising international bank in connection with collateral over land plots and commodities for the value over US$ 200 million.
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
A practical cross-border insight into mining law
We would like to draw your attention to some important changes in the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan regarding the country's accession to the World Trade Organization.
2-3 April 2016 GRATA International held annual its conference. Among the participants were directors and representatives of all GRATA International offices in Kazakhstan.
The International Comparative legal guide to: Oil&Gas, Kazakhstan Chapter 2014
Interview of Yerbolat Yerkebulanov in the newspaper “Drilling Solutions” No. 3 (October 2015)
On the 19th of November 2015 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Counsel, Head of Subsoil Use Department (Almaty), GRATA International gave a lecture on the topic: ‘How Legal DD of Subsoil User is Made’ in KIMEP Law School.
The 23th Kazakhstani International Oil and Gas Exhibition, KIOGE 2015 was held in Almaty from 6 till 9 October 2015
The principal legislative act governing mining activities in the Republic of Kazakhstan (“RoK”) is the RoK Law on Subsoil and Subsoil Use dated 24 June 2010 No. 291-IV (the “Subsoil Law”).
As many other countries the Republic of Kazakhstan takes relevant measures to protect interests of national suppliers of goods, works and services
On 24 April 2015, in Almaty there has been a workshop titled: 'Kazakhstan - Russia: legal aspects of doing business' held by GRATA Law Firm.
On 14-15 April, in Atyrau there was the 9th Atyrau Regional Oil Technological Conference - OILTECH Atyrau 2015.
The 6th “MINEX Central Asia 2015” Mining and Exploration Forum was held in Astana (Republic of Kazakhstan) from 17 to 19 March 2015.
In practice, though rather seldom, there are such cases when due to certain reasons a contractor (subsoil user) decides to terminate the subsoil use contract.
During the recent one and a half year we could view a sharp increase in the interest of subsoil users and their contractors to the issues of Kazakhstani content in the procurement of goods, works and services.
Kazakhstan ranks second only to Russia among the countries of the CIS in its quantity of mineral production.
In May 2013, two Decrees of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Nos. 133 and 134 (the “RoK GD”) dated 14 February 2013 were published in official national newspapers
The experts of GRATA Law Firm exclusively for PETROLEUM conducted a comparative analysis of the investment law in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan.
During the 27th session of the Foreign Investors’ Council held on 12 June 2014, the President of Kazakhstan Mr. Nursultan Nazarbayev announced the establishment of a unilateral visa-free regime for citizens of 10 countries.
A brief outline of Kazakhstan’s natural gas sector.
There are also numerous Decrees of the RoK Government which regulate specific issues in subsoil use.
07-08 February 2014 in Almaty the 2013 reporting conference of the EURASIAN LAW FIRM «GRATA»
Please see below the text of the Model Contract for the Implementation of Investment Projects, approved by the Resolution of the Government dated 30 October 2014 No. 1154 in English and Russian.
The event was organized by the Almaty Chamber of Commerce and Industry jointly with the Arman Holding on behalf of the Singapore Business Federation.
GRATA Counsel Yerbolat Yerkebulanov made a presentation at the ITE Group Plc's Oil & Gas Business Breakfast Briefing that was held in the Marcliffe Hotel & Spa, Aberdeen, Scotland on 6 March 2014
The event was organised by the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the Russian Federation, the Trade Mission of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the Russian Federation and GRATA Law Firm.
Новости 1 - 25 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last