Yerbolat Yerkebulanov is a Partner and Head of Subsoil Use Dept. (Almaty) of GRATA International. He has extensive experience in advising of international clients on issues related to Oil & Gas, Mining, M&As, EPC contracts, commercial agreements, regulated procurements,
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, LLB in International Law (2001)
Prior to joining GRATA in November 2010 Yerbolat gained 9 years of experience as a legal counsel in the largest cellular communications operating company in Kazakhstan (4,5 years) and in the company owning two hydrocarbons contracts (4,5 years).
He has substantial experience in undertaking and supervising work for a number of oil and gas, mining and services companies, including, inter alia, Korean National Oil Corporation (KNOC), Rio Tinto, North Caspian Operating Company (operator of Kashagan, the world's largest oil discovery of the last 40 years), Polymetal, NordGold, Sinopec, Baker Hughes, Eurochem, Repsol, Pertamina, ENRC, CGNPC, Mubadala, MOL, JBIC, Tethys, MIE Holding, Severstal; or with regard to such companies as Karachaganak Petroleum Operating B.V. (one of the world's largest gas condensate fields), Maersk, Maten Petroleum, etc.Expertise:
- Natural Resources
- Contract Law
- Infrastructure projects
Yerbolat has a number of publications in the sphere of Oil & Gas and Mining with regard to local content, subsoil users’ procurements, issues of termination of subsoil use contract, ways of acquisition of subsoil use right. More than 20 articles have been published in Kazakhstani and foreign mass media (OGEL, ICLG – www.iclg.co.uk (Oil and Gas Regulation 2014 – Kazakhstan; Mining Law 2017 - Kazakhstan).
Among his recent articles of interest are:
- Kazakhstan: New Local Content Approach (OGEL, 2012);
- On Both Sides of the Caspian Sea: a Comparative Analysis of the Investment Law in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan Exclusively for Petroleum Analytical Journal (2013);
- Kazakhstan: New Investment Climate (2013);
- Kazakhstan - Oil & Gas Regulation 2014 (ICLG, 2014);
- Yerbolat Yerkebulanov’s interview in the newspaper “Drilling Solutions” (October 2015);
- Kazakhstan: Procurement and National Suppliers (April 2016);
- The International Comparative legal guide to: Mining Law 2015.
Mining Law 2016;
- The International Comparative legal guide to: Mining Law 2017 (September 2016);
- Key Potential Changes in Oil and Gas Regulation (April 2017).
- German (B2)
Kazakhstan Bar Association (kazbar.org.kz) (2013 – present)
- numerous major international companies in connection with sale of shares in Kazakhstan companies, including subsoil users;
- numerous Kazakhstani and international companies in connection with the state pre-emptive right applicable to sale of subsoil users and strategic objects;
- a number of Kazakhstani and international companies on subsoil users’, Samruk-Kazyna and public procurement regulations in Kazakhstan, including local content requirements;
- numerous top-tier Kazakhstani companies in connection with commercial disputes in construction;
- international bank headquartered in Switzerland in connection with pledges over various types of immovable and movable property in Kazakhstan;
- an international oil company in connection with acquisition of a major Kazakhstani oil deposit;
- international bank in connection with providing credit facility to a Kazakhstani subsoil user, including due diligence;
- Kazakhstani and international clients in connection with drafting various types of complex commercial agreements, including bareboat charter agreement and agreement for drilling exploration wells;
- subsoil users in connection with drafting subsoil contracts for production stage based on model subsoil contract, including participation in negotiations of the contract with Kazakhstani authorities;
- an international bank in connection with collateral over land plots and commodities for the value over US$ 200 million;
- a consortium of major Kazakhstani and Russian energy producers in connection with reconstruction of the largest electrical energy producing enterprise in Kazakhstan, including drafting of EPC contracts. Total project value – over US$ 700 million.
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
On 24 May 2017 in Almaty, Kazakhstan English Law Day Forum was held.
The Republic of Kazakhstan (“RoK”) wishes to change its subsoil use legislation and replace the current Law on Subsoil and Subsoil Use dated 24 June 2010 (the “Law”) by a new Code on Subsoil and Subsoil Use (the “Code”).
A practical cross-border insight into mining law
We would like to draw your attention to some important changes in the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan regarding the country's accession to the World Trade Organization.
2-3 April 2016 GRATA International held annual its conference. Among the participants were directors and representatives of all GRATA International offices in Kazakhstan.
The International Comparative legal guide to: Oil&Gas, Kazakhstan Chapter 2014
Interview of Yerbolat Yerkebulanov in the newspaper “Drilling Solutions” No. 3 (October 2015)
On the 19th of November 2015 Yerbolat Yerkebulanov, Counsel, Head of Subsoil Use Department (Almaty), GRATA International gave a lecture on the topic: ‘How Legal DD of Subsoil User is Made’ in KIMEP Law School.
The 23th Kazakhstani International Oil and Gas Exhibition, KIOGE 2015 was held in Almaty from 6 till 9 October 2015
The principal legislative act governing mining activities in the Republic of Kazakhstan (“RoK”) is the RoK Law on Subsoil and Subsoil Use dated 24 June 2010 No. 291-IV (the “Subsoil Law”).
As many other countries the Republic of Kazakhstan takes relevant measures to protect interests of national suppliers of goods, works and services
On 24 April 2015, in Almaty there has been a workshop titled: 'Kazakhstan - Russia: legal aspects of doing business' held by GRATA Law Firm.
On 14-15 April, in Atyrau there was the 9th Atyrau Regional Oil Technological Conference - OILTECH Atyrau 2015.
The 6th “MINEX Central Asia 2015” Mining and Exploration Forum was held in Astana (Republic of Kazakhstan) from 17 to 19 March 2015.
In practice, though rather seldom, there are such cases when due to certain reasons a contractor (subsoil user) decides to terminate the subsoil use contract.
During the recent one and a half year we could view a sharp increase in the interest of subsoil users and their contractors to the issues of Kazakhstani content in the procurement of goods, works and services.
Kazakhstan ranks second only to Russia among the countries of the CIS in its quantity of mineral production.
In May 2013, two Decrees of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Nos. 133 and 134 (the “RoK GD”) dated 14 February 2013 were published in official national newspapers
The experts of GRATA Law Firm exclusively for PETROLEUM conducted a comparative analysis of the investment law in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan.
During the 27th session of the Foreign Investors’ Council held on 12 June 2014, the President of Kazakhstan Mr. Nursultan Nazarbayev announced the establishment of a unilateral visa-free regime for citizens of 10 countries.
A brief outline of Kazakhstan’s natural gas sector.
There are also numerous Decrees of the RoK Government which regulate specific issues in subsoil use.
07-08 February 2014 in Almaty the 2013 reporting conference of the EURASIAN LAW FIRM «GRATA»
Please see below the text of the Model Contract for the Implementation of Investment Projects, approved by the Resolution of the Government dated 30 October 2014 No. 1154 in English and Russian.
The event was organized by the Almaty Chamber of Commerce and Industry jointly with the Arman Holding on behalf of the Singapore Business Federation.
GRATA Counsel Yerbolat Yerkebulanov made a presentation at the ITE Group Plc's Oil & Gas Business Breakfast Briefing that was held in the Marcliffe Hotel & Spa, Aberdeen, Scotland on 6 March 2014
The event was organised by the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the Russian Federation, the Trade Mission of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the Russian Federation and GRATA Law Firm.
Новости 1 - 27 of 27
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last