Yerzhan has extensive experience in the areas of Construction and Infrastructure, Real Estate and Telecommunications. Prior to joining GRATA International, Yerzhan worked in the Kazakhstan Investment Fund group, in a major Kazakh development company, and in the largest international law firm. Yerzhan acted as a consultant on a number of large infrastructure projects realized over the last decade in Kazakhstan, including work as a head of the legal team of Kazakhstani largest ski resort reconstruction project realized within the frameworks of Asian Games 2011; leader of the team of consultants working on reconstruction of the largest electrical energy producing enterprise in Kazakhstan with overall project value of approximately US$ 700 million; and leader of the team of consultants representing Kazakhstan’s largest infrastructure construction company in several judicial proceedings with overall value of the claims of approx. US$ 70 million. Yerzhan led the project on legal support of launch of Uber service in Kazakhstan, and represented a shortlisted consortium of Spanish, French and Turkish companies in a second stage of public tender for construction and operation of Big Almaty Ring Road (BAKAD), including review and negotiations over concession agreement with the Ministry of Investments and Development.
Yerzhan is an author of a number of articles and reviews relating to real estate issues, construction and telecommunications in Kazakhstan, including overview of construction permits in Kazakhstan for World Bank Doing Business Survey 2015, and overview of telecommunication market regulations for Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review 2014. Yerzhan is highly recommended by AsiaLaw Profiles 2014, 2015 and 2016 as a legal expert in Kazakhstan in the areas of Construction and Real Estate, Energy and IT, Telecommunications and Media. The practice led by Yerzhan has become a winner of China Business Law Awards 2015 in the category of “Energy, Projects and Infrastructure”.
Yerzhan speaks English, Russian and Kazakh.
- Advising an international consortium in the energy sector in connection with construction and development of a coal-fired thermal power plant in Central Kazakhstan. Total project value – approximately 4 billion USD;
- Advising a consortium of major Kazakhstani and Russian energy producers in connection with reconstruction of the largest electrical energy producing enterprise in Kazakhstan, including drafting of EPC contracts. Total project value – over 700 million USD;
- Representing Kazakhstan’s largest infrastructure construction company, in several connected judicial proceedings with a subcontractor in relation to demands of the subcontractor to reimburse the value of additional scope of work in excess of approx. 5 billion KZT, counterclaims of the main contractor to return advance payment and foreclosure upon a advance payment bank guarantee, and rehabilitation issues, the taking of injunctive relief and challenging the actions of enforcement officers;
- Representing main contractor in a judicial proceeding with a customer in relation to developing project designs of several large railroad facilities. The project was comprised of several simultaneous judicial proceedings at various levels of the judiciary on matters, such as, reconsideration of judicial acts on newly discovered circumstances, seeking recognition of the validity of acts of acceptance, recovery of debt, etc.;
- Advising construction holding headquartered in Germany with regard to reconstruction of power plant in Kazakhstan, including advice on taxation and form of legal presence in Kazakhstan, drafting and negotiations of construction contracts based on FIDIC forms, registration of legal entities in Kazakhstan and obtaining necessary permits.
- Advising a large construction company with headquarters in Spain with regard to construction of several infrastructure facilities in Kazakhstan, including bridges and roads. Our services include drafting EPC-contracts, obtaining licenses and authorizations, advising with regard to organization of activity in Kazakhstan, tax and labor issues.
- Advising a top-tier transportation company headquartered in France in connection with construction of a modern turnkey tram-line in Astana, including advice on regulations applicable to Astana New City Special Economic Zone;
- Advising several top-tier Italian construction companies in connection with a construction of roads in Western and Southern Kazakhstan and related disputes with state authorities/subcontractors;
- Advising an international construction company headquartered in South Korea in connection with participation in the largest residential construction project at the outskirts of Almaty, Kazakhstan, including general advisory services on Kazakhstani construction regulations and standards, participation in project structuring, drafting EPC contracts and other commercial agreements in construction area;
- Advising a world-leading consulting company headquartered in Singapore in connection with the project of reorganization of legislation in the area of special economic zones (SEZ) in Kazakhstan, for purposes of increase of their effectiveness, modernization of infrastructure and attraction of investments; including preparation of a comprehensive analysis of legal issues relating to activity of SEZ's and recommendations aimed at improvement of SEZ’s activity.
- Advising a group of major petrochemical companies with participation of both Kazakhstani and international state and private companies, in connection with construction of a petrochemical plant in Western Kazakhstan, including drafting EPC contracts. That was a pioneer transaction with FIDIC EPC сontracts successfully used in Kazakhstani petrochemical industry, and synchronized with local norms and regulations. Total project value – approximately 1 billion USD ;
- Advising a global clothing brand on acquisition of numerous premises in Kazakhstan, including advice with respect to reconstruction, maintenance, servicing of the building and leases. The overall value of acquisitions – approximately 30 million USD;
- Advising numerous foreign companies, including banks, global banking and financial services organizations, information products providers, airlines and management companies in connection with various issues related to leases in Kazakhstan;
- Advising Uber in connection with launch of service in Kazakhstan, including licensing, tax and other issues, drafting commercial agreements, participation in negotiations with state authorities.
- Representing a shortlisted consortium of Spanish, French and Turkish companies in a second stage of public tender for construction and operation of Big Almaty Ring Road (BAKAD), including review and negotiations over concession agreement and tender documentation, advice on various aspects of Kazakh law, participation in direct negotiations with Kazakh Ministry of Investments and Development. BAKAD is the major concession project to be realized in Kazakhstan in the near future based on Build-Transfer-Operate scheme, with the matter value is over US$ 700 million.
- Representing the Client, one of the major development and property management companies in the country, in connection with acquisition of several real estate facilities (including business centres and shopping malls) in capital Astana and other cities of Kazakhstan, including due diligence, drafting and negotiation of project documents, registration of title and other formalities.
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
GRATA International Kazakhstan contributed to the The Law Review series - The Technology, Media & Telecommunications Review 2017 with the chapter on Kazakhstan.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov - Partner, GRATA International, commented to Vlast on legal aspects of the 'second wave' of privatisation in Kazakhstan.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner and head of Construction & Infrastructure practice at GRATA International, commented for Asia Business Law Journal on implementation of infrastructure projects in Kazakhstan within the frameworks of "One Belt, One Road" initiative.
On 6-7 December 2016 in London (UK) annual FIDIC International Contract Users' Conference was held.
Asialaw Profiles – the guide to Asia-Pacific’s leading lawyers and law firms has identified key legal practitioners in Kazakhstan
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, partner at GRATA International, commented for UK Construction Law Journal on several practical aspects of use of FIDIC contract forms in Kazakhstan.
Homes away from home: Chinese real estate investment overseas
This Article is intended to bring attention of construction companies considering entering the construction market in Kazakhstan to general provisions of Kazakh law regulating licensing of construction and design activities.
On 10 June 2016, there was the presentation of Uber service in Astana (Kazakhstan). The services of one of the most popular on-line services in the world, a company valued over than 62.5 bln US dollars and having covered over 70 countries for the recent 7 years is now available in Kazakhstan.
We would like to draw your attention to some important changes in the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan regarding the country's accession to the World Trade Organization.
China Business Law Journal released winners of “China Business Law Awards 2015” in its second issue for 2016
We note that the views expressed below are preliminary and may require further research and analysis. We also note that below information shall not be considered as a legal advice, and is provided as a general overview of business activity from the standpoint of legal consultant.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner, Head of Telecommunications and Transport, Construction and Infrastructure (TTCI) department of GRATA International Almaty (Kazakhstan), commented to China Business Law Journal (November 2015)
Lawyers of GRATA International, including Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner (Kazakhstan), Assel Kalmagambetova, Senior Lawyer (Kazakhstan) and Nodir Yuldashev, Partner (Uzbekistan) contributed for the Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review 2015.
GRATA International was reviewed by Asialaw profiles 2016 as one of the leading experts and a premier law firm in Kazakhstan.
In September 2015 Kazakhstani Government announced that in furtherance to large-scale privatization program being realized in Kazakhstan over the last couple of years, 60 major state-owned companies will become private before 1 January 2018
On 18 September 2015, the Kazakhstani Legal Forum has been organized in Almaty
On 8 June 2015, in Almaty there was a business meeting of representatives of Malaysian and Kazakhstani oil-and-gas companies.
China-Russia Oil & Gas Forum gathered to discuss implementation of infrastructure projects and investment opportunities in the area of production and transportation of oil and gas in Russia, China and Central Asia.
In line with GRATA Law Firm’s practice of keeping clients informed of important legal developments that might influence their business
Doing Business 2013 is the 10th in a series of annual reports investigating the regulations that enhance business activity and those that constrain it.
On 4-5 October 2012, the 20th Anniversary Kazakhstani International Oil and Gas Conference KIOGE 2012 is held in Almaty. InterContinental Hotel.
National Plan on Organization and Holding International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017 has been adopted in Kazakhstan. In line with GRATA Law Firm’s practice of keeping clients informed of important legal developments that might influence their business, we would like to draw your attention to the recent changes in Kazakh legislation in connection with preparation for International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017.
We would like to draw your attention to prospective changes in Kazakh legislation Relating to Environmental Issues.
We would like to draw your attention to the recent changes in Kazakh legislation in connection with the adoption of the new Law 'On State Property'.
Crisis phenomena in economy increasingly bring forward the matter of more detailed elaboration of potential risks associated with construction contracts applied in Kazakhstan.
Development in the ICT sector is one of the top priorities of the Kazakh government.
GRATA Law Firm, represented by Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner, Kuben Abzhanov, Senior Lawyer, Saida Kapishova, Lawyer, and Darya Ryapissova, Junior Lawyer, participated in completion of the World Bank annual Doing Business Survey 2015 "Dealing with Construction Permits in Kazakhstan" and "Registering Property in Kazakhstan".
On March 28 , in Almaty, Yerzhan Essimkhanov , Partner at "GRATA Law Firm ", held a seminar on " EPC Contracts in the Republic of Kazakhstan "
Asialaw Profiles is a comprehensive guide to the leading domestic and regional law firms in the Asia-Pacific region.
Yerzhan Yessimkhanov, Partner at GRATA Law Firm, took part in the meeting with business community in Ukraine, organized by the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova in Kiev on 14 August 2014.
GRATA Law Firm as a member of group of consultants has acted as a legal adviser for the project of reorganization of system of special economic zones (SEZ) in Kazakhstan
On 25 February 2013 Kazakhstan adopted the new Rules on Entitlement of Airline Companies to Performance of Regular Internal Commercial Air Transportations (the 'Rules').
GRATA Partners Mr. Yerzhan Yessimkhanov (Kazakhstan) and Mr. Samir Hadjiyev (Azerbaijan) have contributed to the recently issued Globe Law and Business Catalogue 2013.
The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, has ordered to cancel the current moratorium on new tenders for granting subsoil use right.
We would like to draw your attention to the recent changes in Kazakh legislation in connection with the adoption of the new Law on Special Economic Zones.
Interview - III Annual Forum of Kazakhstani Subsoil Users
We would like to draw your attention to the recently enacted Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan 'On Supporting the Use of Renewable Energy Sources'
Новости 1 - 38 of 38
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last