Bakhodir Jabborov has over 13 years of experience in Uzbekistani legal services market. Prior to joining GRATA International Law Firm, Bakhodir had worked for eight years for Newmont Mining Corporation, the world’s largest gold producer, as their Chief In-House Counsel in Uzbekistan.
Mr Jabborov focuses his practice on a wide range of commercial and corporate transactions, including construction of major infrastructure facilities, subsoil law, contract law, environmental matters, production sharing agreements, licensing and permitting, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
Mr Jabborov received his Executive MBA degree from the University of Denver Daniels - College of Business, United States (2008), his bachelor degree in law from the Tashkent State Law Institute (2000).
Mr Jabborov is admitted to practice in Uzbekistan since 2000.
- Natural Resources;
- Subsoil Use;
- Environmental Law;
- Licenses and Permits;
- Contract Law;
- Corporate Law/M&A;
- Foreign Investment.
- “Getting the Deal Through – Mergers & Acquisitions 2011 – Uzbekistan”;
- “Doing Business 2012: Doing Business in a More Transparent World” contribution;
- “Getting the Deal Through – Mining 2013 – Uzbekistan”;
- “Getting the Deal Through – Merger Control 2014 – Uzbekistan”.
- Ranked in Chambers & Partners Global 2018
- Legal 500 EMEA 2018 Recommended Lawyer
- ILFR 1000 2019 Highly Regarded
- Advising the World’s leading natural resources company in drafting and negotiations of an Exploration Agreement and Production Sharing Agreement with the Uzbekistan Government. Assistance with licensing and permitting matters, including obtaining the land allotment;
- Advising the leading US (Fortune 100) company in drafting and negotiations of a Joint Venture Agreement with the National Holding Company “Uzbekneftegaz” on establishment in Free Industrial Economic Zone “Navoi” a joint venture on production of compressed natural gas stations and related equipment;
- Advising leading European company in negotiations with the Uzbek Government of exploration licenses and construction of US$500 million cement plant in Uzbekistan;
- Advising and acting for the sponsors’ consortium consisting of a major Malaysian national petroleum corporation and a South-African private corporation on Investment Agreement with Uzbekistan Government, Joint Venture Agreement with the National Holding Company “Uzbekneftegaz”, for construction, maintenance, and operation of the GTL Plant in worth US$ 3.5 billion;
- Advising the largest Japanese and Korean engineering companies with respect to licensing and permitting requirements for EPC contractors for modernisation of Talimarjan thermal power station;
- Advising on Uzbek law on licensing and permitting matters in a major US4.0 billion oil and gas project finance transaction aiming to support upstream and downstream capacity under Surgil Gas Chemicals Project;
- Acting for a World’s leading engineering company on establishment of the Joint Engineering Center in Uzbekistan, drafting and negotiating Joint Venture Agreement with Uzbekistan project institutes in petroleum and heavy industries, negotiating and drafting the Investment Agreement with Uzbekistan Government to receive individual tax and customs incentives;
- Advising the leading European company in drafting and negotiations of a Joint Venture Agreement with the National Holding Company “Uzbekneftegaz” on establishment in Free Industrial Economic Zone “Navoi” a joint venture on production of modern heating systems;
- Assisting the leading European high-speed train manufacturer on incorporation of a subsidiary in Uzbekistan and providing day to day legal assistance;
- Conducting full legal due diligence of the largest beer brewer in Uzbekistan for a leading Turkish beer brewing company with the view of corporate acquisition.
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last
GRATA International Uzbekistan acted as advisor to Telia Company in connection with the transaction on selling its interest in Ucell.
GRATA International has cemented its position as one of the leading firms in Central Asia and Caspian region, following the release of major international legal rating Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific 2019. GRATA International has secured a ranking in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
On June 27, 2018 Managing Partner of GRATA International’s Uzbekistan office Bakhodir Jabborov made a presentation at the World Initiative of Mining Lawyers annual conference in Sintra, Portugal (www.wioml.com) on Recent regulatory changes in simplifying access of the foreign investors in the mining industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
GRATA International performed exceptionally well in this year’s rankings as its Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan offices were ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018, confirming GRATA International's dominant position in Central Asia.
On 9 November 2017 GRATA International in collaboration with the London office of Clifford Chance held an interactive workshop/seminar on construction contracts in Wyndham Hotel, Tashkent city, Uzbekistan.
This year, the Chambers&Partners held their Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2017 ceremony on Friday, 24th March 2017 at The Fullerton Hotel, Singapore.
This year, the Chambers&Partners held their Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2016 ceremony in Singapore on Friday, April 8th 2016.
A new edition of the most authoritative international rating - Chambers&Partners Asia-Pacific Guide 2016 has been published this month.
Uzbekistan’s mining industry is one of the country’s most important and strategic industries.
The merger control regime is regulated by the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. ZRU-319 on Competition (the Competition Law), which entered into force on 6 December 2012, replacing the Law on competition and restriction of monopolistic behaviour in the commodities markets.
New associated office of GRATA International in the Czech Republic
Chambers Asia Pacific has published the world’s leading guides to the legal profession across the globe since 1990.
Uzbekistan’s mining industry is one of the country’s most important and strategic industries. Uzbekistan is one of the world’s largest producers of gold (ranked ninth) and of uranium (ranked seventh). Uzbekistan also produces copper, silver, coal, phosphate, molybdenum, potassium, tungsten, lead, zinc and other minerals.
GRATA Law Firm is glad to present you the chapter 'Uzbekistan' of the 'Getting the Deal Through – Merger Control 2015' guide
07-08 February 2014 in Almaty the 2013 reporting conference of the EURASIAN LAW FIRM «GRATA»
The MINEX Forum is one of the largest, most informative and representative industry events in Russia, covering topical issues of exploration, mining and processing of solid minerals in Russia.
Новости 1 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 | Next | Last