On 28 November 2015 the President of the Russian Federation signed the Decree No. 583 which provides for the list of special economic and administrative measures against the Republic of Turkey (hereinafter - 'Turkey') in connection with the events that took place on 24 November during the anti-terrorist operations in Syria.
The Decree, which came into force on the date of its signing, provides, inter alia:
1. the ban or restriction on the foreign trade operations related to the import into the territory of Russia of certain goods originating from Turkey, according to the list to be approved by the Government of the Russian Federation;
2. the ban or restriction for organisations under the jurisdiction of Turkey on the performance (provision) of certain types of works (services) in the territory of Russia, according to the list to be approved by the Government of the Russian Federation;
3. the ban for employers, customers of works (services) not included in the list to be approved by the Government of the Russian Federation on engaging Turkish nationals who are not in employment and(or) civil-legal relationships with such employers, customers of works (services) as of 31 December 2015, in employment relations, performance of works and provision of services, as effective from 1 January 2016;
4. suspension from 1 January 2016 of the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of Turkey for the terms and conditions of mutual trips of citizens of the Russian Federation and citizens of Turkey dated 12 May 2010, in terms of travels by citizens of Turkey to Russia, except for those:
- having a temporary residence permit or a residence permit on the territory of Russia;
- commissioned for work in diplomatic and consular missions of Turkey located in the territory of Russia, provided they have valid official and special passports, and their families.
45 Rockefeller Plaza Suite 2000 New York, NY 10111
+1 (212) 332 3299; +1 (646) 387 4757
Follow us on social media
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news
© 1992-2019 GRATA International. All rights reserved