A ban on the import into Russia of certain commodities, the country of origin of which is Ukraine or which move through the territory of Ukraine was introduced by the Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 29 December 2018 No. 1716-83.
The list of the commodities prohibited for import is provided in the appendix to this Decision and includes several dozens of commodity items according to the Commodity Nomenclature for Foreign Economic Activities, in particular:
- food products (wheat, sunflower oil, prepared or canned fish, sugar confectionery, chocolate and other prepared food products containing cocoa, bread, flour confectionery, cakes, cookies and other bakery and flour confectionery products, vegetables, fruits, nuts and other edible parts of plants, prepared or preserved, jams, fruit jelly, marmalades, fruit or nut puree, fruit juices (including grape mash) and vegetable juices, malt beer, natural wines, alcohol tinctures, liqueurs and other alcoholic beverages, etc.);
- equipment (for the production of bakery products and for the sugar industry, steam boilers or other steam generating boilers, steam turbines and other steam turbines, gas turbines (except for turbines for civil aircraft), seeders, planters and transplanting machines, cleaning machines, sorting or calibrating seeds, grains or dry leguminous crops, electric motors and generators, electrical generating sets and rotating electrical converters, etc.);
- materials (including pebbles, gravel, crushed stone, limestone, dolomite and other limestone, paper and cardboard uncoated other, wallpaper and similar wall coverings; transparent paper for windows, wall coverings from textile materials) and substances (substances of surface and active organic, surface-active agents, detergents and cleaning agents, whether or not containing soap, other than soap itself, surface-active organic substances and agents used as soap);
- furniture (cameras, cabinets, showcases, counters and similar furniture) for storage and display, with built-in refrigeration or freezing equipment;
- tractors (except for tractors used on railway station platforms);
- trailers and semi-trailers which are self-loading or self-unloading for agriculture.
The respective commodities can be moved through the territory of the Russian Federation to third countries in accordance with the customs procedure of customs transit, provided that traceability of their transportation is ensured and to the cargo areas (compartments) of vehicles and railway rolling stock, facilities, tanks and other places in which the commodities are placed or may be placed, identification means (seals) are applied, including those operating on the basis of the global navigation satellite system GLONASS technology.
The Federal Customs Service, the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance, the Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare, the Federal Service for Supervision in Transport, the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology and Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation shall provide for monitoring of the implementation of the Decision within their competence.
The Decision was adopted pursuant to Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of October 22, 2018 N 592 "On the application of special economic measures in connection with the unfriendly actions of Ukraine against citizens and legal entities of the Russian Federation" and entered into force on the date of its publication.
Director of the Corporate and Commercial Law Department, GRATA International (Moscow)
Tel: +7 (495) 660 11 84
104, M. Ospanov Street, Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan, 050020
+7(727)2445 777; +7(701)7501 177
Follow us on social media
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news
© 1992-2019 GRATA International. All rights reserved